Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clean Sheets without Cahill

+6
jayjay23
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Bolton Nuts
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Clean Sheets without Cahill Sun Jan 22 2012, 19:19

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I remember a couple of seasons ago or last season we seemed to be better in defence when Cahill was suspended or injured. Is that going to happen again?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Sun Jan 22 2012, 19:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've said it all along, Cahill was vastly overrated - how many times in his Bolton career did you come away from the match thinking Cahill had a stormer? Not many I'd guess.

3Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Sun Jan 22 2012, 19:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone would struggle with Knight as a partner. I agree he is overrated but I think he will do okay at Chelsea, if he can get into the team.

4Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Sun Jan 22 2012, 19:47

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It was when he had that blood clot and Ricketts had to slot in next to Knight and it worked like a charm.

Cahill's good at attacking the ball in the air and he's a good footballer, but that's all I can say. He's poor at marking, he's not good at reading attackers' runs and I think Knight is a better tackler.

He'll probably look a far better defender at Chelsea alongside better players, but I cannot stress how much I don't give a shit that he's gone.

5Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Sun Jan 22 2012, 19:55

doffcocker wrote:He'll probably look a far better defender at Chelsea alongside better players, but I cannot stress how much I don't give a shit that he's gone.

Typical Bolton loser, happy to let his best player go for next to nothing.

6Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Sun Jan 22 2012, 19:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Hater wrote:
doffcocker wrote:He'll probably look a far better defender at Chelsea alongside better players, but I cannot stress how much I don't give a shit that he's gone.

Typical Bolton loser, happy to let his best player go for next to nothing.

Better than wasting 35 million on a pony tailed cart horse.

7Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Sun Jan 22 2012, 20:58

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Better than being from Blackburn. OUCH.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

8Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Sun Jan 22 2012, 21:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only time Bolton Hater has seen a clean sheet is when he stays in a Premier Inn.

9Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Mon Jan 23 2012, 13:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:The only time Bolton Hater has seen a clean sheet is when he stays in a Premier Inn.

Not on topic but i love going on tripadvisor and checking out bad hotel reviews.

hilarious to see the kind of shit people put up with in hotels

10Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Thu Feb 02 2012, 18:31

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I am bringing this thread back to life. I know Arsenal had their chances last night - but are we just better at not conceding when Cahill does not play. I recall a fair few fantistic interceptions/blocks from Wheater which if he had not got them in things could have been far worse than 0-0.

Can anyone be bothered working out a percentage of clean sheets with and withou Cahill.

Our best run of the season comes after Cahill leaves - coincidental?

11Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Thu Feb 02 2012, 18:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't think it's coincidental but we didn't too bad without him when he was out for a couple of months when ricketts stepped in at centre back.

I would take him back in a shot but I can't say I shed a tear when he left.

12Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Thu Feb 02 2012, 19:42

I said before Cahill left that i honestly believe that Wheater will be able to step in for him no problem and looking good so far! just hope Ream is good enough to push Knight out though. Wouldn't take much class i don't think... :/

13Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Thu Feb 02 2012, 20:00

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

When I first read this i thought Biggie was owning up to shitting the bed.

14Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Thu Feb 02 2012, 21:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cahill still hasn't made an appearance for Chelsea. It's not as if their back four are all that solid.

15Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Thu Feb 02 2012, 23:07

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I am happy that we got £7m for him. I would have been even happier if we had got £1.5m for Davies.

16Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Fri Feb 03 2012, 10:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cahill is great at going forward and can score, but I always thought he was trying to do two jobs at once and that left the other defenders isolated and out of position - it made Knight in particular look sh1t as he was always having to cover for Cahill whilst watching out for his own guy.

What Cahill brings is fantastic in a team with an overall solid defence, but not for us, so maybe it's best that he's moved on even if we only made £2.5 million profit from the sale.

With 2 stay-at-home CBs I think we'll be able to defend more solidly, especially with Muamba and NRC providing a shield and having (finally) some options at full back.

If we're going to survive, it's essential we produce more defensive performances like the last few, starting tomorrow - because now we've (finally) got a bit of pace up front we have a chance of nicking a few points.

17Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Fri Feb 03 2012, 10:53

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be fair to Cahill, his departure isn't the only big recent change to the side.

Robinson's been relegated to where in my opinion he should have been relegated to two years ago - the bench. Ricketts, a far more able full back has replaced him. Davies has finally been dropped. Klasnic, although good at finishing, was a nightmare for his lack of effort and has rightfully been dropped too. N'Gog's come in and been a breath of fresh air with his ability to hold up the ball.

We've gone from a 4-4-2, where both strikers were hugely immobile and we were therefore incredibly easy to attack against, to a 4-5-1 where the one striker is reasonably pacey and awkward to get the ball off of, and we're therefore proving considerably difficult to play against.

18Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Fri Feb 03 2012, 11:00

selling cahill will be one of coyles best ever moves

19Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Fri Feb 03 2012, 11:08

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sir Nut's Dad wrote:selling cahill will be one of coyles best ever moves

That and dropping Robinson and Davies. Selling Davies would have been even better.

20Clean Sheets without Cahill Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Fri Feb 03 2012, 23:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well funnily enough I think Davies might still have a role to play. I don't see him as a ninety minute player but bring him on with fifteen minutes to go to rough up tired defenders with his fresh legs is actually a good idea.

I don't know if anyone noticed but against Arsenal he caught Mertesacker with a right pearler of an elbow in his ribs.

I think it's an insult to Kev to sell him for 1.5 mill. It looks as if we are just trying to get him off the wage bill. Keep him as an impact player. He can do a lot of damage in fifteen minutes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum