Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now?

Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Mon Oct 26 2020, 11:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Logged on this morning and seeing ads on the front page?

Good job i've not been looking at anything dodgy as it's showing me trainers and not Thai or Russian brides  Very Happy

2Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Mon Oct 26 2020, 11:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm getting zip. Although before signing in I saw the words 'Sponsored content' underneath one of the threads.
It's Bob up to no good.

3Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Mon Oct 26 2020, 11:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Thought i'd blocked it but it's come back now. something about penis enlargement? No idea why it's showing me that?

4Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Mon Oct 26 2020, 11:44

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
More 50p required for the meter...

5Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Mon Oct 26 2020, 14:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
They have gone now, maybe something happened with my ad blocker?

6Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Mon Oct 26 2020, 14:29

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I am getting notices of `malicious attacks ` from this site, as from today. Everytime I log in. Something has changed on the site today as its never given me this message.

7Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Mon Oct 26 2020, 15:06

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@sunlight wrote:I am getting notices of `malicious attacks ` from this site, as from today. Everytime I log in. Something has changed on the site today as its never given me this message.
I think it might be BOB, he has a wind problem.

8Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Mon Oct 26 2020, 15:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy

9Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Mon Oct 26 2020, 16:59

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
So you are saying its a backdoor virus?

10Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Mon Oct 26 2020, 17:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You have to be very wary of people trying to get in your back door Sunlight

11Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Mon Oct 26 2020, 17:35

Natasha Whittam


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
My back doors have been firmly locked since Lancashire moved into Tier 3.

12Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Mon Oct 26 2020, 17:41

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Laughing

13Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Tue Oct 27 2020, 15:41

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It’s costs about £30 a year to remove the ads from the site. 

I think going forward these will be left on to keep the site running costs down, unless they are too annoying, then maybe we could all contribute a little to remove them...

I personally can live with see ads based on my search history Smile

14Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Tue Oct 27 2020, 15:50

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I get about 60 emails from bolton nuts every week for years which I have to clear out. Each one tells me that someone has posted a comment on one of the threads and which it is. I have set it for spam.
However I cannot get the site to stop emailing me every time someone posts something.

15Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Tue Oct 27 2020, 15:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@sunlight wrote:I get about 60 emails from bolton nuts every week for years which I have to clear out. Each one tells me that someone has posted a comment on one of the threads and which it is. I have set it for spam.
However I cannot get the site to stop emailing me every time someone posts something.
You can turn them off. Click on 'profile', then 'preferences'.

16Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Tue Oct 27 2020, 15:59

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
You can turn them off. Click on 'profile', then 'preferences'.
Aah ty Ive never looked in there.

17Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Tue Oct 27 2020, 16:14

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:
@sunlight wrote:I get about 60 emails from bolton nuts every week for years which I have to clear out. Each one tells me that someone has posted a comment on one of the threads and which it is. I have set it for spam.
However I cannot get the site to stop emailing me every time someone posts something.
You can turn them off. Click on 'profile', then 'preferences'.
Thanks Bonce Very Happy

18Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Tue Oct 27 2020, 16:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If they are sponsored ads I assume Nuts is getting paid? Although I can't imagine it would be much if it's on views and click throughs.

19Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Tue Oct 27 2020, 17:25

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
No Nuts earn no money.  Like I said it’s what is default with using the free version of the forum.  The forum provider earns money from the ads

20Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Tue Oct 27 2020, 18:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I can live with the ads but will need to go incognito when searching as i keep seeing ads for sex toys and gimp masks now  Twisted Evil

21Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? Empty Re: Why am i seeing ads on Nuts now? on Tue Oct 27 2020, 18:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:I can live with the ads but will need to go incognito when searching as i keep seeing ads for sex toys and gimp masks now  Twisted Evil
With my search history the mind boggles at what I'd be getting.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum