Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spearing - it's more tactical

+6
Bernard Dennis Park
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Lofty_Love
aaron_bwfc
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spearing - it's more tactical Empty Spearing - it's more tactical Fri Oct 19 2012, 11:21

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Jay Spearing has been speaking about life under JP & SL and claims that they are more tactical than Coyle.

Jay also goes onto say that training is different everyday under the new team:-

''It’s been more tactical with Sammy and Jimmy,” said Spearing. “We’ve watched a few more videos of the way we have been leaking goals. The lads are all agreement we have done that and that's got to change massively before we strive anywhere else.”

“Sammy is right in with the lads and gets everyone going. He is brilliant at that. Every training session is different. All the lads are enjoying it and the experience he brings makes all the lads happier.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Spearing - it's more tactical Empty Re: Spearing - it's more tactical Fri Oct 19 2012, 11:24

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sounding good so far, guess we will see tomorrow

3Spearing - it's more tactical Empty Re: Spearing - it's more tactical Fri Oct 19 2012, 11:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The fact that they are focussing on not leaking goals and are adopting a more "tactical" approach is music to my ears. Ok we don't know what the tactics will be, but at least they are publicly recognising what the bleedin' obvious problems are from a fan's eye view.

4Spearing - it's more tactical Empty Re: Spearing - it's more tactical Fri Oct 19 2012, 11:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's hope we see some positives tomorrow.

5Spearing - it's more tactical Empty Re: Spearing - it's more tactical Fri Oct 19 2012, 11:30

Seen Jay Spearing interviewed a few times and he reminds me of this:

EVERYTHING IS BRILLIANT!

6Spearing - it's more tactical Empty Re: Spearing - it's more tactical Fri Oct 19 2012, 11:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a good lad and I hope we do well and get to keep him.

7Spearing - it's more tactical Empty Re: Spearing - it's more tactical Fri Oct 19 2012, 11:41

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

these two are starting to convince me that they are actually the ones for the job.

provided it brings results.

id say they are on trial for 4 or 5 games and see where we are then.

8Spearing - it's more tactical Empty Re: Spearing - it's more tactical Fri Oct 19 2012, 11:49

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sammy Lee has been a top coach for years now. He didn't succeed when given the managers job but I have little doubt that he's got more ideas than Sandy Stewart and Steve Davies when it comes to training.

9Spearing - it's more tactical Empty Re: Spearing - it's more tactical Fri Oct 19 2012, 13:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

About bloody time!

10Spearing - it's more tactical Empty Re: Spearing - it's more tactical Fri Oct 19 2012, 13:25

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Always said that Sammy Lee was a great coach but as a manager he was useless - hence JP being in charge (aka Director of Football).

Words are right and now lets just hope the actions are right.

11Spearing - it's more tactical Empty Re: Spearing - it's more tactical Fri Oct 19 2012, 14:06

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's not just a defensive problem, it's the way the team functions as a whole. I've heard a few people with the idea that should we bring in somebody that knows how to organise a team defensively, it'll all be uphill from there. Not necessarily. They're alarmingly limp going forward as well as being wide open from a defensive point of view.

12Spearing - it's more tactical Empty Re: Spearing - it's more tactical Sat Oct 20 2012, 12:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:It's not just a defensive problem, it's the way the team functions as a whole. I've heard a few people with the idea that should we bring in somebody that knows how to organise a team defensively, it'll all be uphill from there. Not necessarily. They're alarmingly limp going forward as well as being wide open from a defensive point of view.

It's true but defensive frailties affect the confidence to push forward as a team. A holistic solution is needed and that will be the key i.e. what is sacrificed along the way.

The comments on the changes in emphasis and tactics that have come out since OCs departure make me wonder what was going on. I genuinely thought that the basics would be covered and our problem was in the execution. These comments imply that the players didn't even know what they were supposed to be doing.

13Spearing - it's more tactical Empty Re: Spearing - it's more tactical Sat Oct 20 2012, 13:48

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The word "Tactics" was unknown to the Scotsman.

Let's see how all this plays today against a team who should not be on the pitch with us.

14Spearing - it's more tactical Empty Re: Spearing - it's more tactical Sat Oct 20 2012, 18:14

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If JS & SL can get us playing like that in 2 weeks I would love to see what they can do given more time, a vast improvement from what we have seen so far this season IMO.

Oh and Spearing is awesome! Very Happy

15Spearing - it's more tactical Empty Re: Spearing - it's more tactical Sun Oct 21 2012, 12:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:If JS & SL can get us playing like that in 2 weeks I would love to see what they can do given more time, a vast improvement from what we have seen so far this season IMO.

Oh and Spearing is awesome! Very Happy

This.

Wonder if Knight, Ngog and Sordell can buy into it? There's the best part of £12 million not used in the first game - or were the dreamteam holding them back for the Wolves game as they actually understand the principle of squad rotation when fixtures are congested? Tuesday's line up should reveal all.

16Spearing - it's more tactical Empty Re: Spearing - it's more tactical Sun Oct 21 2012, 13:19

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sounds like OC should be given some credit then ....for signing Spearing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum