Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it worth lumping on at 10/1 for us to win the league?

+5
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
Michael Bolton
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I must be honest I don't think there are many good teams in this league this season. If Blackburn, Blackpool, Brighton and Cardiff are the front runners then it shows what a weak league it is.

I was looking at our line up today and subs bench, we have a really strong squad for this league. When you look at the players who didn't get on the pitch today - Ricketts, Lee, Petrov, Warnock and no Sordell and we have players like Holden and Wheater to come back into the team, we do have a very good squad for this league.

We haven't really got going yet this season but I think once we do we'll just walk this league.

10/1 looks really tempting to lump on, especially with the option of laying off at a lot lower price later in the season.

What do others think?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:

What do others think?

You're an idiot.

Blackpool, Brighton & Hull have looked ten times better than we have.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bet £20 on this at start of season @10/1 still hoping, and I agree we do have a squad which SHOULD walk this lead...Its just the players that need to step up and play to their potential

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I totally disagree, we have average players at best.

The defence is a shambles, the midfield bar Eagles clueless, and the less said about our shot-shy strikers the better.

I think some of you are drinking the same wine as Coyle.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To win the league LOL!

few positives today for a change but nothing that'll see us winning the league.

Work to do.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well if Blackburn, Brighton Etc....are the leaders .....and we are mid table .....then we must be really carp then .....using your logic.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

No.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I haven't seen anything from Brighton or Blackburn but obviously they must be playing well to be where they are.

All I will say is they will hit a patch of bad results and if we play like we did today for most parts of the season we will be up there no danger.

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

aaron_bwfc wrote:I haven't seen anything from Brighton or Blackburn but obviously they must be playing well to be where they are.

All I will say is they will hit a patch of bad results and if we play like we did today for most parts of the season we will be up there no danger.

I can't see that. We have had a "bad patch" for more or less 18 months now. We played "well" yesterday against a team whose last league win was on the 25th August against bottom three team Millwall. We have mid table written all over unless we can stop leaking goals.

I was feeling quite good about yesterday, then I watched Barnsley win 5-0 at Birmingham, and thought we must be shit to play well against them and still lose.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yeah, Reading last season got 12 points from their first 10 games, then went on to win the League. And like you say, with Wheater and Holden we should only get stronger.

Im not saying I think we will, but at those odds its worth a punt if your a gambling man.

And for people who say we wont finish top with Coyle, we also won't have Coyle if we lose a few games, who knows what might be different in a month or twos time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum