Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time to go for Evatt?

+12
finlaymcdanger
gloswhite
wessy
karlypants
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
observer
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Norpig
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Time to go for Evatt? - Page 5 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Sun May 09 2021, 14:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I was always wary of whether he would get us far, but as long as he kept us in the league, I was happy. I'm ecstatic that he's settled down, got it all together, and taken the team to promotion, and with an obviously happy bunch of players. Well done IE.

82Time to go for Evatt? - Page 5 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Sun May 09 2021, 14:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TBH despite my positive comments, I also had doubts but felt it was way too early to judge when this topic came up. That's partially due to believing that chopping and changing managers is both expensive and counterproductive, but also because Evatt had a plan that couldn't be executed overnight so needed time before I could form an opinion.
I still think the potential flaw is trying to play in a way that requires high levels of individual technical skill which is difficult to get hold of in the lower leagues and if I think we made it hard for ourselves through sloppy passing and control at times - which better players would do far less frequently.
Things definitely improved when he got control of signings so that bodes well for strengthening for the next campaign at a higher level. And we'll need to further improve the squad - the teams coming down from the Championship look a real handful compared to what we've been up against this year.

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum