Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phil Brown Sacked - Again!

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Phil Brown Sacked - Again! Empty Phil Brown Sacked - Again! Mon Oct 11 2021, 02:52

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Southend United sacked boss Phil Brown minutes after full-time in a game where fans ran onto the pitch and protested against chairman Ron Martin.

The pitch invasion came late in the 4-0 National League defeat by Chesterfield with a banner saying 'Martin out'. There were 14 minutes of stoppage time.

Just over 30 minutes after full-time, the club released a statement, which said: "Phil Brown and [assistant] Craig Fagan have been relieved of their duties effective immediately." Brown was reappointed in April, his second spell in charge, but could not keep them in the English Football League.

The club are only above the National League relegation zone on goal difference and in danger of a third consecutive relegation. Danny Rowe scored a hat-trick and Saidou Khan also netted in the big win for fourth-placed Chesterfield.

Southend supporters also ran onto the pitch on Tuesday to protest when they beat Eastleigh. In May the Shrimpers dropped out of the Football League for the first time in 101 years, with plans to sell Roots Hall to planning developers.

Southend spent five seasons in League One, narrowly missing out on the play-offs in 2017, but have been relegated twice in a row. Martin has been Southend's chairman since 2000.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Following his sacking from Southend yesterday, Phil Brown has now been sacked in:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] The Premier League
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] EFL Championship
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] EFL League One
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] EFL League Two
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Vanarama National League

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Phil Brown Sacked - Again! Empty Re: Phil Brown Sacked - Again! Mon Oct 11 2021, 08:24

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Keegan wrote:Southend United sacked boss Phil Brown minutes after full-time in a game where fans ran onto the pitch and protested against chairman Ron Martin.

The pitch invasion came late in the 4-0 National League defeat by Chesterfield with a banner saying 'Martin out'. There were 14 minutes of stoppage time.

Just over 30 minutes after full-time, the club released a statement, which said: "Phil Brown and [assistant] Craig Fagan have been relieved of their duties effective immediately." Brown was reappointed in April, his second spell in charge, but could not keep them in the English Football League.

The club are only above the National League relegation zone on goal difference and in danger of a third consecutive relegation. Danny Rowe scored a hat-trick and Saidou Khan also netted in the big win for fourth-placed Chesterfield.

Southend supporters also ran onto the pitch on Tuesday to protest when they beat Eastleigh. In May the Shrimpers dropped out of the Football League for the first time in 101 years, with plans to sell Roots Hall to planning developers.

Southend spent five seasons in League One, narrowly missing out on the play-offs in 2017, but have been relegated twice in a row. Martin has been Southend's chairman since 2000.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Following his sacking from Southend yesterday, Phil Brown has now been sacked in:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] The Premier League
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] EFL Championship
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] EFL League One
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] EFL League Two
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Vanarama National League
Could this be the opportunity Dr Holdsworth has been waiting for?

3Phil Brown Sacked - Again! Empty Re: Phil Brown Sacked - Again! Mon Oct 11 2021, 08:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was always going to be a tough job at Southend with the turmoil going on there. Time to top up the tan and relax now Browny!

4Phil Brown Sacked - Again! Empty Re: Phil Brown Sacked - Again! Thu Oct 14 2021, 19:38

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I feel sorry for both Southend's fans and Phil. He was on a hiding to nothing the moment he took that job and I was honestly surprised when he did. I've never been a fan of returning former managers or players since they almost never perform as well 2nd time around. At Southend the circumstances were so vastly different that I think Phil might have been better to swerve it entirely.

5Phil Brown Sacked - Again! Empty Re: Phil Brown Sacked - Again! Thu Oct 14 2021, 21:48

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I feel sorry for both Southend's fans and Phil. He was on a hiding to nothing the moment he took that job and I was honestly surprised when he did. I've never been a fan of returning former managers or players since they almost never perform as well 2nd time around. At Southend the circumstances were so vastly different that I think Phil might have been better to swerve it entirely.
I feel for Brownie too. He is one of several Bolton managers I have met and had conversations with.
Brownies an engaging character who, it seemed to me, always held a deep-seated and genuine fondness for BWFC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum