Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Personal Messages from xmiles

Personal Messages from xmiles

+10
Norpig
okocha
sunlight
gloswhite
Ten Bobsworth
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 12:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NURSE!

32Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 12:48

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I trust we can all expect a PM of thanks from xmiles Very Happy

33Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 12:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:I trust we can all expect a PM of thanks from xmiles Very Happy
If that's who he is. Cool

34Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 14:06

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
If that's who he is. Cool
Bonce, you stirrer! Smile

Welcome back to Glos, Norpig and xmiles (via pm function.)

Sanity, fair play and peace are restored. Yay! Well done, all!

Now for more pleasant, entertaining posts. I may even lay off criticism of Boris.. Very Happy

35Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 14:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ok, just logged on and found all this so it is only fair I give you all some of the background and hopefully this will be an end to it.

This site, for reasons I have no idea why, has a register of all people viewing the site live listing from when someone logs in until a hour after they log out.  If you log back into the forum within the hour you left, it will log you afresh.

Almost from the very beginning a fellow founder of the site told me that he had spotted something he had previously suspected (we had just broken away from a former forum to set up Nuts and all these accounts were known to us from that site), and told me to watch two accounts, one of them being the xmiles account, as to when they post, and look at the times they logged into the forum and logged out - sure enough there was unmistakeable evidence that as one of the accounts logged off, the other logged in to post - and visa versa!

In fact it was quite humorous to watch them log in and out all the times when the accounts were talking to each other on the forum.

By this time we, the site founders and mods, had 'voted' to have fake accounts in order to make the foundling site appear to look busier than it actually was, so it wasn't really an issue what was happening with the xmiles account - but 'we' all had stated which were our 'fake' accounts so as to know ourselves who we were talking too help us knowing what was being posted 'jokily' by the 'fake' accounts and what were 'genuine' accounts in order to know not to get caught up in the 'game' itself.  

I say 'we' because I've never had a fake account, all the others did at one point.

The xmiles account (and a few others) were never 'declared' though to the rest of us.

As the site began to grow there started to become 'clashes'/teases/wind up/games being played/call it what you will, with other genuine posters (that I always suspected there inevitably would be) that came to a head that resulted in arguments and all sorts of goings on behind the scenes that ended with a split between the founders and an end to the declared fake accounts we had.

Although the other founder and myself knew about the xmiles account (and others) we let it be as they were not being used for mischief.

Sadly and despite many attempts to contact the fellow founder who initially tipped me off about the xmiles account he doesn't seem to be around any more (I fear for his health) so you only have my word for all this.

If he did come back, and a few of you have actually met him in real life, he would confirm the truth of what I've said.

So is the xmiles account fake - yes, can I prove it, no I can't - and more to the point the person behind the account knows I can't either, hence his persistence on the point.

I banned the xmiles account for the simple reason of him constantly trolling me on this point and refusing point blank to move on from it.  This trolling was clearly never going to stop despite my many requests for him to do so.

The above is what I put before the other two Administrators a number of weeks back.

Clearly people can believe whatever they want and I have no problems with the account up to the time of this incessant trolling of me and have no problem with him returning if he was prepared to move on from it.

I had no doubt though that he would stir the pot with his pm's on his return and that's why the ban was lifted on the one condition of a temporary ban on being able to pm people until the matter had blown over.  He has however turned the temporary pm ban into an issue in itself.

As it happens we had already had a discussion behind the scenes to rescind the ban this weekend and clearly one of my colleagues has done this a day earlier than planned.

So there you have it, my side of the story.

Time to move on.

36Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 15:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggers used to post as Boggers.

37Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 15:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Boggers used to post as Boggers.
This is odd. He used to post as Boggers, but it won't allow me to post it. Just changes it to Boggers, as you see above.

38Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 15:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggers.

39Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 15:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It keeps doing it!!!

40Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 15:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OK, I'll try a trick, to fool it.

Killer..........................Gorilla

41Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 15:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

cheers

42Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 15:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You must be boggers as well then, the fake accounts are still in use  :ninja:

My fake account is Natasha Whittam by the way.

43Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 15:12

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:OK, I'll try a trick, to fool it.

Killer..........................Gorilla

Ahh yes I remember this and think I did the word replace too Very Happy

44Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 15:33

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

As ever, I haven't a clue what you're talking about. I must be the most naive and trusting soul on this forum

45Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 15:40

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thanks Sluffy, for the explanation, greatly appreciated. 
Strange happenings indeed, and I can understand, a bit, why you were so adamant. I shall let things lie now, and not ask whether the duplicity is still occurring  Very Happy

46Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 15:41

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Quick question:  since my return, I'm getting adverts displayed on the forum, is this right?

47Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 15:43

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:Ok, just logged on and found all this so it is only fair I give you all some of the background and hopefully this will be an end to it.

This site, for reasons I have no idea why, has a register of all people viewing the site live listing from when someone logs in until a hour after they log out.  If you log back into the forum within the hour you left, it will log you afresh.

Almost from the very beginning a fellow founder of the site told me that he had spotted something he had previously suspected (we had just broken away from a former forum to set up Nuts and all these accounts were known to us from that site), and told me to watch two accounts, one of them being the xmiles account, as to when they post, and look at the times they logged into the forum and logged out - sure enough there was unmistakeable evidence that as one of the accounts logged off, the other logged in to post - and visa versa!

In fact it was quite humorous to watch them log in and out all the times when the accounts were talking to each other on the forum.

By this time we, the site founders and mods, had 'voted' to have fake accounts in order to make the foundling site appear to look busier than it actually was, so it wasn't really an issue what was happening with the xmiles account - but 'we' all had stated which were our 'fake' accounts so as to know ourselves who we were talking too help us knowing what was being posted 'jokily' by the 'fake' accounts and what were 'genuine' accounts in order to know not to get caught up in the 'game' itself.  

I say 'we' because I've never had a fake account, all the others did at one point.

The xmiles account (and a few others) were never 'declared' though to the rest of us.

As the site began to grow there started to become 'clashes'/teases/wind up/games being played/call it what you will, with other genuine posters (that I always suspected there inevitably would be) that came to a head that resulted in arguments and all sorts of goings on behind the scenes that ended with a split between the founders and an end to the declared fake accounts we had.

Although the other founder and myself knew about the xmiles account (and others) we let it be as they were not being used for mischief.

Sadly and despite many attempts to contact the fellow founder who initially tipped me off about the xmiles account he doesn't seem to be around any more (I fear for his health) so you only have my word for all this.

If he did come back, and a few of you have actually met him in real life, he would confirm the truth of what I've said.

So is the xmiles account fake - yes, can I prove it, no I can't - and more to the point the person behind the account knows I can't either, hence his persistence on the point.

I banned the xmiles account for the simple reason of him constantly trolling me on this point and refusing point blank to move on from it.  This trolling was clearly never going to stop despite my many requests for him to do so.

The above is what I put before the other two Administrators a number of weeks back.

Clearly people can believe whatever they want and I have no problems with the account up to the time of this incessant trolling of me and have no problem with him returning if he was prepared to move on from it.

I had no doubt though that he would stir the pot with his pm's on his return and that's why the ban was lifted on the one condition of a temporary ban on being able to pm people until the matter had blown over.  He has however turned the temporary pm ban into an issue in itself.

As it happens we had already had a discussion behind the scenes to rescind the ban this weekend and clearly one of my colleagues has done this a day earlier than planned.

So there you have it, my side of the story.

Time to move on.

Presumably I have a right to reply so here goes:

1. This is not a fake account. I only have one account. How am I meant to prove it? We only have your word for the logging on and off nonsense and bizarrely you still won't identify who this other poster is supposed to be.

2. Your statement that "I banned the xmiles account for the simple reason of him constantly trolling me on this point and refusing point blank to move on from it" is a bare faced lie for two reasons. Firstly you only banned me after I posted the following at post 43 on the Keir Starmer thread on 26 June 2020:

You make the totally incorrect accusation that I "posted for a reaction first and foremost" when the reason I posted was simply to ask you to justify your sweeping statement that all politicians are the same.

You now seem to have admitted that they are not by saying "of course Labour and Conservative governments do different things". So it is not a false belief that one side is better than the other.

Asking you to justify what you say is not trolling.


Can anyone honestly say this is trolling?

Secondly at no point until months later (August 2020) did you allege that I had a fake account. So how could you possibly ban me in June for constantly trolling you about something that had never been mentioned at the time?

Just put on your big boy pants and admit you are wrong sluffy.

48Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 15:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's best to leave it and move on now xmiles.

49Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 15:53

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:I think it's best to leave it and move on now xmiles.

I understand that this is pretty boring for everyone else on the site and I would have left it alone if sluffy was not now posting outright lies in order to back up his delusion that this is a fake account.

50Personal Messages from xmiles - Page 3 Empty Re: Personal Messages from xmiles Fri 15 Jan - 15:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

I understand that this is pretty boring for everyone else on the site and I would have left it alone if sluffy was not now posting outright lies in order to back up his delusion that this is a fake account.
I understand mate, but keep poking the bear and you'll get another ban.

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum