Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beware the Ides of March

+5
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
Norpig
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

31Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 18:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I do remember the Black Sox scandal.

Fair play if you're that old!

This is a more recent event that made people laugh at the time!

I'm not that old. But I remember reading about Shoeless Joe Jackson. Although Baseball is pretty much alien to me, Ken Burns' series 'Baseball' is riveting TV.

32Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 19:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:In all fairness to Bob and Sluffy, most regulars want it to be more lively with football chat related stuff on here and now it’s happening somewhat you are all moaning! 

You can’t have it both ways you know! Very Happy

You need to grow a pair KP, if this was any other poster dishing out the insults he'd be on his way.

I don't know how TROY has lasted in all fairness. This needs to be looked at. Very Happy

33Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 19:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:More chat is great, being patronised and talked down to is another thing altogether!

Laughing

34Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 19:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:
karlypants wrote:With all that money he has you would have thought he would clean up his appearance a bit.

Being a self proclaimed new age traveller doesn't mean he needs to look grubby as he looks like he needs a good wash.

Ha here he is! Bet you look like James Bond don’t you Karly?!

Good god you really are a cock. :facepalm:

35Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 19:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I don't know how TROY has lasted in all fairness. This needs to be looked at. Very Happy

You massive bellend.

If I did a poll asking who should be binned, TROY or Bob, Bob would win hands down.

You need to get off your knees and sort this out.

36Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 20:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:I don't know how TROY has lasted in all fairness. This needs to be looked at. Very Happy

You massive bellend.

If I did a poll asking who should be binned, TROY or Bob, Bob would win hands down.

You need to get off your knees and sort this out.

No one is being binned.

Bob and I like to talk about finance.

Ok we get that it bores a lot of people but it's certainly not worth being banned over - although Wways obviously thought it was for their site (if anyone reads this from Wways I'd be grateful if you could pass on my condolences to Escobarp on the death of his father, it's not an easy thing to deal with).

If you don't like posts about financial stuff then simply don't read them - it's as easily solved as that.

37Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 20:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:No one is being binned.

Ok we get that it bores a lot of people but it's certainly not worth being banned over - although Wways obviously thought it was for their site (if anyone reads this from Wways I'd be grateful if you could pass on my condolences to Escobarp on the death of his father, it's not an easy thing to deal with).

If you don't like posts about financial stuff then simply don't read them - it's as easily solved as that.

If we binned every boring poster I'd be the only one on here. This is about the subtle digs and insinuations that we're all thick because we don't care who financed the Reebok decades ago.

He was banned from WW for a reason.

38Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 20:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:No one is being binned.

If we binned every boring poster I'd be the only one on here. This is about the subtle digs and insinuations that we're all thick because we don't care who financed the Reebok decades ago.

He was banned from WW for a reason.

I was banned for a reason yet I didn't go around making subtle digs and insinuations.

I objected to how people could threaten physical violence to him, even saying they would seek him out to do so (one even saying he'd give him a 'slap' knowing full well that Bob is eighty years old ffs!) and abusing him, frequently calling him a cunt just because he implied they weren't the brightest when all he was doing was simply stating financial facts which was contrary to the almost universal belief that Anderson was the Devil incarnate here to rape the club for his own benefit.

Seems on Wways vile abuse and threats of seeking him out and physically attacking him don't warrant any sanctions but inferring someone is a bit dim, is!

We are not that sort of a site.

And fwiw, it looks as though Bob was right about the finances under Anderson's tenure all along and virtually everyone else was wrong.

The lynch mobs aren't always right you know.

39Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 20:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
I was banned for a reason yet I didn't go around making subtle digs and insinuations.

I objected to how people could threaten physical violence to him, even saying they would seek him out to do so (one even saying he'd give him a 'slap' knowing full well that Bob is eighty years old ffs!) and abusing him, frequently calling him a cunt just because he implied they weren't the brightest when all he was doing was simply stating financial facts which was contrary to the almost universal belief that Anderson was the Devil incarnate here to rape the club for his own benefit.

Seems on Wways vile abuse and threats of seeking him out and physically attacking him don't warrant any sanctions but inferring someone is a bit dim, is!

We are not that sort of a site.

And fwiw, it looks as though Bob was right about the finances under Anderson's tenure all along and virtually everyone else was wrong.

The lynch mobs aren't always right you know.

Completely missed the point of my post. But you knew that.

40Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 20:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Completely missed the point of my post. But you knew that.

Did I?

Then spell it out so I won't.

Bob clearly things people have lost sight of Eddie Davies benevolence and legacy.

His way of saying it is by attempting to remind everyone that it was his money that in effect paid for the assets that the club is surviving on to this day.

Most people don't care but he does and what's the problem that he wants to remind people of the fact.

If Eddie Davis hadn't, we'd gone the way of Bury long before now.

As far as I can see he's got every right to say it as anyone else has the right to say what they want on here (within reason of course) - isn't that why we have a forum, to say things and debate on things that others may not always agree with, or even care about.

41Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 21:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bob's OK with me. Knows his stuff when it comes to the Wanderers. I'd rather ban KP for his musical taste. Very Happy

42Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 21:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This isn't about the general content of his posts, it's about the constant insinuation that Bolton fans are too thick to understand what's going on at the club.

If this was anyone else you'd be having a word.

If any other new poster came on here making the same comments you'd have banned them within a week.

43Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 21:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Bob's OK with me. Knows his stuff when it comes to the Wanderers. I'd rather ban KP for his musical taste. Very Happy

Man up Bonce.

Last night you were asking if he was a giver.

44Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 21:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Bob's OK with me. Knows his stuff when it comes to the Wanderers. I'd rather ban KP for his musical taste. Very Happy

Man up Bonce.

Last night you were asking if he was a giver.
You had pictures, I only had sound. I still don't know.

45Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 21:18

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I'm sure it's a wonderful subject Bob, but, like baseball, I don't understand it. And it's not a subject that you can grasp with a few searches on google, so I tend to let those who seem to know more about it try to enlighten me, hard though that is sometimes.
Rammy, late of this site, was very good at explaining, and informing us during the trials and tribulations with Anderson, and did so I might add, without making us feel like seven year olds.
To be honest, I thank God that only yourself and Sluffy post about this stuff, because if the rest of us were up to speed on it, all hell would break loose.
My slippers wouldn't get a look in.
God its not that difficult. If you were in business in the first half of the ninteenth century you and your family were wholly at risk of  everything you owned if the business failed.

But its not been like that for 170 years. A business stands on its own feet not on the feet of the shareholders, their wives or their children if its a limited company. The debts of the company are the debts of the company.

Iles tried, with great success, to persuade all and sundry that the debts of Bolton Wanderers were the debts of Ken Anderson.

And when Dale Vince, taking a million quid a year from a taxpayer subsidised business without paying income tax on it, threatened to put BWFC into liquidation, that was alright because he made the threat to Ken Anderson.

What's up with you people?

46Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 21:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

47Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 21:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:This isn't about the general content of his posts, it's about the constant insinuation that Bolton fans are too thick to understand what's going on at the club.

If this was anyone else you'd be having a word.

If any other new poster came on here making the same comments you'd have banned them within a week.

No I wouldn't, I've been saying much the same myself for the last three years.

Company finance is neither an easy area to understand or a popular one to get involved in but it's certainly an exceptionally interesting one and that's why those who know what they are doing can become incredibly wealthy from it.

People have chosen not to listen to me about it on here and have got on my back about it so much so that there was little point me posting about it on here at one time.  

I'm pragmatic enough to know that although I was proven right in much of what I had been saying, simply by the apparent complete lack of sanctions against Anderson following the in depth scrutiny of the books by the Administrator, that I would achieve nothing by crowing about it and was more than happy to move on and look to what the new owners might be up to (I still haven't the foggiest on that unfortunately).

Bob can and has spoken for himself above.

As I've said already if what he or I says on the matter you find boring, then simply don't read it.

Problem solved.

48Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 21:36

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Iles tried, with great success, to persuade all and sundry that the debts of Bolton Wanderers were the debts of Ken Anderson.

Need to post some evidence of this. Certainly not something I ever remember reading and it’s not something any on here ever believed/posted about.

49Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 21:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:No I wouldn't, I've been saying much the same myself for the last three years.

Company finance is neither an easy area to understand or a popular one to get involved in but it's certainly an exceptionally interesting one and that's why those who know what they are doing can become incredibly wealthy from it.

People have chosen not to listen to me about it on here and have got on my back about it so much so that there was little point me posting about it on here at one time.  

I'm pragmatic enough to know that although I was proven right in much of what I had been saying, simply by the apparent complete lack of sanctions against Anderson following the in depth scrutiny of the books by the Administrator, that I would achieve nothing by crowing about it and was more than happy to move on and look to what the new owners might be up to (I still haven't the foggiest on that unfortunately).

Bob can and has spoken for himself above.

As I've said already if what he or I says on the matter you find boring, then simply don't read it.

Problem solved.

Again, completely avoiding the question and wittering on about you being right again.

I don't have a problem with what he's saying, what I do have a problem with is the insinuation that Bolton fans are thick because they don't spend their lives posting about things that happened yonks ago.

You're completely blinkered when it comes to Bob.

50Beware the Ides of March - Page 3 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 21:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Iles tried, with great success, to persuade all and sundry that the debts of Bolton Wanderers were the debts of Ken Anderson.

As TROY says, please provide evidence of this. Shouldn't be difficult for a smart chap like yourself.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum