Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newcastle United star Adam Armstong on Bolton frustrations

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adam Armstrong says he he feeling more like his old self at Blackburn Rovers after going on the defence at Wanderers.

The Newcastle United youngster spent the first half of the season at Bolton, scoring just three times in 23 appearances.

But he has since found better fortunes in League One with Lancashire rivals Blackburn, netting seven times in 12 games for Tony Mowbray’s promotion chasers.

Armstrong puts the improved form down to playing regularly in his preferred position as a striker - a factor in his decision to leave for Ewood Park.

“I felt like I had to be back playing up front, in and around the striker and making runs in behind,” he told Sky Sports. “I didn’t really get to do that at Bolton and I’m thriving off it now.

“There weren’t any major issues at Bolton and I still played quite a few games.

“But I was playing more on the left wing and it was more as a defensive winger than an attacking winger. I forgot what it was like to run in behind a defence because we were playing so deep at times.

“I just felt like I had to take a step back to go forward, which is what I’ve done. Now I’m enjoying my football again and scoring goals.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And playing at a lower level. Absolute drivel.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His goal scoring record with Rovers and England suggests he has a point.

His record outside of league 1 suggests he's found his level.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

T.R.O.Y wrote:His record outside of league 1 suggests he's found his level.

:clap:

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice brace today takes him to 9 goals in the last 9 games for top of the table Rovers. Definitely playing in the right position now IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum