Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Football Ventures Share Ownership.

+3
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I see, Sluffy, that I have not quite answered your question about whether the £1m of allotted, but not paid for, shares carried voting rights.

Its all a bit technical but I think the normal rule would be that they did carry voting rights. So, if the £1m unpaid shares had previously been allotted to Sharon, she would have been a PSC at the time that there was a declaration that there was no PSC.

Nowt to worry about in any of this but it is nice to know who exactly is in legal control and Marc Iles and his fan club need to know who is personally responsible for unpaid bills.

Next time he organises a lynch mob, they at least need to know who to lynch.

Thanks for the fuller explanation Ten Bob - it does tie up a number of loose ends.

Ignore the childish comments above, whether their authors accept it or not Iles is quite clearly can be classed an 'influencer' on social media in regards to Bolton Wanderers and substantial number of people who follow him take everything he says, including his thoughts and opinions, as facts and the truth.

They take no account of his personal biases and dislikes in how he manipulates the crowd to his point of view regardless if it is the right one or not.

It seems given a choice between believing what Iles says and those few people who clearly can disprove what he has said with facts, they still believe Iles and mock or abuse those who have questioned him.

Fwiw Iles isn't even highly regarded in his own field of Sports Journalism even within the confines of this region.  You would think with all the juicy story's to be had with Anderson, Vince/Doidge non payment, players strikes games off, players strikes refusing to train, players strikes refusing to get on the coach to away matches, players terminating their contracts, fans protest march, public meeting at the Victoria Hall with club legend McGinlay calling for Administration, the ST's public meeting where board members stated that FV, Mike James and EDT were no good, Administration, 15 point penalty and two year embargo, separate Administration for the hotel (and thus two sets if Administrators with conflicting aims) the attempted sale of the club - FV walks away, sale of the club - Bassini buys it - or not? Bassini at the Reebok as the owner, some randoms wanting to buy the hotel - thus stopping the overall sale to FV, Bassini court order to stop the sale of the club to FV whilst he takes Anderson to court, EFL lets Bolton play whilst in Admin, Bury thrown out of the league, starting the season with the kids,finally sale of the club to FV, future plans for the club by new owners, influx of new players on last day of transfer window, Peter Kenyon's involvement?, no further points deduction resulting from the player strikes, and loads and loads of other story's to numerous to mention, Iles didn't even reach the shortlist for his category!

North West finalists - Sports Journalist
Jon Colman – News & Star/Cumberland News
Tom Evans – Liverpool Echo
Chris Hall – ITV Granada Reports
Matt Jones – Radio City
Matt Scrafton – The Blackpool Gazette

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

His professional peers don't rate him.

Neither do I.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Don't interrupt the grown ups on this thread Boncey, us children should be seen and not heard.
Private threads might be an idea. Invitation only. Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You really are a very pompous and patronising man Sluffy, it just makes me laugh now. 

I'm off now to join the rest of the sheep who can't think for themselves.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Don't interrupt the grown ups on this thread Boncey, us children should be seen and not heard.
Don't take it personally, Norpig. The majority of Berni Madoff's clients thought Harry Markopolos was crying wolf until they finally figured out that Bernie wasn't the cat's pyjamas.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A charge settled today I see.  Guess it’s just an old bill being paid

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A quick google reveals they were the company that dealt with the Macron deals for the kit and the stadium

Owed them 52k but that’s before the x in a £ admin deal.

Also looked like a certain Andrew Gartside was employed by them during this period

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:A charge settled today I see.  Guess it’s just an old bill being paid

Seems it is EDT (Eddie Davies Trust) that has been settled.

I'm somewhat surprised at that, as the charge is against the stadium and other land around the stadium and land in the midlands (which Burnden Leisure acquired when in too over mosaic when Eddie took it over and changed the name to BL) (p54 of 175 of the charge) The charge on FV AND FVWL Football Ltd both being settled.

I would have thought the Administrator would have been paid off first whose charge is also against the stadium but only charged against FVWL Football Ltd.

I guess this may mean a number of things -

1 - That FV have paid EDT off in full
2 - FV they made some agreement and paid something with the rest waived.
3 - EDT have waived the charge
4 - EDT have been given the stadium in lieu of the charge (although that couldn't happen without consent of the other charge holders on the asset.
5 - the stadium has been bought by a third party and all charges on it settled, with presumably notification that the other charge holders charge against the asset also will be notified to Companies House shortly that they have been settled also.

I can't see where FV have suddenly come into more money all of a sudden so I'm guessing either Sharon had settled from her own money or Eddie's family have decide to draw a line under everything and move on with their lives no longer being tied up with BWFC anymore?

It will be interesting see se what if anything is said about this by the club?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:A quick google reveals they were the company that dealt with the Macron deals for the kit and the stadium

Owed them 52k but that’s before the x in a £ admin deal.  

Also looked like a certain Andrew Gartside was employed by them during this period

Think you might be barking up the wrong tree here BTID.

This is the link you need to be looking at -

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes I was Smile your right about it being for EDT

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Yes I was Smile your right about it being for EDT

Seems I know my onions then!

Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just seen this!

If you want any evidence that Iles is utterly clueless about company finance and how business work then look no farther than this!

Satisfaction of charge in full it even says...!!!

:facepalm:

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Yes I was Smile your right about it being for EDT
Fildraw indeed, but at least it's nice to know that things are getting settled.
Settled is good after recent years.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Just seen this!

If you want any evidence that Iles is utterly clueless about company finance and how business work then look no farther than this!

Satisfaction of charge in full it even says...!!!

:facepalm:
TBF that is either incredibly unaware, not paying proper attention to tweets, or pitching for the lowest common denominator in order to make one story into two like the scraping the barrel journalist that he appears. I'm thinking option a)

Or he could just be taking the piss.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:TBF that is either incredibly unaware, not paying proper attention to tweets, or pitching for the lowest common denominator in order to make one story into two like the scraping the barrel journalist that he appears. I'm thinking option a)

Or he could just be taking the piss.

Christ have you been living under a rock or something for the last decade or so???

Iles has shown his total ignorance of anything financial in all that time both in print and on social media!!!

He didn't think it was in anyway strange that an a quaint provincial, little  northern mill town club like ours carried the worlds fourth biggest club debt only bettered by Real Madrid, Manchester United and Valencia and bigger than the likes of Chelsea, Manchester City, Barcelona, PSG, Juventus, Inter Milan, etc, etc!

Never thought to question how a man with a reported fortune of £93m had, on paper at least, put over double that into the club (from an offshore Caribbean tax haven)?

And didn't even know who paid for the Reebok stadium (I've added that just for Bob!).

Let alone understood one single thing about the Administration we went through (look how that young lad a Wigan has reported on their Administration and compare that with Iles and ours!!!).

He doesn't understand anything to do with finance, even when the answer is written out in full for him in the tweet he is replying to!!!

So no, he isn't taking the piss!

He really thinks it's something dating back to the takeover of a year ago...

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm pretty much where you are on this, Sluffy. EDT have been paid off or some compromise agreement has been reached.

All of this must have been extremely difficult for Sue Davies but she and FV both seem to me to have conducted themselves with impeccable discretion.

I wouldn't expect any statement but it seems like Iles is going to be asking Paul Holliday about it.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Tue 6 Oct - 9:10; edited 1 time in total

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Christ have you been living under a rock or something for the last decade or so???

Iles has shown his total ignorance of anything financial in all that time both in print and on social media!!!

He didn't think it was in anyway strange that an a quaint provincial, little  northern mill town club like ours carried the worlds fourth biggest club debt only bettered by Real Madrid, Manchester United and Valencia and bigger than the likes of Chelsea, Manchester City, Barcelona, PSG, Juventus, Inter Milan, etc, etc!

Never thought to question how a man with a reported fortune of £93m had, on paper at least, put over double that into the club (from an offshore Caribbean tax haven)?

And didn't even know who paid for the Reebok stadium (I've added that just for Bob!).

Let alone understood one single thing about the Administration we went through (look how that young lad a Wigan has reported on their Administration and compare that with Iles and ours!!!).

He doesn't understand anything to do with finance, even when the answer is written out in full for him in the tweet he is replying to!!!

So no, he isn't taking the piss!

He really thinks it's something dating back to the takeover of a year ago...

The real problem with Iles is not just that he's clueless but he's a leader in cluelessness with no shortage of clueless followers. The Poundland toffee muncher's done a lot of damage and I don't think he's quite finished yet.

Btw, Sluffy, it wasn't just 'on paper' it was actually happening and it was happening year after year.

The 'geriatric prick' has got it all on his spreadsheets and his spreadsheets do add up correctly.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Tue 6 Oct - 10:23; edited 2 times in total

Sluffy wrote:

Totally agree that Iles is poor on the finance angle, but the above point is actually more common place than you'd think.

At the time we had the fourth largest debt in world football I believe QPR were 3rd, even today the Coates family are operating as Davies had with us by loaning money to Stoke so I think they're top 10.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

But let's not blame everything on Iles. That award-winning nitwit who writes for the Guardian, David Conn, was every bit as bad and not a single journalist in the country could be bothered to figure out whether Ken Anderson had actually trousered £525K, let alone where the money might have come from or gone to.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum