Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sammy Lee to be offered managers post....

+10
jayjay23
terenceanne
Numpty 28723
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
Michael Bolton
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
jayjay23 wrote:I asked that in another thread. What would you say to Sammy Lee taking over if he wins three on the bounce as caretaker? Would you change your mind?

It wouldn't matter - if he won three on the bounce he would definitely get the job.

Don't sit on the fence. Would you or wouldn't you. You can't let us win three on the trot and then not commit to what you think the club should do! Would you pick him as manager if we DID win 3 in a row while he was caretaker? Would it make sense to YOU? I want an answer so that you can't turn round in 6 months and make a decision on it in hindsight!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

jayjay23 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
jayjay23 wrote:I asked that in another thread. What would you say to Sammy Lee taking over if he wins three on the bounce as caretaker? Would you change your mind?

It wouldn't matter - if he won three on the bounce he would definitely get the job.

Don't sit on the fence. Would you or wouldn't you. You can't let us win three on the trot and then not commit to what you think the club should do! Would you pick him as manager if we DID win 3 in a row while he was caretaker? Would it make sense to YOU? I want an answer so that you can't turn round in 6 months and make a decision on it in hindsight!

Are you implying that Nat simply trolls and then walks away from a discussion should she get blown out?

never... Laughing

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Lee would be a disaster. He was even more clueless than Coyle. What evidence is there that he can manage? None whatsoever.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The article said they would only be given a chance if the performances improved. They are changing things and I like the talk about "the basics" which is at least a new focus on the right area.

Whether this extends to new selections and/or new systems we'll have to wait and see, but if it ends up being SL it means that we would have been doing well - which is what we all want.

And if we don't turn it around the hunt for a new manager will continue and SL would have done his caretaker thing.

I'd be delighted if SL and JP made a go of it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
Didn't sunbed win 3 in a row and then not get the job? 3 wins and a draw or something?

He won 4 out of the 5 matches he was in charge, including thrashing Swindon or Reading (I forget which) on their own patch 4-0.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jayjay23 wrote:

If we won three on the trot by playing decent football I would give the job to Lee & Phillips. If it was three narrow victories with a different 11 every game I'd say no.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't give them the job under any circumstance.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Would my views on Sammy Lee change if we won three matches?

If, from his selections, tactics and substitutions, it was apparent that he'd miraculously developed any kind of tactical nous since five years ago when he was rightly sent packing, I'd begin to rethink my views whether we won three matches or not. But it's not going to happen. I've never been so sure of anything in my life.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We know that the club is intent on playing more attacking football on the cheap. Without the dosh it would be a miracle if we ever get promoted again. OC failed because he sacrificed defence for a not-quite-good-enough attack. Lee had a similar approach but has been working with the players. Lee and Phillips are talking about "the basics". If we can find the right balance, we might do OK. Maybe with 2 at the helm the balance can be found. For me, if they start producing better performances with the players we've got I'll be reasonably happy.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It has all been said before, when Sammy Lee was fired first time as manager. Sammy Lee will always be a great coach but he will never be a good manager, never mind a great manager.

If he was offered the post, again, I wouldn't blame him for taking as it would be the fault of Gartside and the board. I do believe now is the time for Eddie to take more control of the club and realise that Gartside, although he may have the best interests at heart, is just not right for taking the club forward in the capacity of Director.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum