Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is there going to be a war?

+12
karlypants
Sluffy
wanderlust
Whitesince63
Ten Bobsworth
Bolton Nuts
observer
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Norpig
okocha
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 23]

121Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Sat Mar 19 2022, 12:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Which bit of "I advise anyone who doesn't share similar concerns to mine about the legacy of Russian interference in British politics not to read it" did you two not get? Smile

122Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Sat Mar 19 2022, 15:22

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Which bit of "I advise anyone who doesn't share similar concerns to mine about the legacy of Russian interference in British politics not to read it" did you two not get? Smile

Oops 🥴🤐😉

123Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Sat Mar 19 2022, 19:50

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

124Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Sat Mar 19 2022, 21:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't expect to get so emotional watching that.

125Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Sat Mar 19 2022, 22:16

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
Didn't expect to get so emotional watching that.
 Good to recognise you as a fellow sensitive soul, Bonce

126Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Sun Mar 20 2022, 00:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
 Good to recognise you as a fellow sensitive soul, Bonce
Some things just catch you off guard.

127Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Sun Mar 20 2022, 10:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Struggling to comprehend how crass and despicable Johnson can be, but I think he's getting near rock bottom in comparing the suffering of the people in Ukraine to 37% of Brits voting to leave the EU.

Even as people are getting bombed in refuge shelters he is trying to make political capital out of it.
Scum.

128Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Sun Mar 20 2022, 18:34

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You should apply for a job with the BBC or Granuad Lusty, they’re hyping it up just like you are. You’ve taken the comments totally out of context as usual and I’ve listened to the speech and he wasn’t saying what the Ukrainians are suffering was in any way similar to Brexit, just that people make decisions on what freedom means. Maybe you should follow the old saying “actions speak louder than words” because no other country has done more for Ukraine than the UK through Boris. I know you have an intense dislike of Boris and the Tories but really you need to keep things in perspective.

129Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Sun Mar 20 2022, 19:01

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The PM has evidently offended virtually every sane person on all sides through his ludicrously inappropriate choice of words. Just look at the reactions in this BBC article. He then leaves it to Sunak to flap about, trying vainly to defend him on breakfast time TV. He is a national embarrassment and diplomatic liability. A few Latin phrases and strained metaphors do not make you bright, Boris.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60809454

130Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Mon Mar 21 2022, 00:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reports today of mass abductions of thousands of Ukranians who have been forceably deported to prison camps in Russia.

Plus extensive use of of thermobaric missiles to destroy Mariupol and bringing in mercenaries from Syria and Africa.

Basically, the Russians are systematically destroying Ukraine and won't stop.

131Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Mon Mar 21 2022, 09:11

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It’s an absolute disgrace and how Putin expects the Ukrainians to ever accept Russian rule after all this is beyond ridiculous. When you actually look at the Worlds current leaders, Putin, Xi, Johnson, Biden, Macron, the EU and the Middle East miscreants, all solely interested in their own selfs, it really does worry you where we’re heading. Unfortunately the fear of nuclear war has removed any possibility of restraining these lunatics, as Putin has illustrated. Thank goodness Hitler didn’t live in the nuclear age.

132Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Mon Mar 21 2022, 09:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:It’s an absolute disgrace and how Putin expects the Ukrainians to ever accept Russian rule after all this is beyond ridiculous. When you actually look at the Worlds current leaders, Putin, Xi, Johnson, Biden, Macron, the EU and the Middle East miscreants, all solely interested in their own selfs, it really does worry you where we’re heading. Unfortunately the fear of nuclear war has removed any possibility of restraining these lunatics, as Putin has illustrated. Thank goodness Hitler didn’t live in the nuclear age.
I don't think Putin expects them to accept Russian rule. He is systematically subjugating them. The whole thing seems to be a deliberate return to the totalitarian dictatorship of 50 years ago - gulags, work camps, state controlled media, disappearances, the lot - and a new Cold War.

I get the feeling that both Putin and Xi long for the bad old days when leadership was unquestionable and democracy was just a bad dream for them.

I can envisage an Asian power block, a Sino-Russian axis seeking to dominate the world with vast resources and huge armies that will march into country after country, dismantling freedom of speech and imposing totalitarian dictatorship whilst the West stands back and cowers at the threat of nuclear war.

133Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Mon Mar 21 2022, 11:52

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Agree entirely with your last paragraph Lusty and you can add Iran onto the list. The worlds order constantly changes, just like the climate and there is nothing we can do about it. The West has gradually transitioned into a woke, quasi liberal shambles whilst as you say, this Eastern bloc has taken complete advantage of it. In fact with the investment from China in Africa, you can probably add them into your equation as well. Who knows where it will end and whether at some point, nuclear Armageddon will be the only option available? A frightening thought but hopefully it will be long after we’ve gone?

134Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Mon Mar 21 2022, 13:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Agree entirely with your last paragraph Lusty and you can add Iran onto the list. The worlds order constantly changes, just like the climate and there is nothing we can do about it. The West has gradually transitioned into a woke, quasi liberal shambles whilst as you say, this Eastern bloc has taken complete advantage of it. In fact with the investment from China in Africa, you can probably add them into your equation as well. Who knows where it will end and whether at some point, nuclear Armageddon will be the only option available? A frightening thought but hopefully it will be long after we’ve gone?
Not sure about Iran joining that particular cabal as their agenda is very much religious terrorism rather than the secular Orwellian totalitarianism preferred by the Russians and Chinese. North Korea would definitely be in though.
Somehow the West have to hack and crack Russian and Chinese state controlled media as the best defence is to stir the will of their own people into rising up against their leaders.

135Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Mon Mar 21 2022, 15:04

Bolton Nuts

Admin

When will it stop? 

Can someone tell me what would actually happen if the West got a few people together and simply shot putin at a press conference?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

136Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Mon Mar 21 2022, 15:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:When will it stop? 

Can someone tell me what would actually happen if the West got a few people together and simply shot putin at a press conference?
Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 200.gif?cid=a87a70e6kjqyf10mpqc8ka7fl7sc1gp9cnskxklia11v7j1r&rid=200

137Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Mon Mar 21 2022, 18:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It will stop when Ukraine's economy and infrastructure have been bombed into oblivion, the government toppled and the land annexed by Russia.

138Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Mon Mar 21 2022, 20:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:

It will stop when Ukraine's economy and infrastructure have been bombed into oblivion, the government toppled and the land annexed by Russia.

I'm not so sure that even then it will.

There's a Russian 'breakaway' enclave in Moldova, which is just along from Odessa in Ukraine and he might have his eyes on that whilst his army is next door to it.

It's quite scary to think how all this will play out as it seems to me that the reverberations and fall out from all this will last for generations to come.

139Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Fri Mar 25 2022, 09:05

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can’t help thinking that if all the time, money, thought and effort being spent supporting Ukraine wouldn’t be better used to somehow bring the two parties together and find a solution. Surely it is the only solution eventually and there must be somebody out there who can negotiate a compromise. Both Putin and Zelensky have stated they are prepared to talk but it’s never got any further than that, so surely somebody can bring the two together.

Clearly, neither party wants to be seen to back down but surely there’s always a win win position as long as both are prepared to compromise. Saving lives on both sides must be on everyone’s mind and even if Putin eventually “won” and took Kyiv and Ukraine, what would be left if he levelled all the major cities and how much would the cost be to rebuild it, not to mention the animosity and probable continued fighting of Ukrainian factions. Even a win by Russia wouldn’t then be a win, you’d just have an Ireland situation to nobody’s benefit. I accept Putin is a dispicable individual but he’s not stupid and must realise all this and I’m sure would be open to negotiate a way out if it was offered to him. Problem is, I can’t see who that peace maker could be!! 🙁

140Is there going to be a war? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there going to be a war? Fri Mar 25 2022, 09:21

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/24/20/55751177-0-Estonia_s_Prime_Minister_Kaja_Kallas_U_S_President_Joe_Biden_Fra-a-9_1648152366435.jpg
Why does Joe Biden always look like a cardboard cut-out of Joe Biden and who has Boris got his eye on? Not Joe Biden methinks. Don't show it to Carrie.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Fri Mar 25 2022, 09:29; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum