Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Something to play for' - George Thomason on Central League

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Something to play for' - George Thomason on Central League 12982701

Wanderers midfielder George Thomason insists the club’s new reserve side will have a big impact on the squad over the coming season.

Thomason featured for Sam Hird’s side in their opener against Accrington Stanley yesterday afternoon, getting two assists in a 2-1 win.

Due to the Whites' strength in depth in midfield, the 20-year-old has struggled to nail down a place in Ian Evatt’s starting XI so far this term.

He says the opportunity to play competitive fixtures in the Central League will make a big difference in the coming weeks and months.

“I thought it was a good, competitive game,” said Thomason.

“It was good to integrate some of the younger lads from the Under-18s with some of the first team players who came down for some minutes, and get used to each other and show them our tempo and how we play.

“And I think on a pitch like this, on a really hot day, we did really well at times and showed some positive signs.

“It’s so much better playing in competitive matches week in, week out.

“You’ve got something to play for and it’s another chance to get minutes under your belt if you’re not getting them on a Saturday with the first team.”

Hird’s men are back in action on Tuesday, September 14 in the Central League Cup, taking on Accrington Stanley once again.

Source

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I for one am very glad to see us having an active and competitive reserve side again. Given our current finances and position in the league table we're not in a position to simply go out and buy fully developed players who are instantly first team ready but a good reserve side is the perfect place for us to grow our own. Players like Thomason can only benefit from the experience and that means we as a club will benefit without breaking the bank. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect the next Messi or Ronaldo to come out of this but if we got someone as good as say John McGinlay or Nathan Blake that would be a great result for us.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum