Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Red Devil's in the detail for Wanderers loanee Ethan Hamilton

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ethan Hamilton has enjoyed picking apart the good and the bad moments of his first few months with Wanderers.

The Manchester United midfielder, whose goal at Burton Albion on Tuesday night helped Bolton continue a three-game unbeaten run, is a self-confessed detail nut.

Hamilton has spent hours watching himself back since arriving at the UniBol in January with an all-action debut at Rochdale and hopes picking out what he did right on Tuesday night will help him score more goals in a Whites shirt before the end of the season.

“It something I need to try and keep adding to my game,” he told The Bolton News. “When I look back at how I have done I’m always looking at ways I could have got into better positions.

“I try and watch bits of my games and the club give you clips, so I try and see what I have done wrong, what’s been done well. Sometimes watching the bad stuff is as good as watching the good ones because you can learn more.

“I like to study it and speak to the coaching staff to get their advance. They help me out a lot, Flickers and Hilly, so it’s brilliant.

“I quite enjoy analysing it, to be honest, because I think it improves your game. If it helps me do better for the team, ultimately that’s what I am there to do.”

Hamilton reunited with his former Rochdale boss Keith Hill two months ago with the Bolton squad in a state of real flux.

He has played 12 out of 13 games since walking through the doors but enjoyed the feel of victory just once, against Tranmere Rovers.

He sees, however, some improvement in recent performances against Accrington, Wimbledon and Burton which will hopefully put another win on the board before much longer.

“I don’t think you can put it down to one particular thing,” he said. “We’d always approached training in the right way, had the right mentality going into games, but maybe it hadn’t quite clicked in previous ones, I don’t know.

“In the last three we feel like we are heading more in the right direction. It’s three draws in a row so it’s about just getting that last little step to win them. But the way we have been playing, the lads pulling together, is showing good signs.

“Everyone is doing their best, working for each other. When you have got that atmosphere with people encouraging each other and willing you on it makes for a good atmosphere.

“The lads are honest, we just need to try and keep going in this direction.”

Wanderers face a free-scoring Peterborough side who have averaged close to two goals per game this season, the best in the division. Away from home that number drops to 1.5 and is bettered by both Rotherham (1.67) and Burton (1.72).

Although the run of clean sheets was brought to an end in midweek, Hamilton feels there has been improvement in the defensive shape of Keith Hill’s side, triggered by a ‘back to basics’ approach on the training ground.

“The two clean sheets were important. We’ve had this mentality among the lads that we have to start defending properly and when we get the chance to attack, get it done. Having Ali Crawford in the side is brilliant because almost any run you make for him he’ll slip you in, so he’s great to play alongside.

“Toto and Ryan Delaney have done really well since they came in and I think Kean (Bryan) and Murph (Luke Murphy) in front of them give that good balance as well. Scoring a couple of goals against Burton makes you feel like it is going in the right direction.

“There are good lads in there and there was always an effort to create a positive environment and there is a belief that if we keep working as hard as we have done then it will come through. I think it has shown recently.

“We all want that reward. You prepare all week, work hard in training, so when you get something out of the game it feels good and you want it again.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum