Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

David Wheater

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1David Wheater Empty David Wheater Sat Mar 13 2021, 12:27

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I realise he's not young at 34 but he has a lot of experience and although I don't generally think players coming back for a second stint is a good idea I do believe Wheater still has a lot to offer at this level. I know he's left Oldham because of wages but assuming we could get him for an affordable number I think he'd be worth it. What do you guys think?

David Wheater: Oldham Athletic agree release with exiled defender
Last updated on

12 March 202112 March 2021.From the section [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]David Wheater was a regular in his first season and captained the club before being exiled this season
Defender David Wheater has left Oldham Athletic after coming to a mutual agreement with the League Two club.
The 34-year-old joined the Latics in August 2019 on a free transfer, and he scored four goals in 35 games in his first campaign at Boundary Park.
However, Wheater had been told in September he was no longer part of the club's plans following a dispute over pay, and has not featured this term.
His contract was due to expire at the end of the season.
Meanwhile, Dylan Bahamboula, Raphael Diarra and Kyle Jameson have all had their contracts extended by the club until the end of next season.
Bahamboula, 25, has scored five times in 34 appearances since joining in October, while Diarra has turned out 14 times and Jameson has registered 15 appearances.
Redcar-born former Middlesbrough and Bolton defender Wheater has 456 senior career games to his name, scoring 34 goals.
His departure comes after a period of uncertainty at the Latics, in which his representatives claimed he was being put under "undue pressure" to break his contract.
In November 2020, the club put out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
outlining their position, stating the players' recent health and injury record.
He had been training with the youth team, as his exile from the first-team continued.

2David Wheater Empty Re: David Wheater Sat Mar 13 2021, 14:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd rather play with 10 men.

3David Wheater Empty Re: David Wheater Sat Mar 13 2021, 14:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I loved him and he was a great player but not sure he would fit in with Evatt's style of play. I'm sure there will be a few league 2 clubs looking at him but can't see him coming back to us.

4David Wheater Empty Re: David Wheater Sat Mar 13 2021, 14:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn’t he move back to the NE when he had the barney with Oldham and refused to train? And wasn’t he the leader of the players strike when he was with us? Not what we need in the dressing room.

5David Wheater Empty Re: David Wheater Sat Mar 13 2021, 14:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm sure there won't Norpig.

Wheater's been simply after the money for the last few years and it's no surprise to me that he went to Oldham because they were daft enough to give him a two year contract (no one else would) and no surprise either that he 'went missing' so to speak in the last year of it!

I'd be surprised if any club would now touch him with a barge pole!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum