Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prince Andrew

+8
Norpig
Ten Bobsworth
wanderlust
karlypants
boltonbonce
okocha
Hip Priest
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Prince Andrew Empty Prince Andrew Mon Sep 13 2021, 22:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's embarrassing.

Now he's trying to avoid being served a summons!

In the latest stage of the sexual assault case against him, Prince Andrew is expected to argue he has not been served papers, and will challenge the jurisdiction of the case.

Virginia Giuffre has launched a civil case against the duke - and papers must be "served" before it can proceed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58550197

Prince Andrew _119872777_princeandrewwithvirginiaroberts

:facepalm:

2Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Tue Sep 14 2021, 00:50

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He'll just ignore any and all proceedings, Civil or Criminal, and get away with it. They say nobody is above the law but I think we'll eventually have to concede that Randy Andy won't be walking into any courtroom anywhere. This troublesome matter for Her Maj & co. will eventually just fade away.

3Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Tue Sep 14 2021, 10:14

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Does the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" not apply to royalty?

4Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Tue Sep 14 2021, 10:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Does the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" not apply to royalty?
My instinct would be to get over there and prove my innocence. It seems he'll have to be dragged screaming.

5Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Tue Sep 14 2021, 10:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
okocha wrote:Does the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" not apply to royalty?
My instinct would be to get over there and prove my innocence. It seems he'll have to be dragged screaming.

That's how I would feel. He is now looking at trying to get off on technicalities rather than try to prove his innocense, instucting solicitors who have dealt with similar allegations and now looking to re marry Fergie with talk about her not being able to testify against him (not sure if this is true).

6Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Tue Sep 14 2021, 11:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

That's how I would feel. He is now looking at trying to get off on technicalities
..and I think that starting off with that gambit really does set a tone for the proceedings to come. It looks bad - as does his earlier denial of even knowing her despite the photo.
That said, public opinion is already stacked against him and I for one certainly think he's a guilty as sin.

However, how she is going to prove that they actually had sex all these years later is going to be interesting - unless she produces a child with his DNA or a "home movie" - so the arrogant tw@t may yet get away with it.

But either way, his reputation is shot.

7Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Tue Sep 14 2021, 11:26

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Does anyone remember this posted on WW in 2009 re:famous Bolton supporters?

"Trumped the lot of you. The Duke of York, tis true.

Remember him saying on TV once that he followed Boltons results. Thought at the time that was cool and told every bugger at school, then promptly forgot all about it. Some years later I read the same thing and that reminded me of that interview.

HRH Boot Boy."

Prince Andrew 845082_f248

8Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Tue Sep 14 2021, 11:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:My instinct would be to get over there and prove my innocence. It seems he'll have to be dragged screaming.

Yes, I think it would be in everybody's instinct too, if there's nothing in the story.

But isn't there something about the FBI or something wanting a word with him - I've not been following this too closely?

And Isn't he tied in with Maxwell's daughter who is in prison over there?

Seem's he's keeping his distance from the 'Fed's' too as well!

No wonder he isn't to keen to pop across there to tell his side of the story and all about him being unable to sweat and all his positive actions (see to video clips above)!

Prince Andrew Swampmaster-no-sweat-logo

9Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Tue Sep 14 2021, 15:08

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Yes, I think it would be in everybody's instinct too, if there's nothing in the story.

But isn't there something about the FBI or something wanting a word with him - I've not been following this too closely?

And Isn't he tied in with Maxwell's daughter who is in prison over there?

Seem's he's keeping his distance from the 'Fed's' too as well!

No wonder he isn't to keen to pop across there to tell his side of the story and all about him being unable to sweat and all his positive actions (see to video clips above)!

Prince Andrew Swampmaster-no-sweat-logo
I doubt that it would be everybody's instinct (guilty or innocent) to put their faith in the US judicial system (or any other judicial system) if they could avoid it. Do you really think they always reach the right verdict?

10Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Tue Sep 14 2021, 18:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I doubt that it would be everybody's instinct (guilty or innocent) to put their faith in the US judicial system (or any other judicial system) if they could avoid it. Do you really think they always reach the right verdict?

Clearly not always (I recommend watching this true story - https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m000zhgf/a-killing-in-tiger-bay ).

But running and hiding from it won't make things go away.

I'm sure royalty have dealt with many scandals (real or alleged) over the years to know the right way to resolve them but clearly something more seems to be going on with this one?

I would have though the best legal brains money can buy would have dealt with this all behind the scenes - even offered money for things to go away - but the case is like watching a car crash as it lurches from one PR disaster to another.

I don't know how these things work but I would imagine a deal could have been struck where he could have spoken with the FBI in this country, or had immunity to speak over there and if he is innocent, then hopefully the issue could have been put to bed.

The apparent reluctance and the car crash interview he gave is painting himself guilty even if he is not.

Can't be helping much with the image of the monarchy either.

If I was him, knew myself to be innocent and had wealth and privilege, I'd be happy to speak to the FBI when requested (with certain guarantees say such as being interviewed in England) and resolve the matter as quickly as possible.

If I knew myself to be guilty though...

11Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Sat Sep 18 2021, 13:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Things not going well for Andrew.

Post, courier, e-mail - the saga to serve papers on Prince Andrew

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58604620

The interesting thing for me about this article is tucked away at the bottom - basically what it says is the last line of defence for Andrew not to go to court is to rely on an agreement the young woman made when she sued Epstein NOT TO SUE ANYONE ELSE in respect of her abuse.

Doesn't look good really, that you rather be thought to be a sexual abuser than willingly fight to clear your name in court - does it?

12Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Thu Dec 30 2021, 13:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

13Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Fri Dec 31 2021, 01:03

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Supposedly it's only 5 days away now but if Andrew actually appears in any courtroom anywhere, ever, to answer questions about his involvement in this sordid and seedy business I will be absolutely amazed. He obviously has no intention of answering any questions from anybody and that's all that counts really. When all's said and done he is Liz's lad so ways and means will be found.

14Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Wed Jan 12 2022, 15:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Prince Andrew to face civil sex assault case after US ruling

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59871514

Prince Andrew _121119920_seancoughlin_rc_tr-nc

This outcome means difficult days and big decisions ahead for Prince Andrew.

Trying to block the case using the deal between the dead paedophile Jeffrey Epstein and Virginia Giuffre was already heavy with reputational risks.

With that rejected, the case against him will push ahead and lawyers for Ms Giuffre and Prince Andrew will start testing each others' stories, requiring detailed personal evidence.

A civil trial in New York in the autumn is now on the horizon, where Ms Giuffre can put her allegations.

Prince Andrew, who has strongly rejected any wrongdoing, will have the chance to publicly clear his name.

But it's hard to imagine the royal family would want to see a bruising cross-examination in a New York courthouse.

That could mean an out-of-court settlement. But that's not the best look either, leaving the allegations unresolved.

Good options are in short supply for a prince under pressure.

15Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Wed Jan 12 2022, 15:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Time to get the popcorn out. Very Happy

16Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Wed Jan 12 2022, 16:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Time to get the popcorn out. Very Happy

Can't see it ever happening myself, I believe he will end up paying her millions to drop the case.

17Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Wed Jan 12 2022, 16:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Can't see it ever happening myself, I believe he will end up paying her millions to drop the case.
He may well do that. The reputational damage is already done but given his performance in interviews to date he is quite capable of damaging it even more by appearing in court - and I imagine his advisers would have done everything they can to keep him quiet.

18Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Wed Jan 12 2022, 16:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
karlypants wrote:Time to get the popcorn out. Very Happy

Maybe not but his reputation is tarnished either way and it will have embarrassed the royal family. 

Trying to get off on technicalities like he has tried to do so has made him look guilty as sin.

19Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Thu Jan 13 2022, 01:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Prince Andrew 271523236_213560050977422_8489439029892040843_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=N853fm4XTrAAX8GgP5h&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1

20Prince Andrew Empty Re: Prince Andrew Thu Jan 13 2022, 02:18

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Andrew will definitely go for the financial settlement if she gives him the chance. It represents a pretty good result from what was previously regarded as a no win situation. It gives him the opportunity to claim that he's completely innocent of all charges as he has always maintained, but that he paid up only because he didn't want to ruin his poor mum's year of celebrations. Before you know it he'll be parading around on horseback again in full military uniform, fake medals swinging in the wind, expecting everybody to feel sorry for him after his annus horriblis.  

Come on Virginia, don't let us down now. We all want you to have your day in court.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum