Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keith Hill supplies injury update ahead of Wycombe game

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ronan Darcy will need injections in a foot injury to get him back on the field for Wanderers.

The midfielder has missed the last two games and though X-rays have shown there is no fracture he is still struggling with pain which has prevented him from training properly.

It is not known whether Darcy will be available for this weekend’s home game against Wycombe – but Keith Hill also has a number of other fitness issues in his squad.

Dennis Politic pulled out of the squad on Tuesday afternoon after falling ill and Hill revealed he could have two more defensive injuries which could force him into changes on Saturday.

“Dennis couldn’t make it,” Hill told The Bolton News.

“I got a phone call from Matty Barrass midday and Dennis had been ill, sick overnight, sick this morning, and the doctors referred him back home with medication.

“Toto couldn’t make it and Jack Hobbs came in cold, unfortunately he got injured, and potentially Kean Bryan too.”

Toto Nsiala was told he could not face Doncaster because he had fallen unconscious after a clash of heads in last weekend’s game against Coventry. Doctors will have to clear him to face Wycombe.

Hill refuses to be too downbeat about the situation, however, and has assured Bolton supporters “it will become better.”

“The whole scenario is difficult,” he said. “We are in it, we know what we are dealing with and we can’t get angry about it – I can’t allow other people to get angry about it. You have to be level-headed and understand why it is happening, constantly.

“It has been a mis-matched season and we are trying to fight through it. But we’re getting injuries and I’m starring at another bench where it’s al replacements.

“We’ve gone into another minefield from where we were two weeks ago to where we are now.

“Matchday injuries and illness are unfortunate but it’s the way the robustness of two matches in a week are affecting our squad.

“I have been through such a lot in my life and there’s always a silver lining somewhere.

“The ice will break and things will become better. This is a giant of a football club that we’re working for and you can’t keep giants down, no chance.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum