Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's your favourite soup?

+9
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Hip Priest
Sluffy
boltonbonce
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Tue Aug 04 2020, 17:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Might well have done!

Small world and all that!

Mere Hall Road was my stop.

Very Happy
I had my own transport.
What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Scan0013

62What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Tue Aug 04 2020, 17:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Isn’t Mere Hall the wedding venue and where you can register births or am I thinking of somewhere else?

63What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Tue Aug 04 2020, 17:27

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I remember Mere Hall park too.

It's really a coincidence you should mention jumping off the bus while in motion.

I used to get off just after Bennetts Lane on Church Road.

I often saw this guy jump off as it came up the hill to the bus stop.

I tried it one day and of course fell forward and crashed my knees down before saving myself, I still remember that really well.

I didn't attempt that trick again.

64What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Tue Aug 04 2020, 17:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Isn’t Mere Hall the wedding venue and where you can register births or am I thinking of somewhere else?

Yes same one.

My nephew had his wedding reception there some years back.

The park is actually called Thompson Park but everyone knew it as Mere Hall Park.

Another little quirk is the Mere Hall is two words but Merehall Street is just one.

Still catches me out that does.

65What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Tue Aug 04 2020, 17:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:I remember Mere Hall park too.

It's really a coincidence you should mention jumping off the bus while in motion.

I used to get off just after Bennetts Lane on Church Road.

I often saw this guy jump off as it came up the hill to the bus stop.

I tried it one day and of course fell forward and crashed my knees down before saving myself, I still remember that really well.

I didn't attempt that trick again.

I did after my dad told me what to do!

I got a bit reckless once again by jumping off when the bus was going too fast and couldn't run fast enough to save myself from pitching forward after it but once I knew the trick and judge the speed I could do it with the best of them!

66What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Tue Aug 04 2020, 20:04

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Cajun, I also went to the County Grammar in Gt Moor St, and as there is only a year or so between us, we may well have met as well. I was only there a year or so as my parents moved to East London.

67What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Tue Aug 04 2020, 21:39

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Are you on this pic Sluffy  Very Happy 

What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Ee63f67ccfe6a8909f17f9420a28a84a

68What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Tue Aug 04 2020, 22:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Banks of the Croal wrote:Are you on this pic Sluffy  Very Happy 

What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Ee63f67ccfe6a8909f17f9420a28a84a

I was still in the shop.

The shopkeeper was telling me that some nutjob had been in earlier asking him if he sold peppercorn's and we were having such a good laugh about it that I missed having my picture taken!

Very Happy

69What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Wed Aug 05 2020, 14:43

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Lol

70What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Wed Aug 05 2020, 15:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Haha! Must have missed this last night.

Good one Sluffy! Very Happy

71What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Wed Aug 05 2020, 15:09

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:My mum always threatened to take us to Vernon St, if we'd been misbehaving. I think it was because there was a dogs home, (or something) there ?
YES, THERE WAS.

We had a crazy dog called Micky, he ended up there once before we got him back.

72What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Wed Aug 05 2020, 15:13

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:Cajun, I also went to the County Grammar in Gt Moor St, and as there is only a year or so between us, we may well have met as well. I was only there a year or so as my parents moved to East London.
Happy Times,  I loved the school being in the town, it lost all it's identity and character when it moved up to Breightmet, YUCK!

I guess you wouldn't have gone to the new school.

73What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Wed Aug 05 2020, 15:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There used to be a dog called Micky near us, but it had a surname, Chadwick. What kind of a dog has a bloody surname.

74What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Wed Aug 05 2020, 15:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:There used to be a dog called Micky near us, but it had a surname, Chadwick. What kind of a dog has a bloody surname.
Laughing

75What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Wed Aug 05 2020, 16:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:There used to be a dog called Micky near us, but it had a surname, Chadwick. What kind of a dog has a bloody surname.
Deputy?

76What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Wed Aug 05 2020, 17:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Deputy?
He could talk, which was even worse.

77What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Wed Aug 05 2020, 18:24

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Goats Head

78What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Wed Aug 05 2020, 18:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Goats Head
That's an album by the Stones.
What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 ROLLING-STONES---GOATS-HEAD-SOUP-2009-EU-CD-1

79What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Wed Aug 05 2020, 21:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
That's an album by the Stones.
What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 ROLLING-STONES---GOATS-HEAD-SOUP-2009-EU-CD-1
Whence came the wonderful sympathy for the devil and not much else.
Mr D? Angie? not me.

80What's your favourite soup? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your favourite soup? Wed Aug 05 2020, 23:05

100 years ago too, a great song. But ye not the best album really.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum