Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton v Wycombe line-ups, key men, odds and all you need to know

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers will look to get back to winning ways when promotion-chasing Wycombe visit the UniBol on Saturday.

From likely line-ups, to key men and the referee, all you need to know ahead of the game can be found below.

LIKELY LINE-UPS

Wanderers (4-3-3): Matthews, Emmanuel, Nsiala, Edwards, Fleming, Lowe, L Murphy, Hamilton, Politic, D Murphy, O’Grady.

Wycombe (4-3-3): Allsop, McCarthy, Stewart, Jombati, Jacobson, Pattison, Gape, Freeman, Wheeler, Samuel, Parker.

OPPOSITION MANAGER

Gareth Ainsworth ­- The longest-serving manager in the EFL and Premier League at nearly seven-and-a-half years, Ainsworth led Wycombe out of League Two and to a rather improbable promotion push, which began with a 2-0 victory against Bolton on the opening day of the season. Momentum has stalled recently with three wins in 11.

HEADLINE NEWS

Fleetwood boss Joey Barton has described Gareth Ainsworth as a ‘first-class human being’ with a group of players who ‘never say die’ – Bucks Free Press

Matt Bloomfield has acknowledged the role of Wycombe’s fans in the club’s rise, adding: ‘Without them the club is nothing.’ – Wycombe Official Site

Gareth Ainsworth says Fred Onyedimna is close to starting games again for the club after four months out through injury – Bucks Free Press

WHO MAKES THEM TICK?

At the back: Anthony Stewart – Centre-back who has been with the Chairboys for most of their journey up the league. Solid and quick.

In the middle: Dominic Gape – Been a regular at the heart of the Wycombe midfield for a few years now and knits things together well.

Up front: Adebayo Akinfenwa – Hulking striker who has become a cult figure in football but proved a handful on the opening day of the season.

THEY SAID IT

“Hopefully I’ll be one of those good managers who get up to 500 or 600 games! But I’m proud of my time here. I think we have put the club back on the map.

“I’ve seen shirts in the town centre, I’ve seen stuff in the local press, I’ve seen stuff in shop windows that I never saw 10 years ago, maybe even 25 years ago when there was a big hoo-ha about the club getting into the Football League.” – Gareth Ainsworth on reaching 400 games in charge of Wycombe

HEAD-TO-HEAD HISTORY

Played – 1

Wanderers wins – 0

Draws – 0

Wycombe wins - 1

BOOKIES’ ODDS

Bolton win – 11/5

Draw – 12/5

Wycombe win – 5/4

REFEREE

Graham Salisbury – Lancashire referee who has given out 77 yellow cards and one red in his 25 games this season. His last encounter with Wanderers came six years ago in a 1-0 home defeat to Burnley in the Championship.

FIXTURE TRENDS

There has only been one competitive fixture between the two clubs, which ended in a 2-0 win for Wycombe on the opening day of this season at Adams Park. Paul Smyth and Fred Onyedimna scored the goals.

Wycombe have lost their last five games away from Adams Park, last picking up a point in a goalless draw with Ipswich on November 26.

Wanderers have picked up more points (19) at home this season than Southend, Tranmere and Rochdale.

TRIVIA

Since 1678 the people of Wycombe have ceremonially weighed their mayor before and after their term of service. The Town Crier announces after the second weigh whether they have gained or lost weight.

TICKETS

Adults - £20, Concessions - £10

LEAGUE ONE FIXTURES

Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City, Wanderers v Wycombe, Bristol Rovers v Blackpool, Fleetwood v Peterborough, Gillingham v Doncaster Rovers, Ipswich Town v Burton Albion, Oxford United v Sunderland, Portsmouth v Shrewsbury, Rochdale v Tranmere Rovers, Rotherham United v AFC Wimbledon, Southend United v Coventry City.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum