Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton fans will be excited by Ian Evatt football says new man

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tom White is confident Wanderers fans will be on the edge of their seats next season.

The Blackburn Rovers loanee is back working with Ian Evatt after the pair won promotion together last season with Barrow in the National League.

The midfielder is one of five new arrivals at the University of Bolton Stadium thus far and will be tasked with helping implement Evatt’s attacking style as the Whites look to be at the sharp end of League Two this season.

“The Bolton fans should be very excited about the manager they’ve got in charge now,” White told The Bolton News.

“He tried to sign me at Barrow this time last year after my season at Gateshead.

“I chose to go down a different route at the time (to Blackburn) and he’s always stayed in contact.

“That’s the type of man he is, never mind manager. He’s a good guy, who looks after his players.

“I loved playing for him last year and I think he’ll bring an exciting brand of football and if everyone’s working hard and pulling in the same direction I’m sure we’ll have a successful season.”

The 23-year-old credits Evatt as being a good all-round coach, both in terms of getting the best out of his players and harnessing a real team spirit.

Bolton fans will be excited by Ian Evatt football says new man 10393909

“There’s his attention to detail, he’s very demanding,” said White, who scored twice in 18 appearances for Barrow as they upset the odds last season. “But he has the good balance of being very demanding and always having his door open for you.

“His camaraderie with the lads is very good. There’s that respect there that you have to have for a manager and he gets it because he treats everyone fairly.

“His training sessions are very intense which I think shows up on a Saturday. When other teams were maybe struggling in the 60th, 70th minute we got stronger last season.

“He’s young, he’s not long been retired and he’s played in all divisions which helps.

“He’s got a wide variety of experiences to call on. I loved playing for him last year and I can’t wait to get going with him again this season.”

Evatt’s success at Barrow came by playing three at the back, White one of the men in front helping build attacks.

“There was always a deep-lying midfielder but we all interchanged and picked up different positions,” he said.

“Sometimes arriving in the box late, sometimes just screening the back four, or back five at the time.

“It’s a very fluid formation, he puts a lot of responsibility on the players to make their mind up and stuff like that.

“It’s a very enjoyable formation to play football in with the freedom he gives you on the ball.

“There’s plenty of intensity and work rate involved too.

“He’s got a very distinct way of playing and I’m sure it’s one the Bolton fans will enjoy.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum