Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things That Cheer You Up ?

+9
Sluffy
Ten Bobsworth
Natasha Whittam
okocha
boltonbonce
karlypants
Norpig
xmiles
Banks of the Croal
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Mon Feb 01 2021, 13:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Seeing the grandsons, when we can, eating prawns and other favourite meals, watching SCI-fi programs and books, generally dossing about.

22  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Mon Feb 01 2021, 13:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've got a bit of a watch habit, and lockdown has cost me a few bob. 
Opening a new watch parcel always makes me happy, but it soon wears off. Just ordered a Seiko Alpinist, and I'm looking forward to it's dElivery tomorrow.
I'm after a King Seiko, which would really make me happy, but I've been told that it would be returned immediately, along with what remains of my testicles.
'WHY DON"T YOU LOOK AT YOUR PHONE FOR THE TIME!'
My brother agrees. He's got a £5 watch from china that does an excellent job. 
Am I a watch snob?

23  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Mon Feb 01 2021, 13:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I received my Royal Signal Centenary watch a month ago. Includes the Signals 'Jimmy' on the face, got it from Elliot Brown, with its special strap, a snip at a mere £480. Love it. If I knew how to stick picture and stuff on here, I would.

24  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Mon Feb 01 2021, 13:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Am I a watch snob?

How many watches does one man need? Do you wear several at once?

25  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Mon Feb 01 2021, 13:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this it Glos?
  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Canford_front_1372x

26  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Mon Feb 01 2021, 13:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

How many watches does one man need? Do you wear several at once?
I've only got two feet, but plenty of slippers.

27  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Mon Feb 01 2021, 13:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Similar to Pig/Nat. But it's beer in front of movies - not chocolate.

Most recently I've bought from Cloudwater/Deya/BBNO if you're interested Pig - particularly recommend Deya although Cloudwater is local to you I think, they both do an NHS discount at the moment.

Would also recommend running to anyone that can, i get a bit anxious if im cooped up not doing much and have always found that the best way to clear my head.

I'll have a look at those beers, thanks T.R.O.Y.  :drinks:

28  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Mon Feb 01 2021, 13:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Just think of all that sugar and carbs adding to your beer belly Norpig!  :nono:
Killjoy  Very Happy

29  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Mon Feb 01 2021, 13:51

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

No mate, mine is the Holton Professional, in gunmetal grey, and a metal bracelet of the same material and colour. With the strap it was £600, (I forgot)
On the one you have put up, you can read the morse next to each hour, which spells out the Signals motto, Certa Cito - Swift (&) Sure, I didn't want this on mine.

30  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Mon Feb 01 2021, 13:52

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A loving "cuddle".....

31  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Mon Feb 01 2021, 14:04

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Walks in the country definitely help and I enjoy listening to music and reading a good book (often non-fiction). Good food and wine are a weakness and I have put on a couple of pounds since Christmas.

32  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Sun Feb 07 2021, 09:56

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Jackie Weaver

33  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Sun Feb 07 2021, 16:01

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Curling up on the couch with Wendy and an old classic film. A few nights ago we watched 'A Matter of Life and Death' starring the late, great David Niven. It's still awesome no matter how many times we watch it. Smile

34  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Sun Feb 07 2021, 16:13

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Indeed a classic.

35  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Sun Feb 07 2021, 20:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:rofl:

36  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Sun Feb 07 2021, 20:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Manure fans watching citeh tonight. Not generally one to take pleasure in someone else’s misery, but in their case I’ll make an exception.

37  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Tue Feb 09 2021, 07:52

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Seeing Kay Burley down at the Community Kitchen. You just can't beat a bit of virtue signalling.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9238137/Sky-News-presenter-Kay-Burley-volunteers-food-hub.html

38  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Wed Feb 10 2021, 01:42

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm a bit of an obsessive nerd about certain things, I'll watch/read anything about certain things like WW2, JFK assassination, Hitler and Nazi Germany, the Mafia etc. Love watching all kinds of interesting documentaries.

Love listening to wonderful older music from the likes of Zappa/Dylan/Bowie/Lou & VU/Joni/Beatles/Stones/Miles/Fairports/CSNY/Dead/Airplane/Byrds/John Martyn etc

Love listening to wonderful more recent music from likes of Pistols/Clash/Fall/Cure/Smiths/Suede/PJ Harvey/Nick Cave/Elvis Costello/Pixies/Cocteaus/REM/Wilco/Auteurs etc.

Shit!!! I've just realised that some of the music I have just described as more recent is over 40 years old. OMG, just how old am I getting?????

As many others have said, Dad's Army is the gift that never stops giving. Others that I still find enormously entertaining are Likely Lads, Hi De Hi, HIGNFY, Enfield/Whitehouse stuff.

Also love watching and rewatching stand up from likes of Stewart Lee and Paul Chowdhury.

39  Things That Cheer You Up ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Wed Feb 10 2021, 08:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have you seen Laurel Canyon HP? If not it will be right up your street. Its on Sky on demand at the moment

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum