Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will Any Of The Candidates Drop Davies?

+9
terenceanne
Bernard Dennis Park
bwfc71
doffcocker
gloswhite
Michael Bolton
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Most people are in agreement that Kevin Davies has been overused during the Owen Coyle era. But what of his possible replacements? Which one of them will have Kevin Davies as the first name on the teamsheet and which will consider dropping him?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he'll be started at first, but hopefully the manager will see when he is tired and sub him, then as time goes on, he'll realise he'd be better used as a sub...

I think Mick McCarthy will stick with Davies, he likes a target man. Having said that, he picked Ebanks-Blake when the Wolves crowd didn't agree, so perhaps Sordell will have a chance.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I think he will still be in the starting 11 no matter who comes in, just for the fact he is the club captain. Unless someone comes in who has the balls to change it altogether and appoint a new captain and go with a fresh strike force.

Managers like MM will keep him as they like their target men, but a younger manager with new ideas might not so it all depends who we bring in.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There is only one manager who would have the grape fruits to drop him and that is do canio

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Agree that SKD is tired and needs a rest, however, I think you will see all the players performing just that bit better when a new managager arrives, SKD amongst them. To be honest, he may have slowed down, but he still has some skill, even though the tactics played by OC didn't utilise them fully, with SKD ploughing a lone furrow up front. As Bolton Till I die says, its up to the new manager to use himn sensibly, but I'm sure he will be used a fair bit to start with..

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He's bound to pick him for the first few matches or so. Everybody that doesn't watch Bolton weekly thinks he's our best player and the stats suggest virtually as much.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It is a bit weird that 3 neighbouring clubs are looking for the same style of manager for their vacant positions - think its now all about money and incentives...... Are Bolton going to fall foul of Burnley and Blackburn?

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes hopefully the new manager will have the balls to drop our second highest scorer. Fingers crossed.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You want things to change or you don't ...... SKD, Zat, Petrov for starters ....gotz to go... tinkering with fullbacks is not the answer.

Another clean sweep or drastic changes in tactics is required pronto. Or do most feel we will just start winning by magic under a new manager?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

.....erm......

b) ?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

If we just sent out a balanced team for a change we would have a much better chance than what we have had done under the last two years of Coyle.

A team that actually had some sort of defenceive cover in front of the back four for a change, and could stop the ball coming in from the wings and with an attack consisting of something other than lumping it up to Davies to head on to no one in particular.

A tighter midfield and defence will allow the full backs to push down the wings (so no need for two wingers - who don't defend anyway!) and allow the nidfield to link up with the attack.

If Davies plays then he needs to be paired with someone who can do something with the ball - Mavies, Eagles or Sordell perhaps - one of whom would play the deeper / second striker role.

The team would look something like -

Bogdan

Mears, Knight, Mills, Warnock

Lee, Spearing, Andrews, Pratley,

- - Eagles or Mavies

- - - - - - - Davies

It's frightening how short Coyle as left us in midfield once you take the wingers out of the equation.

Thanks Owen.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The runes do suggest Davies will start but only because of the feeling of inevitability surrounding the whole managerial change. Not knowing who it is makes it impossible to speculate what they might do or how quickly. I'd like to see some experimentation and have suggested in another thread e.g. Sordell and Eagles up front. I don't like not knowing who our manager is.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

The team would look something like -

Bogdan

Mears, Knight, Mills, Warnock

Lee, Spearing, Andrews, Pratley,

- - Eagles or Mavies

- - - - - - - Davies

Scary team. We're doomed.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd like to see:

Bogdan

Riley Knight Mills Warnock

Lee Spearing Mavies Wylde

Eagles Sordell

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

But who will Sammy Lee and Jimmy pick?

The new manager coming n is bound to be of the impression that Davies is our long serving talisman and all Bolton fans would be SEETHING if he was dropped. He will also see that Davies has scored 4 goals so far this season. And he has been Captain for donkeys years. He is bound to be swayed by all that plus the hype around how KD is our best player according to what the media numpties and other clubs think!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No one would be "seething" to see him dropped as long as we adapt to playing without him. Something we have never, ever been able to do.

So until that point, i think i'll stick with the guy scoring goals and creating chances.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum