Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wines,spirits and beers.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wines,spirits and beers. Empty Wines,spirits and beers. Tue Sep 29 2020, 11:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure most of us like a drink, indeed, some more than most, so it'd be nice if we could give a few recommendations that we might find mutually agreeable. No Pepsi though.
I think if I could only take three types to my desert island they'd be:

Lager/beer.  Samuel Adams

Wine.  Crows Landing Malbec 

Spirit  Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey.

2Wines,spirits and beers. Empty Re: Wines,spirits and beers. Tue Sep 29 2020, 11:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A few Guinness of course. For health reasons.

3Wines,spirits and beers. Empty Re: Wines,spirits and beers. Tue Sep 29 2020, 12:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adnam's Ghost Ship Pale Ale - but only if it comes from my local where they know how to look after it. Can be shit elsewhere.
Wine? Depends. CSince Portugal I'm back on the reds and just discovered Black Stump Durif Shiraz which is "blackcurrant, licorice and dark chocolate" flavoured but I'll be changing again. You just can't pick one wine.
Go to spirit is Lagavulin 16 year, but I do like Courvoisier occasionally

And for "health reasons" Irwell Works Marshmallow Unicorn stout - so tasty it seems like someone's nicking your pint it goes down so fast.

4Wines,spirits and beers. Empty Re: Wines,spirits and beers. Tue Sep 29 2020, 12:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fursty Ferret is a favourite of mine. Since lockdown I've experimented with quite a few bottled beers, and I've been pleasantly surprised by a few of them.

5Wines,spirits and beers. Empty Re: Wines,spirits and beers. Tue Sep 29 2020, 13:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm a big fan of sour beers at the moment and one of the best is from Alphabet

https://alphabetbrewing.co.uk/collections/webshop/products/treasure-valley-6-1-sour-ipa

Most of their range is great but they don't make a lot of the different beers and change quite a lot.

The London Beer factory have a great sour as well, Sour Solstice

https://www.thelondonbeerfactory.com/product/sour-solstice/

6Wines,spirits and beers. Empty Re: Wines,spirits and beers. Tue Sep 29 2020, 13:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I use Beer Hawk online a lot as well and get mixed cases and individual beers as well.They do excellent cases for Belgian and German beers as well as IPA's and loads of other types of beer.

7Wines,spirits and beers. Empty Re: Wines,spirits and beers. Tue Sep 29 2020, 13:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I'm a big fan of sour beers at the moment and one of the best is from Alphabet

https://alphabetbrewing.co.uk/collections/webshop/products/treasure-valley-6-1-sour-ipa

Most of their range is great but they don't make a lot of the different beers and change quite a lot.

The London Beer factory have a great sour as well, Sour Solstice

https://www.thelondonbeerfactory.com/product/sour-solstice/
This is new to me, and I'll certainly be having a look.

8Wines,spirits and beers. Empty Re: Wines,spirits and beers. Tue Sep 29 2020, 14:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
This is new to me, and I'll certainly be having a look.
I love sour beers and these two are great. Beer Hawk does have some in stock but not as many as pre-covid, they seem to be sticking to the popular mixed cases.

9Wines,spirits and beers. Empty Re: Wines,spirits and beers. Tue Sep 29 2020, 14:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This selection of Douro reds is worth a look.
I'm told that they arrive beautifully packed and they are eminently quaffable at £2 to £4 a bottle delivered to your door. Haven't tried them yet but my source is reliable and I didn't have a bad one in the Douro. Thinking of getting a couple of mixed cases and then honing in on my faves.

Douro whites
Vinho Verdes

10Wines,spirits and beers. Empty Re: Wines,spirits and beers. Fri Oct 23 2020, 15:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well it's Friday and most of us are in lockdown so what are we all drinking tonight? I bought another mixed case of beers from the Alphabet Brewery in Ancoats to support local businesses.

Highly recommended and NHS workers get 25% off!

https://alphabetbrewing.co.uk/collections/webshop

11Wines,spirits and beers. Empty Re: Wines,spirits and beers. Fri Oct 23 2020, 15:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm on Fever Tree ginger beer this weekend.
Wines,spirits and beers. 51UUUlelBhL._AC_

12Wines,spirits and beers. Empty Re: Wines,spirits and beers. Fri Oct 23 2020, 15:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mixed with what Boncey?

13Wines,spirits and beers. Empty Re: Wines,spirits and beers. Fri Oct 23 2020, 15:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Mixed with what Boncey?
Nothing. Only soft drinks at the weekend for me. Keeps me on the straight and narrow.
I've got six bottles of this for Monday though. Old work mate sent it down from Scotland. Haven't tasted it, so Monday is the taste test.
Wines,spirits and beers. OEO-bottle-picture-2-600x732

14Wines,spirits and beers. Empty Re: Wines,spirits and beers. Fri Oct 23 2020, 15:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not a big lover of stout to be honest. I have a few in as they always send a few if you buy a mixed case from Beer Hawk so i keep them as my emergency beers or give them to my Brother in Law when he comes round.

15Wines,spirits and beers. Empty Re: Wines,spirits and beers. Fri Oct 23 2020, 17:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Not a big lover of stout to be honest. I have a few in as they always send a few if you buy a mixed case from Beer Hawk so i keep them as my emergency beers or give them to my Brother in Law when he comes round.
You obviously haven't tried the Marshmallow Unicorn then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum