Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sammy Lee to be offered managers post....

+10
jayjay23
terenceanne
Numpty 28723
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
Michael Bolton
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

......if he and Jimmy Phillips impress.

Sky Sports understands that Sammy Lee is in firm contention to take charge at Bolton Wanderers.

Lee, who is in his third stint on the coaching staff at the Reebok Stadium, has been appointed caretaker along with Jimmy Phillips following Owen Coyle's departure last week.

Things did not work out for the former England midfielder then, but it is understood that, if he impresses as caretaker, he could be handed the chance to take charge again.

These last few days have been fantastic, but I've thoroughly enjoyed my time since I have been back here, if I'm being honest," he told the club's official website.

"When Jimmy and I were asked to do it, we didn't give it a second thought. I will do whatever I can for the football club.

"The boys have been spot on. They have been focused and I have been very pleased with their application. We know there is a lot of quality in that dressing room.''

"We have a game-plan which we want to impose on whoever we play, but in order to do so you have to have the basics right. We have been working hard on that and have stripped things back."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How stupid would the club look if they gave Lee the job and had to sack him before the season was out.

Not worth the risk in my opinion.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jesus.

Gartsides hand is on the chain, will he flush it?

thats the question.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I will be fucking spitting with rage if this happens! Evil or Very Mad

Hes already made a prick out of himself once, dont let him do it again.

This would be cheapskate, short-sightedness of the HIGHEST order by gartside!

I have no issue with him being on the coaching staff, but he is NOT manager material.

Im already sick to the back teeth of hearing him say 'I can take a lot of positives from the game' ...and hes not done a post match interview for us yet, I know hes going to say it though...

Imagine the backlash from the fans if this happens...it wont be fair on Sammy Lee, who i do see as a nice bloke, just not a manager!

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I will stop supporting Bolton if sammy lee is manager. He didn't last ten games last time, so why give him it now?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Michael Bolton wrote:I will stop supporting Bolton if sammy lee is manager. He didn't last ten games last time, so why give him it now?

Maybe becasue it wont cost us anything - that HAS to be the only reason...

Gartside out campaign MUST start if this happens!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jimmy will be the mouthpiece and head honcho. Sammy will be behind the scenes doing the coaching. Let's not forget that Rafa was happy to have Little Sam as his number two.

Dalglish sacked Little Sam but didn't last five minutes.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It wasn't just that results under Lee were atrocious. From his first match in charge, it was a case of week in week out thinking "What the fuck are you doing?"

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

"We have a game-plan which we want to impose on whoever we play, but in order to do so you have to have the basics right. We have been working hard on that and have stripped things back."

At least training has been changed, doesn't sound like Lee and Phillips were keen on the old training regime, first clean sheet of the season on saturday perhaps?

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I just can't believe this. I'd Eddie wants the club to be raking in premiership prize and tv money we need to get a manager who can take the club forward and someone with ability. I'd rather have the chuckle brothers than Phillips and lee. I want a manager in who will inspire the players and fans, these two clowns are not going to do that!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:I just can't believe this. I'd Eddie wants the club to be raking in premiership prize and tv money we need to get a manager who can take the club forward and someone with ability. I'd rather have the chuckle brothers than Phillips and lee. I want a manager in who will inspire the players and fans, these two clowns are not going to do that!

Jimmy Phillips might be the next Fergie.

aaron_bwfc wrote:"We have a game-plan which we want to impose on whoever we play, but in order to do so you have to have the basics right. We have been working hard on that and have stripped things back."

At least training has been changed, doesn't sound like Lee and Phillips were keen on the old training regime, first clean sheet of the season on saturday perhaps?

It would be the second clean sheet. Has joint managers ever worked at any club?

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:first clean sheet of the season on saturday perhaps?
This would be a step in the right direction for sure and hopefully the two in temporary charge will do a good job but that's all it shoud be, TEMPORARY. Sammy Lee as manager again, no, no, no!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't a "players posse" that included club captain Kevin Davies confront Gartisde about Sammy Lee's management?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I reserve judgement until I see the team selection etc ......

What would you blokes think if we hammer Bristol City and have a new look team ?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

terenceanne wrote:

What would you blokes think if we hammer Bristol City and have a new look team ?

I was thinking the same thing, if we got at least 7 points from the next 3 games (that's if they are still in charge) plus we were looking better than in recent months i'd give them a shot until christmas and re-assses it in January.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I asked that in another thread. What would you say to Sammy Lee taking over if he wins three on the bounce as caretaker? Would you change your mind?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

jayjay23 wrote:I asked that in another thread. What would you say to Sammy Lee taking over if he wins three on the bounce as caretaker? Would you change your mind?

possibly...

I doubt it, but possibly.

there will always be that element of fear though...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jayjay23 wrote:I asked that in another thread. What would you say to Sammy Lee taking over if he wins three on the bounce as caretaker? Would you change your mind?

It wouldn't matter - if he won three on the bounce he would definitely get the job.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
It wouldn't matter - if he won three on the bounce he would definitely get the job.

Didn't sunbed win 3 in a row and then not get the job? 3 wins and a draw or something?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum