Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton v Leeds United

+16
karlypants
Mr Magoo
JonnyRandom
gloswhite
Keegan
jayjay23
bwfc71
xmiles
doffcocker
terenceanne
Reebok Trotter
Numpty 28723
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Bolton v Leeds United - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Wed Oct 03 2012, 11:13

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We started the game at a higher tempo for once but there's always a price to pay if you don't make the most of your chances. Their first goal was so soft - typical Bolton non-defending and I thought Bogdan was too close to his near post to be able to do anything about it.

Those people who were looking forward to playing in the Championship so they could see more wins for a change must be feeling a bit uneasy by now.

82Bolton v Leeds United - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Wed Oct 03 2012, 11:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JonnyRandom wrote:One of the best hes seen at the reebok?? Shows how shite the other games really have been.

Leeds united will be wondering tonight how they got a point?? No they wont. They will be gutted they didnt get three.

Some of our play was outstanding?? No it really wasnt

We are not there yet but we will be?? Yeah when you leave owen...sorry but you really really need to go

Jonny, I have only missed the Crawley and Birmingham away games this season and I genuinely thought we had a really good thirty minute spell. We were passing the ball about and created a number of chances. If we can copy that form for the rest of the season then we can finish in the top six.

83Bolton v Leeds United - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Wed Oct 03 2012, 11:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:

Those people who were looking forward to playing in the Championship so they could see more wins for a change must be feeling a bit uneasy by now.

Unfortunately, I am one of those people! Embarassed

I didn't think it was going to be easy but I thought we would have had about 19 points on the board by now.

84Bolton v Leeds United - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Wed Oct 03 2012, 12:26

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I waqs one of the few realistic people about The Npower Championship and tried to advise that its not as easy as what people think. If anything, like I have said in the past there is more competition in The Npower Championship than in teh Barclay's Premier League and knew we wouldn't be ready to play half the teams in thsi league and thats with knowing the way we have played the 18 months before we went down. Coyle just seems to rest on his laurels that he took Burnley up and yet he thinks he can do the same with us without realising that The Npower Championship has changed since he was last in the division and ddoesn't seem to do his homework with regards to the teams Bolton are playing. Like I said on another thread a few days ago its about playing towards your opponents weaknesses rather than playing to your own strengths and, to be fair, we are doing neither!

Even after last night we are definitely far off from Gartside's average 2points a game and we seem to be sliiping from that target with every game.

85Bolton v Leeds United - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Wed Oct 03 2012, 12:46

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It was a decent game to be fair, we deserved the win IMO and I havent't seen the penatly again to decide whether itw as the right decision, seemed soft from where I was.

We passed it around very well last night, if only our centre backs could do the same and would be straight, sadly Mills is a nervous wreck with the ball at his feet.

My main worry is we haven't played a side that looks that good yet IMO and we have only won 3 games.

86Bolton v Leeds United - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Wed Oct 03 2012, 12:50

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

PS....

Gartside's average of 2pts/game - we are currently standing at 1.2(recurring)pts/game!!!

Nowhere near good enough!

87Bolton v Leeds United - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Wed Oct 03 2012, 13:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote: Coyle just seems to rest on his laurels that he took Burnley up and yet he thinks he can do the same with us without realising that The Npower Championship has changed since he was last in the division and ddoesn't seem to do his homework with regards to the teams Bolton are playing.

When Coyle got Burnley into the Premier League their home form was very good. Their problem was that they struggled to get points away from home. Coyle should have enough experience at Championship level to figure out what works and what doesn't.

88Bolton v Leeds United - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Wed Oct 03 2012, 14:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

“We want to be sitting in the pole positions – we’re not there yet, but we will be.”

Is 17th a pole position?

89Bolton v Leeds United - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Wed Oct 03 2012, 15:15

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:“We want to be sitting in the pole positions – we’re not there yet, but we will be.”

Is 17th a pole position?

I don't know, but this is a pole position.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

90Bolton v Leeds United - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Wed Oct 03 2012, 16:01

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm not in the least convinced by all of this stuff that because Coyle got Burnley out of the Championship into the Premiership- that somehow he's an expert in the Championship. He was there with Burnley for a very short time and when he was in the Premiership with them they were already heading for the trap door.

The clubs in the Championship change every season- 6 clubs leave it and another 6 join ( three up, three down) and the quality and nature of the clubs and how they play changes quite quickly. Because he's managed in the Championship before doesn't give him some sort of super intelligence or infallibilty about understanding what to do in the Championship. As far as I can see he's failed in the Premiership and now we're getting a repeat performance in the Championship.

He needs to be looked at on his merits as a manager and so far those merits are few and far between.

91Bolton v Leeds United - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Wed Oct 03 2012, 17:06

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Im not disagreeing with you RT about the thirty minute spells on top but the problem is we arent doing anything in them thirty minutes apart from lumping hopeful balls in and getting to the edge of their area then running out of ideas. I'll be convinced when i see us taking advantage in these thirty minutes. Ive only missed brum, crawley and sheffield and from what ive seen from all games isnt promising. The issue i have with davies though is yeah he got us 2 goals from set pieces but we shouldnt be relying on set pieces to score and other than set pieces we look poor when going for goal.

Eagles is the only player who looks to create something in and around the box to me.

92Bolton v Leeds United - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Wed Oct 03 2012, 18:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm depressed with last nights result. Getting a point was good, but we are still burdened with one of the most incompetent managers its been my misfortune to see. What do we have to do to get rid of him ? Its about time Gartside stepped up to the plate, and acknowledged his responsibility to the club and the fans. My own thoughts are that if we keep one, then the other should go, ideally though, they should both disappear. I cannot understand what Gartside is waiting for. He issued his points tally, and does nothing about it when its not attained, apparently. The pair of them are a wast of friggin' space.

93Bolton v Leeds United - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Thu Oct 04 2012, 22:02

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Highlights.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum