Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC Covid News

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BWFC Covid News Empty BWFC Covid News Thu Dec 23 2021, 00:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Extent of Bolton Wanderers Covid outbreak revealed

Bolton Wanderers have had a total of 18 positive Covid-19 cases within the playing squad and football staff including manager Ian Evatt.

Wanderers' last two games against Wycombe Wanderers and the Boxing Day clash versus Morecambe have both been called off in light of a outbreak of the virus in the Bolton camp.

A total of 18 people - 14 players and four football staff members - have tested positive for Covid-19, including Wanderers manager Ian Evatt.

Speaking from his home via a Zoom press conference, Evatt said that the club's Lostock training ground is now shut and is poised to reopen on Monday, December 27.

Evatt said: “We have 18 cases including staff and including myself. Obviously the Government guidance has changed today, so that helps in terms of having enough players available for Burton, however training time will be very limited.

"We’ve had to close Lostock. We’ve had to take that decision because it’s literally running through everybody like wildfire and we will return to train on the 27th of December.

“Some people have no symptoms at all. Some people have been quite poorly with it. Obviously that hasn’t necessarily depended on vaccination either. We’ve had people that are double vaccinated that have had some quite severe symptoms.

"We’ve had people that have had only one vaccine or none at all but haven’t had many symptoms at all.

"I’m double vaccinated and boosted. I’m okay. I still know I’ve got something but it’s obviously difficult and frustrating, but there’s nothing we can really do about it.”

Wanderers are poised to next be in action at Wednesday, December 29, at the Pirelli Stadium as things stand against Burton Albion.

Evatt has been asked about the prospect of that game going ahead as things stand and believes that, as per the rules, if Wanderers have enough players fit to play then the match will go ahead.

But the Bolton boss has expressed concerns over the potential of that fixture given that the bulk of those who have tested positive are poised to be out on December 27 would have very little time to be prepared for the League One encounter.

He said: “If we’re following Government guidelines and protocol, we’ll have the majority available or back out of quarantine for the 27th when Lostock will reopen and then we’ll have a couple more out the following day providing that they test negative on lateral flow.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2BWFC Covid News Empty Re: BWFC Covid News Thu Dec 23 2021, 15:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting that some players have one or no vaccinations.

I guess the assholes get paid anyway.

3BWFC Covid News Empty Re: BWFC Covid News Thu Dec 23 2021, 15:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Interesting that some players have one or no vaccinations.

I guess the assholes get paid anyway.
Footballers never were very bright were they?

4BWFC Covid News Empty Re: BWFC Covid News Wed Dec 29 2021, 21:19

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Something like 25% of pro footballers have every intention of not getting any jabs. As it stands, about 44% have not had their first jab.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum