Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oh Jimmy Jimmy

+2
Norpig
Hip Priest
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oh Jimmy Jimmy Empty Oh Jimmy Jimmy Thu Aug 26 2021, 02:13

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just how good was Anderson today, even at 39 years old. I know it's easier to say this when England have had as good a day as today, but I could never even consider giving up on Test Cricket. Come on Bonce, give it another go. Just ignore the white ball stuff, the 5 day game is still alive and well.

2Oh Jimmy Jimmy Empty Re: Oh Jimmy Jimmy Thu Aug 26 2021, 07:58

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was magic yesterday and the best part for me was that he got that arrogant wanker Kohli out, i can't stand that man!

Hameed is a Bolton lad so hope he goes on and gets a ton today,

3Oh Jimmy Jimmy Empty Re: Oh Jimmy Jimmy Thu Aug 26 2021, 10:39

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Jimmy is a glorious phenomenon that keeps on giving. India's attempts at Lord's to maim him and intimidate us rebounded on them very staisfyingly yesterday. Kohli is so unlikeable. Truly great players don't need to resort to those tactics.

Glad to see Hameed look as if he'd finally shaken off the mental scars that The Aussies originally inflicted upon him.

4Oh Jimmy Jimmy Empty Re: Oh Jimmy Jimmy Thu Aug 26 2021, 11:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:Just how good was Anderson today, even at 39 years old. I know it's easier to say this when England have had as good a day as today, but I could never even consider giving up on Test Cricket. Come on Bonce, give it another go. Just ignore the white ball stuff, the 5 day game is still alive and well.
Never really gave up on Test Match cricket, it's the only cricket I watch these days. Sadly, I'm seeing a lot of players who appear to have forgotten, or never really knew, how to build an innings. A five day test too often finishes after three.

5Oh Jimmy Jimmy Empty Re: Oh Jimmy Jimmy Thu Aug 26 2021, 12:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:Jimmy is a glorious phenomenon that keeps on giving. India's attempts at Lord's to maim him and intimidate us rebounded on them very staisfyingly yesterday. Kohli is so unlikeable. Truly great players don't need to resort to those tactics.

Glad to see Hameed look as if he'd finally shaken off the mental scars that The Aussies originally inflicted upon him.

He's never faced Australia???

He had one successful Tour in India, broke a finger and never played another Test until this current series.

India's attempts to target Anderson in the last Test worked superbly for them - Roots madness in trying to retaliate back against their bowlers cost us the match!

We resorted to the same tactics that India did - so no point trying to make out we somehow were more moral than they were.

Oh, and don't forget it's just a game remember!

Very Happy

6Oh Jimmy Jimmy Empty Re: Oh Jimmy Jimmy Sat Aug 28 2021, 01:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Today was frustrating and worse still I just had a feeling this morning that India would dig in and grind out a draw which they're still on course to do unless our bowlers wake up tomorrow and get amongst them.

7Oh Jimmy Jimmy Empty Re: Oh Jimmy Jimmy Sat Aug 28 2021, 11:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Need some early wickets this morning to turn the tide, need to get that prick Kohli out as well!

8Oh Jimmy Jimmy Empty Re: Oh Jimmy Jimmy Sat Aug 28 2021, 14:27

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig, your prayers are answered....and how!! Stunning!

9Oh Jimmy Jimmy Empty Re: Oh Jimmy Jimmy Sat Aug 28 2021, 14:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yep great bowling this morning and polished India off easily.

10Oh Jimmy Jimmy Empty Re: Oh Jimmy Jimmy Sat Aug 28 2021, 14:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Robinson bowled really well and with the likes of Woakes, Archer and Broad AWOL it's testament to the depth of quality bowlers we have.

11Oh Jimmy Jimmy Empty Re: Oh Jimmy Jimmy Sat Aug 28 2021, 15:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fwiw I'm not convinced about Haseeb Hameed - I think he gets bogged down and somehow gets lost in his game of defence - and I believe Robinson should be a regular in the team at least until Stokes makes a comeback.

I have doubts about Bairstow's mentality at the crease but saying that Lawrence isn't ready as a test player yet.

We still lack a quality spin bowler, certainly for when we play abroad.

I can't see many changes if any (the pitch being the same?) for the next Test.

(Also think Archer's been overhyped in his career so far).

12Oh Jimmy Jimmy Empty Re: Oh Jimmy Jimmy Sun Aug 29 2021, 01:33

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm not convinced about Haseeb either TBH. He looked good for the first part of his innings and then completely lost his way on the second day where he inexplicably decided his only purpose was to defend and stay in. Johnny Bairstowe would always be in my team though. He's done it before and he's a scrapper. Much sooner go in against the Aussies down under with the likes of him and Malan than Crawley and Sibley etc who I think would just fold under the pressure and get blown away.
I do agree that Archer has been overhyped but down under raw pace counts for a lot when the Kookaburra ball stops swinging after about the first 10 overs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum