Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fury v Wilder 3

+2
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fury v Wilder 3 Empty Fury v Wilder 3 Wed Oct 06 2021, 19:00

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking forward to this fight, but with the fight at stupid o clock (about 4AM Sunday Morning) , I'll set my alarm.

I'm going for another Fury win

2Fury v Wilder 3 Empty Re: Fury v Wilder 3 Wed Oct 06 2021, 19:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's fights like this that make boxing a nonsense.

In two years the only boxers these two will have faced is each other. And no doubt after Saturday there will be talk of a 4th fight.

When a boxer becomes champion he should always have to fight the number one challenger, regardless of who that is. When someone loses they should have to fight others in the top 10 to work their way back up to number one challenger.

This is like Liverpool & Man City choosing to play each other every week because it makes the most money.

Boxing out.

3Fury v Wilder 3 Empty Re: Fury v Wilder 3 Wed Oct 06 2021, 21:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fury is certainly the best boxer in the world at this weight.

Boxing is a bit of a dodgy game though and not all of it is clean.

Based on their last meeting, and no real reason to believe anything since, Fury dominated him and should do again.

Whether that happens again we will have to wait and see.

Maybe Wilder will land a bomb but I can't see him out Boxing Fury.

The Gypsy King to win it for me.

4Fury v Wilder 3 Empty Re: Fury v Wilder 3 Thu Oct 07 2021, 01:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The whole saga has been a money spinner but this time there's an incentive to have a proper fight as there's no rematch clause. Fury is the clear favourite but if Wilder wants a future career - although at 35 I'd be seriously thinking about retirement - he's going to have to go for the knockout he's capable of instead of holding back for another guaranteed payday.

And sooner or later Fury is going to have to step off the gravy train and face Usyk, Whyte, Joshua, Bryan, Joyce, Hunter etc if he wants to be remembered as the best of the era.
Expect Fury to win this one unless Wilder lands the bomb.

5Fury v Wilder 3 Empty Re: Fury v Wilder 3 Sun Oct 10 2021, 06:03

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wilder is much tougher than I thought he was. A great victory for Fury.

6Fury v Wilder 3 Empty Re: Fury v Wilder 3 Sun Oct 10 2021, 13:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And so the dance starts again. You'd think Fury & Usyk would want to unify the belts, I've read they have 30 days to announce the fight. Absolutely no chance of that happening, with another borefest of Joshua v Usyk most likely.

The boxing authorities should make Fury & Usyk fight. For the good of boxing.

7Fury v Wilder 3 Empty Re: Fury v Wilder 3 Sun Oct 10 2021, 13:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:And so the dance starts again. You'd think Fury & Usyk would want to unify the belts, I've read they have 30 days to announce the fight. Absolutely no chance of that happening, with another borefest of Joshua v Usyk most likely.

The boxing authorities should make Fury & Usyk fight. For the good of boxing.
I've lost all interest. If Fury, Wilder and Usyk are the best of the modern crop, I despair.

8Fury v Wilder 3 Empty Re: Fury v Wilder 3 Sun Oct 10 2021, 14:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:I've lost all interest. If Fury, Wilder and Usyk are the best of the modern crop, I despair.

I think you are being unfair to Fury and Usyk, they are both very clever boxers.

Wilder is just a big puncher and hasn't anything more to him than that.

Usyk is really a natural cruiserweight but has moved up a division to where all the real money is - he certainly out boxed Joshua and showed up his deficiencies.

This analysis below of last nights fight I think is very good at explaining both Fury and Wilder's game plans for the bout and why Fury boxed the way he did and won and why Wilder was probably always going to lose if Tyson made no mistakes with his plan.

9Fury v Wilder 3 Empty Re: Fury v Wilder 3 Mon Oct 11 2021, 12:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fury was 38 lbs heavier than Wilder and it made a difference. Usyk is even smaller than Wilder - an inflated cruiser weight but with skills however if/when they ever meet the size difference may be too much to overcome

10Fury v Wilder 3 Empty Re: Fury v Wilder 3 Wed Oct 20 2021, 09:36

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I was bored watching the fight replay honestly. Maybe to do with the fact I already knew the result probably but Wilder bores me. Left jab, followed over by a big right. Literally nothing else in his locker. Nothing. Got to where he is because he hits hard. Soon as someone can take the hit, he's done. Respect what he's achieved but a terrible boxer in my opinion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum