Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers loanee not focussed on his Manchester United future

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ethan Hamilton says he is trying not to give a thought to his future at Manchester United.

The midfielder, who signed on loan for the rest of this season in January, signed his last deal at Old Trafford in 2018 and is expected to be out of contract in the summer.

Hamilton has made a solid start at Bolton but is trying to keep his focus on the short-term plan of getting as much game time as possible during his time at the UniBol.

Asked if had thought about what might happen at the end of the season, he said: “I don’t really focus on that – I’m trying to just do the best for the club and my team-mates, that’s where I am at.

“The most important thing for me is doing the best I can.

“We’ve all got to try and embrace the challenge and look to imprint what we can do on Saturday’s game.”

Hamilton has arrived at a tough juncture in Wanderers’ history, and with 16 games still to play hopes have faded significantly in recent weeks that they can drag themselves away from trouble.

Defeats against Coventry City and Doncaster Rovers have left the team 18 points behind AFC Wimbledon in the final position of safety but Hamilton says the squad will work through their problems.

“You have to try and stay positive and it can be difficult at times,” he told The Bolton News. “Sometimes when it’s fresh after a game it’s harder but when the next day comes along and you can look back to see what you could have done better, maybe even look over those good things you did, it’s easier to move forward.

“The lads are great and genuinely do get on with one another. It’s a collective and it hurts when it doesn’t go well. You can only keep working hard and hope that things will lighten up and that we can get on a good roll.”

On a personal level, Hamilton has enjoyed his first month at the club.

Even though results have been hard to take at times, the 21-year-old insists he is learning a lot from his spell at the rough end of League One.

“It has been great here,” he said. “I’d had experience before at Rochdale and Southend but to be at a club like Bolton is amazing, I am really enjoying it,” he said.

“I think we have to try and stay positive and take it game by game. For me to be playing on the pitch with some of the older players here and the experience they have got is great for me.

“There are frustrations, definitely. It’s just the little bit of rub of the green that isn’t going for us at the moment but we’ll try and look at those things we can improve on, work hard in training, and prepare right for the next game.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum