Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton set to make big changes for Newcastle United clash

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers have a clean bill of health going into their final Papa John’s Trophy outing against Newcastle United’s Under-21s.

Ian Evatt admitted that there are still some aching muscles after a convincing victory against Salford City on Friday night, especially among those making returns from long-term injury.

The Bolton boss revealed the marathon efforts put in by wing-back Gethin Jones, playing his first game since October 3.

“Gethin covered 11.5km against Salford after being out for six weeks. I don’t think he’s been able to walk properly since,” he laughed.

“It’s just muscle soreness but it was amazing what he was able to achieve after such a long time out on the side-lines.

“Other than that, we’re all good. It’s just muscle stiffness and soreness from the ones who haven’t really played so much, like Doyle, Tutte and Jones. We’ll pick a team with that in mind.”

The likes of Billy Crellin, Brandon Comley, Liam Gordon, Jak Hickman, Artur Gnahoua, Shaun Miller, Lloyd Isgrove and Ronan Darcy are set to come into contention against Newcastle's youngsters.

There is little riding on the result, other than the desire not to be awarded the wooden spoon in the group. But Evatt maintains the game is not a worthless exercise if the players selected approach it with the right attitude.

“There’s no such thing as a friendly, not in my eyes anyway when you step on that grass and step over the white line, you want to win whoever the opposition is and whoever you’re playing against, you have to have that professional pride," he said.

“I expect us to go out and the ones that weren’t involved and didn’t start the game on Friday should go out there with the mentality that I’m going to show the manager and everybody else what I can do. If they do that, it puts them back in the frame for the fixtures that are coming thick and fast in the league.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum