Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham

+8
karlypants
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
wessy
Bolton Nuts
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Thu Nov 25 2021, 18:50

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Who is up for this one? 
Two wins in the bounce anybody? 

Bolton have the highest average possession in the league and come out 3rd highest on shots. I would also say that we create a lot of chances that don't register as a shot too (like those pull backs that get cleared or flash across the goal).

Afolayon has taken the most shots out of anybody in the league this season (75) and he is suspended for this match.

Its worth nothing that we have lost against nearly every team above us. Sheff Wed, Wycombe, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Wigan and Rotherham. Arguably we deserved to win or at least draw half of those matches.

The people who say that we don't do anything with our possession must be ignoring the fact that we create more chances and shots than most other teams. Our issue is not covering the chances, and also being punished at a bigger than average rate for making a mistake (and in fact, this is often because we are so far up the park that a mistake ends up being costly).

Keep going at it, cut out the mistakes by 50% and we're laughing.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Thu Nov 25 2021, 20:31

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Saturday is a major worry we literally have 12 players to choose from with several playing out of position. If Amechie is on the bench then we are totally reliant on Doyle and Kuchunga, Just 13 senior players is bad enough but the length of the injuries is the scary part. We have to survive anothe 7 games before the window? we are in serious trouble. But this bare 11 may be able to get a point or three and Afolyan and a fitter Amechie are the only positives.  Any .more injuries and we are back to playing kids

Dixon
Gordon, Santos, Aimson, John.
           Lee     Johnston

Kuchanga   Thomason Delfounso
             Doyle

Subs Amechie Gilkes

3Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Thu Nov 25 2021, 21:01

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've never known a run of injuries like this, and it has to be down to Evatt's training methods in the main, so many muscular injuries aren't a coincidence.

4Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Fri Nov 26 2021, 11:01

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Baptiste injured in a match
Sheehan Injured in a match 
Williams Injured in a Match
Isgrove Injured in a match
Jones Injured in a Match
Tutte Injured in a Match
Dapo Suspended

Leaves Brockbank & Backayoko Not sure how they got injured? 

So hows that Evatts training ?

5Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Fri Nov 26 2021, 12:24

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Biggie wrote:Who is up for this one? 

Bolton have the highest average possession in the league and come out 3rd highest on shots. I would also say that we create a lot of chances that don't register as a shot too (like those pull backs that get cleared or flash across the goal).

Afolayon has taken the most shots out of anybody in the league this season (75) and he is suspended for this match.

Its worth nothing that we have lost against nearly every team above us. Sheff Wed, Wycombe, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Wigan and Rotherham. Arguably we deserved to win or at least draw half of those matches.

The people who say that we don't do anything with our possession must be ignoring the fact that we create more chances and shots than most other teams. Our issue is not covering the chances, and also being punished at a bigger than average rate for making a mistake (and in fact, this is often because we are so far up the park that a mistake ends up being costly).

Biggie - the buildup is so slow that when the shot comes in it is blocked due to the other side having all 11 players in their own box.  Cross it faster, more thru balls etc - then we will be laughing. Also, we are all pushed up for the same reason - - they are backed up so we move up - then caught on the break. That's my opinion anyhow.

6Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Fri Nov 26 2021, 13:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The team practically picks itself tomorrow and this will be a tough game, i think it will be a draw so i'm going 1-1.

7Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Fri Nov 26 2021, 13:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're up against a decent team, I can only see a defeat. 0-2 to the away side.

8Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Fri Nov 26 2021, 16:03

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Would take a draw

9Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Fri Nov 26 2021, 16:34

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes, I would happily take a draw, but I always live in hope.

Thankfully we got those much needed 6 points from Crewe and Doncaster.

I feel survival is the name of the game this season.

10Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Fri Nov 26 2021, 16:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

11Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Fri Nov 26 2021, 18:26

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wessy wrote:Baptiste injured in a match
Sheehan Injured in a match 
Williams Injured in a Match
Isgrove Injured in a match
Jones Injured in a Match
Tutte Injured in a Match
Dapo Suspended

Leaves Brockbank & Backayoko Not sure how they got injured? 

So hows that Evatts training ?
I said muscular injuries, they can be brought on by bad prep, and poor core training, so yes I question Evatt's training methods

12Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Fri Nov 26 2021, 21:20

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I've got a muscular injury, is that Evatts fault?

13Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Fri Nov 26 2021, 21:24

Bolton Nuts

Admin

terenceanne wrote:
Biggie wrote:Who is up for this one? 

Biggie - the buildup is so slow that when the shot comes in it is blocked due to the other side having all 11 players in their own box.  Cross it faster, more thru balls etc - then we will be laughing. Also, we are all pushed up for the same reason - - they are backed up so we move up - then caught on the break. That's my opinion anyhow.
Yeah true points. Sometimes we are begging for it to be chucked into the box quicker but overall I can't ignore the many positives and the potential we have for the first time in years. Keep playing like arsenal, and over playing, is preferable to having no real ability and just lumping balls forwards.

14Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Fri Nov 26 2021, 21:57

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

MartinBWFC wrote:
I said muscular injuries, they can be brought on by bad prep, and poor core training, so yes I question Evatt's training methods

Martin, I’m assuming the training is just the same as last season and we didn’t have these problems then. We’ve just been unlucky, no more than that so please let’s not just make up issues that don’t exist.

15Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sat Nov 27 2021, 09:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

16Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sat Nov 27 2021, 13:03

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Martin could be right. Something may be funny in that is affecting recovery or causing muscle issues. We just don't know. But surely they will be looking into it. 

I can see a difficult game here with both teams trying to keep the ball and attack. Our squad is lacking depth and the subs bench is looking paper thin. Mystic Biggie is going for a 2-2 today (heart) but a 3-1 to them (head).

Last edited by Biggie on Sat Nov 27 2021, 19:17; edited 1 time in total

17Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sat Nov 27 2021, 13:44

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

MartinBWFC wrote:
They have experts in every area of training they are monitored to the enth degree, most of the injuries are due to impact injuries during game time, we are now in November they have worked continually in the gym on there core strength, once again how is that Evatts fault. Your making an assumption that cannot be backed up.

Its a bit like when things are going bad and the manager is "tactically inept" or has no "plan B"

18Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sat Nov 27 2021, 13:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't get to the match now as the bloody weather has meant all the trains are cancelled!

19Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sat Nov 27 2021, 14:28

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:Can't get to the match now as the bloody weather has meant all the trains are cancelled!

I’m not risking it either Norpig, crossing the Pennines today doesn’t look clever and it’s already deep here.

Have to just use Nuts radio again!! 🙁

20Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sat Nov 27 2021, 14:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum: