Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEAM NEWS: Bolton v Oxford United - John and Bakayoko update

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TEAM NEWS: Bolton v Oxford United - John and Bakayoko update  12918687

Wanderers will welcome Declan John back for Saturday’s home game against Oxford United – but Amadou Bakayoko will miss the game with a calf injury.

John missed Tuesday’s win at Lincoln City with a bruised hip but will rival Liam Gordon for a starting spot at the UniBol after returning to full training.

Bakayoko will have a scan on the problem which forced him off the field at the LNER Stadium and is hopeful he can be involved against Wigan Athletic in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday night.

Ian Evatt has also revealed some decisions will be made on player fitness over the next 24 hours after a few minor injuries were reported.

“Covid-wise, we’re clear, but injury-wise we’re still unsure,” he said. “We won’t know until tomorrow (Friday). People are carrying things but it is how quickly they settle.

“The ones who picked up niggles are all improving but it is whether they improve quickly enough.

“Declan John will be back, though, and available.”

On Bakayoko, the Wanderers boss added: “He is having a scan today. If you asked him, he think he will be available for Tuesday but myself and the medical staff are not so sure. We’ll see.”

Lloyd Isgrove could step in for Wanderers to make his first league start of the season.

The winger – who was a big part of the side which secured promotion from League Two last term – was impressive at Lincoln in midweek.

“I think Izzy understands but he had a disrupted pre-season, had Covid, and we have had lots like that,” Evatt said. “Some have been thrown in, some haven’t.

“It didn’t surprise me that Lloyd played so well on Tuesday night and I have said to you guys many times, in terms of defensive responsibility, he is the best.

“He showed his creativity is really good at Lincoln too. When players get opportunities, they need to take them and Lloyd definitely took his in midweek."

Wanderers will also be without Will Aimson (groin), Xavier Amaechi (foot) and Liam Edwards (knee).

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum