Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Friendlies

+11
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
okocha
Keegan
Sluffy
wanderlust
Norpig
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Friendlies  - Page 5 Empty Re: Friendlies Sat Aug 29 2020, 22:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goals (from a distance!).

82Friendlies  - Page 5 Empty Re: Friendlies Sat Aug 29 2020, 23:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

First goal was either a hit and hope that somehow managed to get through defender and keeper - or pure genius. I'm thinking a.
The two after that are worrying.
Second was indecisiveness around the goal.
Third was not tracking back.

Looks like there's still a lot of work to do. Hopefully it's not an issue with Evatt's system at this level as Crewe represented what it takes to get promoted from our division. It'll be reet though - we allegedly played some good stuff at times.

83Friendlies  - Page 5 Empty Re: Friendlies Sun Aug 30 2020, 02:02

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:One thing is for sure - with Evatt's system there are going to be a lot of goals. Just not sure at which end.
Agree with this based on the abysmal defending I’ve just seen in the Crewe highlights.

I’m not expecting promotion this season. The relegated teams and those who made the playoffs last year will be much more organised than our hastily assembled unfamiliar squad.

84Friendlies  - Page 5 Empty Re: Friendlies Sun Aug 30 2020, 11:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Agree with this based on the abysmal defending I’ve just seen in the Crewe highlights.

I’m not expecting promotion this season. The relegated teams and those who made the playoffs last year will be much more organised than our hastily assembled unfamiliar squad.
Evatt has bought athletic players who in theory can play a bit, so if they've got the talent they should be able to get organised - so I think organisation is potentially a short term problem. The question for me is just how good can they be when they get up to speed? Especially those coming from a lower level.

85Friendlies  - Page 5 Empty Re: Friendlies Sun Aug 30 2020, 11:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The only optimism I can offer at this point Wander, is that everyone came up at one time or another. We've had successful youngsters and lower leaguers before, all we need is time.

86Friendlies  - Page 5 Empty Re: Friendlies Sun Aug 30 2020, 14:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:The only optimism I can offer at this point Wander, is that everyone came up at one time or another. We've had successful youngsters and lower leaguers before, all we need is time.
I'm neither optimistic nor pessimistic Glos - I just don't know what the potential is and whether they'll reach it. ..dunno..

87Friendlies  - Page 5 Empty Re: Friendlies Sun Aug 30 2020, 14:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:The only optimism I can offer at this point Wander, is that everyone came up at one time or another. We've had successful youngsters and lower leaguers before, all we need is time.
I'm neither optimistic nor pessimistic Glos - I just don't know what the potential is and whether they'll reach it. ..dunno..

88Friendlies  - Page 5 Empty Re: Friendlies Sun Aug 30 2020, 22:48

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I was optimistic, but now reality is setting in.

It's all to play for,  so lets hope for the best.

89Friendlies  - Page 5 Empty Re: Friendlies Sun Aug 30 2020, 23:00

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well we’ve still got 3 or 4 to come in yet so a bit of experience could be on the cards. There must be hundreds of released players still looking for clubs and the nearer it gets to season time, the more desperate these players will be to find a club. Hopefully IE has his targets lined up and can get them over the line soon but the longer it takes the less time they have to fit into his systems and may take weeks to get fit. Looks like the season will start with what we have now for the time being.

90Friendlies  - Page 5 Empty Re: Friendlies Sun Aug 30 2020, 23:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I was optimistic, but now reality is setting in.

It's all to play for,  so lets hope for the best.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum