Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle FUMES at Refs/Compiles DVD - and now 'attacks' the 'boo boys' - LATEST

+17
Reebok Trotter
Numpty 28723
WhiteBic
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
Lofty_Love
xmiles
doffcocker
MartinBWFC
Angry Dad
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
Alf Hooker
jayjay23
JonnyRandom
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From the bolton news.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

UNDER-FIRE Wanderers boss Owen Coyle has vented his anger to the Football League by sending them a DVD of hard knocks.

For the third time in his three-year tenure, Coyle has compiled a list of decisions that he feels have wrongly been awarded against his side.

At the centre of the issue seems to be the four penalties conceded in the last four games, and the manager feels that those incidents – classed by him as “uncontrollables” – have played a major part in the club’s stuttering form.

“It won’t alter anything but I’ve sat with Simon (Marland) our secretary and been through it,” he said. “It is costing us because we could easily be sitting here with 18 or 19 points and near the top of this league. scratch

“We don’t want anything we haven’t earned. We don’t want a break, we just want it to be even. And it hasn’t been.

“It’s hard to take when lads are training hard, coming out and playing at a high standard scratch and uncontrollables are taking it out of our hands.

“But what I do believe, though, is with the quality we have got scratch , we are good enough to come through it, even when things do go against us.”

The statistics don’t make good reading for Coyle, with his side having won just three of their opening 10 games in league and cup.

That has left the Glaswegian fending off calls from a large number of fans for him to be replaced, although The Bolton News understands that he will be in charge when Wanderers travel to Millwall this weekend. scratch

Fans’ website Voice of Bolton ran a poll yesterday that provided an indicator of the current mood around the Reebok.

By mid-afternoon, just over 180 votes had been cast, with just under 75 per cent stating they did not want the manager to remain in charge.

Chairman Phil Gartside has already stated publicly this season that the club have put themselves under “100 per cent pressure” to gain promotion back to the Premier League this season, where they would be able to take advantage of a much-improved TV deal.

The 17th-placed Whites are currently lagging behind the target laid down of two points per game, having taken 11 from their opening nine games.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just one word to desribe this behavious, as it won't make him any friends within the Football League or the Referees Association.

That word is FOOLISH

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We do need a break to be honest. So e of the decisions recently have been ridiculous. Half the time on tuesady and saturday we were getting freekicks given against us and i could honestly not see what the hell was wrong. Most were hust 50/50 challenges and could have gone either way but they seemed to go against us.

Saying that i could just be being biased and not know it

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Oh dear me Mr Coyle. Sorry but that reeks of desperation. It's the Coyle delusion.
We could be sitting on 18 or 19 points? Really? Earned it. Playing at a high standard? Get a grip on reality man. Let me think back to those costly penalty decisions...

Leeds
We got 1 point. Ok, if you remove the Leeds penalty the we get 2 more points. But you could also argue that Diouf's shot at the end could have gone in which would have levelled things anyway - without a penalty. (so at best +2 points)

C Palace
So we lost 1-0 due to that penalty. It looked soft but still giveable. We were awful anyway and Palace could have scored loads in open play. But again. If we remove the penalty we still only would have drawn 0-0. (So at best +1 point)

Sheff Wed
We won. So even if we take away their penalty we would not have any more points. (So + 0 points)

Birmingham
Lost 2-1. If we were kind and took away the penalty it would have been 1-1. But then you could also take away Eagles goal for two reason. A - lucky to score from there. B - It wasn't a foul anyway that gave us the free kick. But let's pretend we just take their goal away. (At best +1 point)

So that gives us a GRAND TOTAL of four extra points. And that is only if we presume that every single penalty was wrongly awarded. Surely very ambitious thinking. Anyhow. Where does that leave us.

Current points score: 7

Points if no penalties awarded against: 7+4 = 11

Where does Coyle get 18 or 19 points from? Loon!

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

He's lost his 'nice bloke' tag now as far as I'm concerned and is in 'Incompetent Idiot' category now. Someone should tap him on the shoulder and remind him Alex Ferguson he aint. He's more likely to wind the buggers up more than get more decisions going for us. I think he would be well advised to focus more on his own shortcomings as a manager than to try and deflect attention elsewhere. No ref makes him him play Knight and the rest of HIS shite defence week in week out. He should have been sacked the second that ginger in goal let the ball squirm out of his hands at Stoke. Barry Siddall would have lead with Knee, Thigh and Chest and they would still be picking Walters out the Brittania roof struts.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Ooooh... Coyle has a DVD! That'll learn 'em.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Alf Hooker wrote:He's lost his 'nice bloke' tag now as far as I'm concerned and is in 'Incompetent Idiot' category now.

Agree with this 100%.

He is becoming very annoying, as far as I can remember he has never once accepted blame for any defeat which we have suffered since he has been here and rarely blames his own players, always shifts the blame to somebody else, mainly the referee.

The man is very desperate IMO.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Cant be long now then.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The Bolton News understands that he will be in charge when Wanderers travel to Millwall this weekend.

So how close is he to getting fired, if the BN are actually saying that???

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc71 wrote:
The Bolton News understands that he will be in charge when Wanderers travel to Millwall this weekend.

So how close is he to getting fired, if the BN are actually saying that???
Good point Chris.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Does the DVD include:

a ) Equalising goal vs Forest - Ricketts crosses into the box, Davies shoves defender in the back, defender goes flying to the ground, Davies heads the ball onto the post, Eagles hits the rebound, goal given?

b ) Opening goal vs Leeds - Corner taken by Eagles, Davies pushes his marker to the ground, heads the ball into the net, goal given?

I had a great view of the Palace penalty at the game, said it was a stonewaller immediately, and the BBC highlights didn't change my opinion, the one at Wednesday was a penalty all day long, haven't seen the Birmingham replay but it looked like a foul from where I was sat.

I agree with Alf Hooker - Coyle's just coming across as a really bad sport now...the next worse thing to Wenger. The Forest fans were disgusted with his attitude post-match, and they won't be the last.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Coyle is just pathetic and the longer we are stuck with him the worse it is going to get.

The number one reason we are shit is spelt Owen Coyle but he is incapable of admitting it.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

'It won’t alter anything'

So whats the point?What a waste of time, gives the players an excuse and makes him look pathetic.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Didn't Megson do something similar just before he was sacked?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I honestly think the decision has already been made, and no matter the result at Milwall Coyle will be sacked, the international break will provide us with a great opportunity to get the new man in, and the strong rumours are Billy Davies with Julian Darby, or Curbs with Ray Wilkins.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:I honestly think the decision has already been made, and no matter the result at Milwall Coyle will be sacked, the international break will provide us with a great opportunity to get the new man in, and the strong rumours are Billy Davies with Julian Darby, or Curbs with Ray Wilkins.

What a choice! Julian Darby or Ray Wilkins? One played for his country and top teams around Europe, the other was one of Bolton's all-time top 10 donkeys. So it's a no-brainer that Gartside will plump for Jules.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Didn't Megson do something similar just before he was sacked?

He did and it was in the October before he was sacked in december.

I just wish they wouldn't moan about referees during a season as it just shows that they cannot blame themselves for their own ineptness. As already been stated above by Doffcocker we have had decision go our way as well as against us - it is just swings and roundabouts.

If he did it at close of season when there could be definitive proof of bias aganst the club then sure enough I would probably be standing with him

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

By the time Coyle goes we will probably be grateful for just about anybody replacing him. Remember how happy we (including me) were when Megson left?

However I do remember being pissed off when Megson replaced Lee so maybe Gartside will screw up yet again. Rolling Eyes

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

If we can't nab La De Dah Gunnar Solskjaer, then Curbs backed up by Wilkins will do for me. So it obviously won't happen.

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Gartside should stick to what he knows best and this means stay well clear of making the next appointment

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum