Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Mission Impossible

Mission Impossible

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Mission Impossible Empty Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 14:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
I received this pm from one of our members today which is self explanatory -

"Morning Sluffy,

I hope you’re well.

Why don’t you post the Nuts mission statement for all members to see and remind them why we all came here in the first place? I think it would be a good time to reset everyone and get the site back on track as it isn’t representative of a good team forum or the club right now.

Just a though and none of my business but I think it’s a shame. There are some good people on here who seem to rely on it as an important part of their day".

Well fwiw here goes.

We've never had a mission statement as such and the forum was born out of Burnden Aces, where I was asked to mod the site by the site owner whilst he finished his education, apparently BA was born from one of his educational projects he did at that time.

The reason I was even on BA in the first place was that I thrown off The Wanderers forum where after becoming a mod on there, told them if they wished me to do the job then I would do it fairly and equally to all which included a number of the 'clique' who up to that point acted as though the rules of the forum didn't apply to them.  

Anyway on joining BA there was hardly anyone posting up on it and more as an hobby and a bit of a challenge I set myself was to see how much I could grow the site.

Well if I say so myself I did pretty well and at one time was even matching and surpassing ww in terms of daily post count!

However as in everything, some people took things a little too far at times and did not take too kindly to me suggesting they should pack it in.  I acquired a bit of animosity from some for trying to keep the peace and that was added to one or two I had upset over on TW as well.

Everything seemed to be going along just fine but the site owner in his wisdom decided he would take over the forum himself one day and all but in name, sacked me on the spot.

His site, he could do what he wants but that opened the door for a number of posters who I had crossed swords with me, to abuse me and troll me without end from then on and I simply wasn't going to endure that.

I wrote to all the regular members of the site as to what had happened to me and why I would suddenly not be posting on the site anymore and thanked them for their help and kindness to me over the years I had been there.

I was quite staggered really when several of them suggested that we should build a new forum and carry on as normal and leave BA behind.

I linked two of those suggesting we start anew site together and the three of us founded Nuts.

Certainly the intent from two of us was for Nuts to be a place where we could come to find news about the club we all supported but also to have a bit of a laugh whilst we were here and to allow everybody who wanted to join us enjoy the place with us.

We had no expectations of ever being successful as a forum, indeed a Wanderers forum 'White Hot' I believe it was called had started up sometime after BA and was a breakaway of key posters and their mates from ww and that failed a folded, so we thought we had little to no chance of surviving but here we are some eight years on!

Things however have not gone smoothly behind the scenes and one of the founders actively tried to ditch myself and the other founder and replace us with a poster called Largehat.

He felt apparently that the site should have ambitions to become the largest BWFC forum and not be a happy and pleasant site that we had become and what we thought our aim was in the first place.

Anyway we rode out that storm but there was always friction there since and 'games' have been going on ever since.

A number of other attempts have been made to take control of the site and all have been resisted.  Other rival forums have even been set up but up failed.

Even after all of this, those behind the 'games' have been allowed to stay on the forum as frankly it is only the internet when all said and done and shouldn't be taken seriously.

God help you if you do.

One of the founders has disappeared along the way, I believe he's had health issues but even after trying extensively to see if he was ok, I (and others) have failed to contact him.

I've also invited BTID, Karly and Leeds Trotter to become Admin's and given them the same rights and authority as myself and have tried to run this site as a democracy rather than a dictatorship as I'm often accused of.

I've answered to them recently in respect of the xmiles account for instance.

So back to the original point, what is the forum's mission?

I believe and always have, that Nuts is simply a place to escape to for a few minutes from real life to catch up on Wanderers news and hopefully a bit of a laugh with other whilst you are here.

Not much to aspire to really but clearly all but impossible to achieve.

I've no problems with people having views I don't agree with but equally I wouldn't dream of banning them for holding them - so how am I able to give in to popularist pressure to ban Bob because many of you don't agree with him?

What exactly are the grounds on which to ban him - because he doesn't rate you and thinks of some/many/all of us as blockheads?

Is he trolling?  

I've asked him (given him a ban) to refrain from doing so and which he seems to have abided by.

Should I simply ban him then because people don't like him?

If that's what you want then I might as go as well because if I can tolerate people trying repeatedly throw me off my own site and laugh about it then shouldn't people be laughing at Bob's post rather than frothing at the mouth in anger at them?

What do people want from the forum, me to go is that it?

Just say so and I will, I certainly won't miss the shite I have to constantly deal with to make it as open and inclusive to all, to keep the fake accounts, the trolling and the abuse to a minimum, to stand against the crowd in order to behave fairly to everyone.

I doubt anyone else will step up and keep the site fair and honest but if that's what you want I'll step away and let you get on with it.

2Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 15:38

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Since you have specifically referred to me I will say it again: this is not a fake account. You have never provided any evidence that it is and quite honestly I have no idea why you think it is a fake account.

3Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 16:32

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
You're doing an unenviable job, Sluffy, but some queries remain unanswered by you:
 
1.What do you mean by a fake account? 
2.Why do you think xmiles' account is fake? 
3.Can mods read pms?
4.Overlooking Bob's views on topics which are of litle interest to most BW Nutters, why is his continually obnoxious and totally uncalled-for abuse tolerated? Other posters have been banned for far less.
5. Do you think it would make your life stressful if, as chairman/administrator/moderator, you remained largely neutral on controversial issues, rather than getting involved in intellectual battles which clearly irritate you and make you try to justify yourself?

4Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 17:31

T.R.O.Y.


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Nobody wants you to go. But the whole saga about people playing games needs to stop now Sluffy.

5Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 18:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
No one wants you to go Sluffy.

As for ten bob he is poisoning the site but if you say he stays then he stays, i'll just try my best to ignore him.

6Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 19:17

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Oh yes, I overlooked the one that TROY mentioned, but he's right.......the belief that members are "playing games" when they post their earnest views needs some explanation, Sluffy. What exactly do you mean?

Like the others above, I wouldn't want to see you leave. Take the pressure off yourself and contribute to the posts that won't result in a confrontation. It's still enjoyable to watch what others think, rather than have to do reams of research to make your counter-arguments.

7Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 21:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:Nobody wants you to go. But the whole saga about people playing games needs to stop now Sluffy.

Well then you best address that to those who are playing them as I simply try to put an end to them.

People can believe what they want but there have been and still are fake accounts on this forum (probably are on every forum even) and from time to time they have acted mischievously shall we say.

In many ways it adds to the forum in terms of turning it in to a soap opera at times with plotting, arguments, taking sides, having 'villains' and hero's, and gives the site a bit of spice, makes it a bit theatrical in a way but as always it goes too far and some has to pick up the pieces and glue them back together again the best they can.

It amuses me usually to do that but every now and again I can't mend things and that's why we've lost poor Glos.

Quite frankly people shouldn't believe anything they read on social media sites like ours but the fact is many do.

I wouldn't expect anybody to believe a word I post as do any of you know I'm telling the truth or just pulling your plonker, you only have my word for what I say and I'm just some unknown random bloke (or maybe I'm female perhaps?) on the internet.

But then why would you believe somebody else's word over mine?

Even if everybody thinks/believe I was wrong in what I've done/not done, or that I'm a troll, or have fake accounts or whatever it is they think or believe it doesn't necessarily make them right does it?

I don't want to harp on about how Anderson was thought my nearly everyone and their dog to raping and pillaging the club but it hasn't turned out to be the case so I'll use another example of how nearly all of us thought/believed we were going to do amazing things this season under Evatt and the top signings we made this season - people are taken in (me included in the case of Evatt) doesn't mean they are right though - even if everybody believes it to be - as beliefs are not hard cold facts at the end of the day are they?

So after saying all that there are fake accounts on Nuts, Bob is not one of them, I am not Bob and only have ever used one account on here, games have been played on here - for years in fact, I've always tried to be fair and honest to everyone, and I'm not here to be either popular nor to be trolled or abused, neither am I here to spoil anyone's fun.  I simply stop people from going too far, or at least try to.

Up to yourselves if you want to believe that, some of it, or non at all - that's entirely your choice it won't make me ecstatic if you do and I won't throw myself under a bus if you don't.  I can't prove anything of what I claim nor can anyone disprove it either.

In fact it really has no meaning at all other than what you choose to give to it because as I keep saying it is only the internet that we are on and not dealing with real life.

People do and say stuff on the internet that they simply would not dream of doing in real life - or to your face.

Going back to the original point of this thread, Nuts is here, or at least it was our original intention for it to be here, for a place to catch up with the latest news and gossip on the club and to hopefully have a bit of a laugh and joke whilst you were here.

Unfortunately we've seemed to have lost that along the way and instead we've replaced that with infighting on the forum and hatred from Brexit and Ken Anderson views in particular.

In short the place isn't fun for most of us anymore is it?

Or is it?

Everybody seemed to enjoy Johnny calling Bob and I cunt's, to abuse his wife and offer a near eight-year old to a punch up (yes Johnny we all knew what you meant even if you didn't use those words).

Is that's what you all want?

If so it really is time for me to go.

8Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 21:33

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
So on one hand everything people say online, no one would say to someone's face, and when I do offer to do just that, I'm offering to fight someone?

Make your mind up sluffy.  Fwiw, I didn't know bob was 80, If he is a real person, if he is then I thought he'd have a little more respect and life experience not to be behaving the way he is.

In short, don't make me out to be a cunt when everyone agrees that it is someone else.  You are just making yourself look daft

9Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 21:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy think back to before nine bob started acting as he does and this site wasn't as bad as it is now. For some reason you have a blind spot when it comes to him, probably because you share similar views on finance etc. 

To the rest of us nine bob is a patronising person who has openly stated he has no interest in what other posters post. If that's the case then why is he here? This is a forum which i thought meant sharing and offering different opinions and having discussions when you don't agree.

It hasn't been as fun on here mainly because of nine bob but you need to take some responsibility too. You banned the likes of Okocha and xmiles for literally no reason and have have had a running battle with Lusty which has driven people like Glos away.

10Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 21:37

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Norpig wrote:Sluffy think back to before nine bob started acting as he does and this site wasn't as bad as it is now. For some reason you have a blind spot when it comes to him, probably because you share similar views on finance etc. 

To the rest of us nine bob is a patronising person who has openly stated he has no interest in what other posters post. If that's the case then why is he here? This is a forum which i thought meant sharing and offering different opinions and having discussions when you don't agree.

It hasn't been as fun on here mainly because of nine bob but you need to take some responsibility too. You banned the likes of Okocha and xmiles for literally no reason and have have had a running battle with Lusty which has driven people like Glos away.
:clap:

11Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 21:38

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Only problem is now norpig, we have to wait an hour for the next essay completely ignoring the problem and singling out the people who question his authority!

12Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 21:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bob is a real person, most certainly. And he knew I liked WC Fields. He said he must be psychic.

An interesting cove.

13Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 22:07

T.R.O.Y.


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Look Sluffy, I don’t believe X is a fake account simple as that, and I see it as a game you’re playing to be honest.

My advice to you would be post as normal - or how you used to, and forget trying to run the site/accuse game playing and administering bans. It’s not needed especially as we have so few members. Let’s just get on with talking shit and see where that gets us instead of this constant looking at ourselves and wondering what went wrong. 

For everyone else let’s drop calling Sluffy, Bob or whoever else a cunt - and asking for others to be banned, it’s not necessary. If you don’t like a poster or don’t find their posts interesting then ignore them. Never understood why that’s so hard.

14Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 22:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@y2johnny wrote:So on one hand everything people say online, no one would say to someone's face, and when I do offer to do just that, I'm offering to fight someone?

Make your mind up sluffy.  Fwiw, I didn't know bob was 80, If he is a real person, if he is then I thought he'd have a little more respect and life experience not to be behaving the way he is.

In short, don't make me out to be a cunt when everyone agrees that it is someone else.  You are just making yourself look daft

You know what Johnny I don't give a fuck about you.

You're the one who came back on here with all guns blazing after not being about for months, you're the one calling people cunts, you're the one being abusive and obnoxious and looking for confrontation.

I couldn't give a toss what you think of me, I'm a cunt am I, ok, so what?

If you don't like it on here then stay away - it's that simple.

If you want to post on here then do so but you aren't above the few rules we do have.

What exactly do you or anyone else for that matter want me to ban Bob for?

Because he's not popular, is that it?

Or is it because he thinks we are blockheads?

Or because he has a view that people paid by the public purse shouldn't be on social media in what he believes to be works time?

Is it because you believe he's a cunt?

Well what reason is it then?

I'm not popular should I ban myself?

If I should ban him for calling us a blockhead then what punishment should I give when someone calls me a cunt?

When I worked in the public sector you could be disciplined for going on unauthorised sites not work related, seemed fair to me at the time.

If you think he's a cunt then you definitely proved you were one yesterday so what exactly should I be doing to mod this site fairly and equally to everyone?

Yes you certainly made a splash yesterday and made more than a few happy but a few have made it known to me that what you did yesterday doesn't sit comfortably with them.

Up to you if you want to hang about or strop off and set up Done Wandering Mk II but if you want to stay then pack in the vile abuse just because you don't agree with someone on the internet.

Ffs!

15Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 22:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:Look Sluffy, I don’t believe X is a fake account simple as that, and I see it as a game you’re playing to be honest.

My advice to you would be post as normal - or how you used to, and forget trying to run the site/accuse game playing and administering bans. It’s not needed especially as we have so few members. Let’s just get on with talking shit and see where that gets us instead of this constant looking at ourselves and wondering what went wrong. 

For everyone else let’s drop calling Sluffy, Bob or whoever else a cunt - and asking for others to be banned, it’s not necessary. If you don’t like a poster or don’t find their posts interesting then ignore them. Never understood why that’s so hard.

:agree:

16Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 22:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:Everybody seemed to enjoy Johnny calling Bob and I cunt's

For the record I was agreeing with the bit about Bob being a tugboat for talking shit about Norpig and his NHS job, and was not referencing you. I should have been clearer.

17Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 22:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

18Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 22:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:Look Sluffy, I don’t believe X is a fake account simple as that, and I see it as a game you’re playing to be honest.

My advice to you would be post as normal - or how you used to, and forget trying to run the site/accuse game playing and administering bans. It’s not needed especially as we have so few members. Let’s just get on with talking shit and see where that gets us instead of this constant looking at ourselves and wondering what went wrong. 

For everyone else let’s drop calling Sluffy, Bob or whoever else a cunt - and asking for others to be banned, it’s not necessary. If you don’t like a poster or don’t find their posts interesting then ignore them. Never understood why that’s so hard.

Thank you for your last paragraph, it's what I've been saying all along.

As for the first bit I'm not playing games, I know the account to be fake and said  why to the other Admin.

If you don't believe me that's up to you.

I never had trouble with that account for years and I've no objection to it posting but I refused to be constantly trolled by it, I shouldn't need to go to this trouble but this was simply never going to stop, despite everything I said was it? -

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk/t21044-time-for-me-to-go

And if you do think he's real then I still consider this to be trolling of me with no intent to ever stop doing so, no matter what -

@xmiles wrote:Multiple quotes again. It seems there is one rule for Sluffy and one for the rest of us.

@xmiles wrote:
Since you are so keen on people admitting their mistakes when are you going to admit that you have made a mistake? You have accused me of posting on here under two identities. This is simply not true. I have asked you what evidence you have to support this but you have never provided any. You haven't even told me what my other identity is supposed to be.


@xmiles wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:Oh do jog on.

I've held back as long as I could but you keep wanting to make this an issue.

This account is - and always has been - a fake and one used by another regular poster on here - as their 'serious' account so to speak.

It's never caused me or anyone else a problem until the last few months and that's why I've always turned a blind eye to it.

If you (in which ever guise you want to be) don't want to post on here any more then don't - it's that simple.

Now post or don't - the cat's out of the bag now - it's up to you.

I'm past caring and certainly won't be playing your games from now on.

I have not posted on this forum under another identity. This is not a fake account.

Why do you think it is? Where is the evidence? Who am I supposed to be?

The truth is that you have made a mistake but you won't admit it.

@xmiles wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:
I am talking about you and although I don't have any problems with you I wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you.

If you want to say xmiles isn't you and they also say the same - which of course they will [EDIT - I see they already have!]- then that's up to you.

People can believe you or me, it's up to them obviously but clearly one of us is right and one of us is playing games.

I've always played fair with everyone - even you. You on the other hand are a bloke posting as a woman telling some incredible (and very funny) tall tales when you have a mind to do so.

As I say the cat is out of the bag now, people have been told the score, up to them if they want to accept it or not.

So where is the proof?


@xmiles wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:
Where's your proof you are not?

Your (internet) word against my (internet) word - hardly important stuff really is it?

We both know what the score is and it's up to others to believe who they want - for whatever reasons they do.

You've made this in to an issue, not me.

You're a fake account alright but you certainly aren't alone in being one of those on the internet.

If people want to believe you are genuine, then that's up to them.

In other words you have no proof whatsoever but rather than admit you have made a mistake you just keep repeating a completely unfounded allegation.


@xmiles wrote:
Sluffy why did you think okocha was a fake account?

Why did you think TROY and I were the same person?

It seems you keep making the same mistake.


@xmiles wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:
Look, I'm past playing games with you on here.

You are both 'fake' accounts in that you post under more than one alias.

You're not the first on the internet and you certainly won't be the last.

We have both stood our corner and clearly can't both be right.

It's time to move on now and let others believe who they want to.


Does anyone actually believe you?

@xmiles wrote:
I joined just after Nat. Maybe that is why Sluffy thinks I am a fake account but he has never offered any proof to back up his absurd allegation.


@xmiles wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:
They ARE fake accounts but up to you if you want to accept that or not.

They weren't even an issue for several years until they decided to have a pop at me recently and - more to the point - not let it drop!  

I figure they thought I'd be more concerned about post count than confronting them - if so they were wrong about that

My account is not fake and I have never posted on here under another identity or account.

Presumably what you really mean by "have a pop at me" is dare to disagree with you or question your logic. If I am mistaken please show me what I did to justify the ban you imposed on me.

@Sluffy wrote:
Ok I'll spell it out.

You are fake accounts.

You are playing a deliberate game and quite clearly want to push on with it.

This site is for (or was) the enjoyment of everybody - not just a few to enjoy themselves even though it pisses off everyone else.

It either stops now or there will be consequences.

The consequences could be you get banned or I walk away or maybe even both but things will not return to how they have been - there's simply no point continuing like this anymore.

If that's what you want then press on and see where it gets us.

If not then just pack in all the game playing and lets move on.

Try me if you think I'm bluffing.

@Sluffy wrote:
@xmiles wrote:
You are the only person on this site who thinks this is a fake account. Why don't you post some evidence to back up your paranoid delusion?

I think we all know the answer to that. There isn't any evidence. You are just afraid to admit you are wrong.

People can think whatever they like.

You're a fake account and if you don't like me calling you out over it than go find some other place to play.

It really is that easy.


@xmiles wrote:
I haven't bothered posting on here for some time now as I got fed up being trolled by Sluffy. However I cannot let the hypocrite get away with the statement at post 59 that "as far as I'm concerned I'm honest and straight with everyone."

Sluffy suffers from the delusion that I have posted on this forum under another identity yet has never provided any proof or even identified this other alleged identity. How is that being "honest and straight"?

He also banned me for daring to point out the logical weakness in one of his arguments. If you can be bothered look at post 43 in the Keir Starmer thread, try and work out what crime I committed to justify Sluffy banning me.  Rolling Eyes

@xmiles wrote:
Cheers glos.

No surprise that "honest and straight" Sluffy hasn't replied. Maybe he is too busy pretending to be someone else. Smile


@xmiles wrote:
One rule for Sluffy and one rule for everyone else as usual.


@xmiles wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:
You're a fake account looking to troll and you expected a response from me, really???

If Glos or anyone else wants to think differently that's up to them.

If you've come back to just troll me then don't bother, other than that it's up to you if you want to stick around or not.

You have no evidence to back up your absurd allegation for the simple reason that it's not true. Either admit you are wrong or show everyone why you believe this nonsense.

Also perhaps you could explain to everyone why you banned me for daring to challenge your faulty logic in a completely non abusive manner.

Or are you just too scared to admit you are wrong? Not really the behaviour of somebody who boasts that they are "honest and straight" is it?

@xmiles wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:
I don't see myself as an hypocrite though, so it isn't funny to me.

You and everyone else on here are free to judge me however you like, make whatever cracks you want, doesn't mean I agree with them though nor tacitly accept what is said without giving a lie to them.

If you or anyone else thinks I'm not fair then that's up to you/them because as far as I'm concerned I play it straight and will continue to do so.

If you are so honest and straight try providing evidence to back up your absurd allegation that this is a fake account or explain why you banned me.


Do you honestly believe he would ever have stopped of his own volition?

What would you have done?

He's had countless requests to pack it in, to move on, let people believe whatever they want to believe - that he's real and I've got it wrong - but no, it went on and on, passed the 'look pack it in now' stage, passed the if you don't stop then I'll make it stop and even when he came back from a week off continued exactly the same!

I'm not here to be trolled any more than you are and I did the only thing I could do to bring it to an end other than to tell a lie and say I was wrong or pack in and leave the site myself and I wasn't going to do either of them.

Christ it's even taken the opportunity to go on about it again on this thread - there's cheek for you!

End of the day nobody's bothered if it's a fake account or not. it's only the internet when all said and done, so why is it keep banging on and on about it?

You believe it is a real account I know it not to be - what difference does it really make?

The answer is none.

Remember it's not me that refuses to let the matter drop!

19Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 22:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Norpig wrote:Sluffy think back to before nine bob started acting as he does and this site wasn't as bad as it is now. For some reason you have a blind spot when it comes to him, probably because you share similar views on finance etc. 

To the rest of us nine bob is a patronising person who has openly stated he has no interest in what other posters post. If that's the case then why is he here? This is a forum which i thought meant sharing and offering different opinions and having discussions when you don't agree.

It hasn't been as fun on here mainly because of nine bob but you need to take some responsibility too. You banned the likes of Okocha and xmiles for literally no reason and have have had a running battle with Lusty which has driven people like Glos away.

Ok, simple question, what reason do you want me to ban Bob for?

For being patronising?  For not being interested in your replies?  For calling people blockheads?  For having a different opinion to you?  

What exactly is the grounds you want me to ban him for?

Because Wanderlust knows everything and is never wrong, so I'd have to ban him if patronising is not allowed, Natasha has no interest in anybody's replies so he she would have to be banned too in that case, for calling people blockheads then Johnny would have to go for calling people cunt's then, for having a different opinion, well everybody will disagree with somebody sooner or later, do I ban everyone then?

So what part of my responsibility is it I'm not doing as a mod when it comes to Bob because as far as I'm concerned I'm treating him equally to everybody else?

Where is it you think I'm going wrong exactly?

20Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 22:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Would you like the Trust address so you can report me Sluffy?

21Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 22:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Norpig wrote:Would you like the Trust address so you can report me Sluffy?

No, thank you.

Have you forgotten what I posted in your defence at the time when Bob said what he did?

Quite clearly you have.

22Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 23:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

Ok, simple question, what reason do you want me to ban Bob for?

For being patronising?  For not being interested in your replies?  For calling people blockheads?  For having a different opinion to you?  

What exactly is the grounds you want me to ban him for?

Because Wanderlust knows everything and is never wrong, so I'd have to ban him if patronising is not allowed, Natasha has no interest in anybody's replies so he she would have to be banned too in that case, for calling people blockheads then Johnny would have to go for calling people cunt's then, for having a different opinion, well everybody will disagree with somebody sooner or later, do I ban everyone then?

So what part of my responsibility is it I'm not doing as a mod when it comes to Bob because as far as I'm concerned I'm treating him equally to everybody else?

Where is it you think I'm going wrong exactly?
As i've already said he has no interest in anyone else's views and has said as much. Why come on a forum if you have no interest in what others have to say? It kind of defeats the whole purpose of a forum doesn't it? Maybe he should start his own forum where he can spout on all day about his specialist subjects.

He has an agenda and very specific subjects he posts about that is of no interest to the majority of posters on here.

23Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 23:02

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Sluffy, please could you address the issues I raised in post 3 of this thread.

24Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 23:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

No, thank you.

Have you forgotten what I posted in your defence at the time when Bob said what he did?

Quite clearly you have.
You may have then, but your thinly veiled dig about your time in public service and people being disciplined for looking at non work related sites seems to suggest to me that you've changed your mind.

25Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 23:06

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Sluffy wrote:

You know what Johnny I don't give a fuck about you.

You're the one who came back on here with all guns blazing after not being about for months, you're the one calling people cunts, you're the one being abusive and obnoxious and looking for confrontation.

I couldn't give a toss what you think of me, I'm a cunt am I, ok, so what?

If you don't like it on here then stay away - it's that simple.

If you want to post on here then do so but you aren't above the few rules we do have.

What exactly do you or anyone else for that matter want me to ban Bob for?

Because he's not popular, is that it?

Or is it because he thinks we are blockheads?

Or because he has a view that people paid by the public purse shouldn't be on social media in what he believes to be works time?

Is it because you believe he's a cunt?

Well what reason is it then?

I'm not popular should I ban myself?

If I should ban him for calling us a blockhead then what punishment should I give when someone calls me a cunt?

When I worked in the public sector you could be disciplined for going on unauthorised sites not work related, seemed fair to me at the time.

If you think he's a cunt then you definitely proved you were one yesterday so what exactly should I be doing to mod this site fairly and equally to everyone?

Yes you certainly made a splash yesterday and made more than a few happy but a few have made it known to me that what you did yesterday doesn't sit comfortably with them.

Up to you if you want to hang about or strop off and set up Done Wandering Mk II but if you want to stay then pack in the vile abuse just because you don't agree with someone on the internet.

Ffs!
Funny how you didn't answer my question sluffy?  Pms and gdpr?

Well sluffy, you've let him chase off good people like glos, upset heroes like norpig, and all you've done is side with him because he shares a lot of the same philosophy.

Maybe I went overboard yesterday,  Maybe, but still, calling someone out who is working in the NHS for me definitely constitutes what I said.

Its only the internet sluffy. Its not real. Why you getting so wound up?  We are all fictitious accounts after all.

Maybe have a word with bonce, see what he says as to why I've not been on so much and find out why this irrelevant "80 year old" prick may have rubbed me up the wrong way.  Then go look in the mirror and ask yourself......"am I doing the right thing?"

Peace and love sluffy

Peace and love

26Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 23:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Norpig wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

Ok, simple question, what reason do you want me to ban Bob for?

For being patronising?  For not being interested in your replies?  For calling people blockheads?  For having a different opinion to you?  

What exactly is the grounds you want me to ban him for?

Because Wanderlust knows everything and is never wrong, so I'd have to ban him if patronising is not allowed, Natasha has no interest in anybody's replies so he she would have to be banned too in that case, for calling people blockheads then Johnny would have to go for calling people cunt's then, for having a different opinion, well everybody will disagree with somebody sooner or later, do I ban everyone then?

So what part of my responsibility is it I'm not doing as a mod when it comes to Bob because as far as I'm concerned I'm treating him equally to everybody else?

Where is it you think I'm going wrong exactly?
As i've already said he has no interest in anyone else's views and has said as much. Why come on a forum if you have no interest in what others have to say? It kind of defeats the whole purpose of a forum doesn't it? Maybe he should start his own forum where he can spout on all day about his specialist subjects.

He has an agenda and very specific subjects he posts about that is of no interest to the majority of posters on here.

Then ignore him then!

Don't let him get under your skin.

It is as simple as that.

27Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 23:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

Then ignore him then!

Don't let him get under your skin.

It is as simple as that.

I will but how many posters are you willing to lose to keep him posting here?

28Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 23:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Post 18 is certainly classic Sluffy!

1. He mentions me in post 1 on this thread but apparently I am the one who won't let it drop.

2. Not for the first time he conveniently fails to tell the whole truth. Every single quote he has provided was posted after I was banned for daring to argue with him not troll him. The post that he banned me for is post 43 in the Keir Starmer thread. Can anyone honestly say this is trolling? The entire post is below:

You make the totally incorrect accusation that I "posted for a reaction first and foremost" when the reason I posted was simply to ask you to justify your sweeping statement that all politicians are the same.

You now seem to have admitted that they are not by saying "of course Labour and Conservative governments do different things". So it is not a false belief that one side is better than the other.

Asking you to justify what you say is not trolling.


3. As usual he fails to provide any evidence to support his delusion. Why? How can I disprove this nonsense when he won't even tell me why he  thinks this is a fake account. Why can't he even tell us who the "real" me is supposed to be?

4. And of course he hasn't answered any of the specific questions posed by okocha.

29Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Mon Nov 02 2020, 23:38

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Sluffy,

Which active moderators have the power to implement temporary or permanent bans on this site and what is the process (Eg. 3 warnings and you're out, do they need to seek your approval etc.)?

I'm not attempting to lure you into anything here, just thinking of suggesting a couple of things.

***

In fact, no offence to intended but I think everyone should give Sluffy a break. I think some new guardrails need to be put in place to take the target off his back. Starting with the moderatos stepping up and doing their jobs - if they're empowered to do so.



Last edited by finlaymcdanger on Tue Nov 03 2020, 00:07; edited 1 time in total

30Mission Impossible Empty Re: Mission Impossible Tue Nov 03 2020, 00:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@y2johnny wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

You know what Johnny I don't give a fuck about you.

You're the one who came back on here with all guns blazing after not being about for months, you're the one calling people cunts, you're the one being abusive and obnoxious and looking for confrontation.

I couldn't give a toss what you think of me, I'm a cunt am I, ok, so what?

If you don't like it on here then stay away - it's that simple.

If you want to post on here then do so but you aren't above the few rules we do have.

What exactly do you or anyone else for that matter want me to ban Bob for?

Because he's not popular, is that it?

Or is it because he thinks we are blockheads?

Or because he has a view that people paid by the public purse shouldn't be on social media in what he believes to be works time?

Is it because you believe he's a cunt?

Well what reason is it then?

I'm not popular should I ban myself?

If I should ban him for calling us a blockhead then what punishment should I give when someone calls me a cunt?

When I worked in the public sector you could be disciplined for going on unauthorised sites not work related, seemed fair to me at the time.

If you think he's a cunt then you definitely proved you were one yesterday so what exactly should I be doing to mod this site fairly and equally to everyone?

Yes you certainly made a splash yesterday and made more than a few happy but a few have made it known to me that what you did yesterday doesn't sit comfortably with them.

Up to you if you want to hang about or strop off and set up Done Wandering Mk II but if you want to stay then pack in the vile abuse just because you don't agree with someone on the internet.

Ffs!
Funny how you didn't answer my question sluffy?  Pms and gdpr?

Well sluffy, you've let him chase off good people like glos, upset heroes like norpig, and all you've done is side with him because he shares a lot of the same philosophy.

Maybe I went overboard yesterday,  Maybe, but still, calling someone out who is working in the NHS for me definitely constitutes what I said.

Its only the internet sluffy. Its not real. Why you getting so wound up?  We are all fictitious accounts after all.

Maybe have a word with bonce, see what he says as to why I've not been on so much and find out why this irrelevant "80 year old" prick may have rubbed me up the wrong way.  Then go look in the mirror and ask yourself......"am I doing the right thing?"

Peace and love sluffy

Peace and love

The questions been answered countless times on here and by ALL the three main Administrators - I can't be arsed wasting my breath again knowing I won't be believed.  Feel free to contact the GDPR and get them to check it out, you probably won't believe them either.

I don't take this stuff seriously I do it mainly for amusement, it makes me laugh at how some people behave on here - we are only a shitty little footy forum when all said and done, nobody visits here other than ourselves and people think they can somehow tell the world where it has all going wrong and tell us all how it can be put right - yeah really!!!

Maybe I'm easily amused or perhaps I'm really sad and pathetic but one thing I'm not is taking this site as serious and in any way meaningful to my life - it isn't.

So Bob's got an opinion about someone working in the NHS, who cares, I mean really who actually cares about his opinion, it's not one I share but I'd never dream of calling him a cunt for it.  People say far worse than that and he's got a right to his opinion if you agree with it or not.

And I'm certainly not prying into your private life, if as it seems you have family issues then I'm sorry for you but you're not alone, my only brother is dependent on the NHS for his life, still doesn't give me any right to call Bob or anyone else a cunt for his views though does it?

Maybe you you should look in the mirror yourself sometimes eh?

The world's a shitty place and it's not inconceivable this Covid could finish me and my brother off before a vaccine is found and that's why I'm holed up playing about on here, hiding from it and dealing with 'screamers' like you to pass my day away.

Christ I'm trolled by fake accounts, people are after my blood because I won't ban an eighty year old who holds an opinion that paid public servants shouldn't be on social media sites during their working day and called a prick and a wanker by someone who set up a rival site aimed at closing this one down and I still let him re-join here and laughed about the past and it is me who is seen as public enemy number one!

I must either be the shittiest mod ever or have a particularly good sense of humour and not take Nuts too seriously then.

Maybe even both!!!

Shalom to you to bro.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum