Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clean Sheets without Cahill

+6
jayjay23
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Bolton Nuts
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Clean Sheets without Cahill - Page 2 Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Wed Feb 22 2012, 12:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone watch Chelsea last night?

If you did you'll have seen Gary Cahill give a performance he gave time and time again for Bolton. Nicky Hunt has more positional sense. Useless. Best thing Coyle ever did getting shut.

22Clean Sheets without Cahill - Page 2 Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Wed Feb 22 2012, 12:25

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I was listening to it on the radio, Alan Green was spot on when he said at the start of the game that Cahill and the Campo look a like are a accident waiting to happen.

I lost count how many times I heard ''cahill gets turned by his man''.....very much like how we conceded the goal at Ewood a couple of months back.

23Clean Sheets without Cahill - Page 2 Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Wed Feb 22 2012, 12:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched the game and he made a couple of mistakes but the whole back four were all over the place, can hardly blame him alone, but I'm sure many will.

24Clean Sheets without Cahill - Page 2 Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Wed Feb 22 2012, 12:48

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I was pretty surprised he started last night, couldn't have been easy having your champions league debut against a good italian side with a centre back like Luiz next to you, who goes walk abouts more times than Zat Knight.

25Clean Sheets without Cahill - Page 2 Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Wed Feb 22 2012, 13:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I watched the game and he made a couple of mistakes but the whole back four were all over the place, can hardly blame him alone, but I'm sure many will.

Is there no end to your defence of these overpaid ponces?

When I played for Penwortham Girls the team was generally crap, but I didn't play crap just because the rest were crap - I played with balls and kept my head up at all times.

26Clean Sheets without Cahill - Page 2 Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Wed Feb 22 2012, 13:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Give me a break, read my posts, i call out these pampered fools as much as anyone.

but just attacking Cahill for last night is nonsense he's a small cog in a big broken wheel.

27Clean Sheets without Cahill - Page 2 Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Wed Feb 22 2012, 13:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All of the Chelsea back four were slated in the press.

28Clean Sheets without Cahill - Page 2 Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Wed Feb 22 2012, 14:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Give me a break, read my posts, i call out these pampered fools as much as anyone.

but just attacking Cahill for last night is nonsense he's a small cog in a big broken wheel.

For the upteenth time, a good player will rise above the shite.

Gudni played in a poor back four but always had a good game.

29Clean Sheets without Cahill - Page 2 Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Wed Feb 22 2012, 14:55

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The thing is with Cahill I honestly don't think he is good enough for a top 4 team to begin with, which is why he will get found out in competitions like the champions league and will get torn a new one in the euros if he plays against teams like germany.

So playing in a back 4 that was all over the place last night wouldn't help his cause.

I think his level is above bolton in a team like Sunderland or Villa.

30Clean Sheets without Cahill - Page 2 Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Wed Feb 22 2012, 14:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote: I played with balls and kept my head up at all times.

You're just doing this deliberately now.

31Clean Sheets without Cahill - Page 2 Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Wed Feb 22 2012, 15:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:The thing is with Cahill I honestly don't think he is good enough for a top 4 team to begin with, which is why he will get found out in competitions like the champions league and will get torn a new one in the euros if he plays against teams like germany.

So playing in a back 4 that was all over the place last night wouldn't help his cause.

I think his level is above bolton in a team like Sunderland or Villa.

He's no worse than Lescott, Samba, Jagielka, Dawson and people like that all Top 4 or touted as such.

You do less work in a top 4 side, it's all about being switched on for 90 minutes and being able to pass.

At Bolton he would be under the cosh for large parts of the game, this is a new game for him.

32Clean Sheets without Cahill - Page 2 Empty Re: Clean Sheets without Cahill Wed Feb 22 2012, 15:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At 25 I can't see Cahill ironing out his bad habits. He is a skilful player, but he hasn't got the positional sense for CB and wanders off at every opportunity leaving his co-defenders exposed. I think Knight isn't great but he was made to look very bad when partnering Cahill. Conversely Knight looked great when alongside Sam Ricketts. Cahill's a loose cannon IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum