Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What worries you most?

+9
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
Lyric Todkill
rammywhite
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What worries you most? Empty What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 10:22

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Given that we seem to have improved from the disastrous start and I think its a fair bet that we'll establish ourselves in a more respectable position, what worries you most about the rest of the season. Is it that we'll spiral down into a mediocre outfit? Is it that we'll fail to get promoted.? Is it that the young players won't get a chance? Is it a poor managerial appointment?Is it that if we did get promoted our squad is far too poor for the premiership now? Or is it that Holden is crocked?

For me,and this may sound really daft, its that Eagles is playing so well and scoring- that come January some of the struggling premiership outfits may have a go at acquiring him, and we'll lose the only efficient goal scorer that we've currently got.

So- whats your biggest concern?

Last edited by rammywhite on Sun Oct 21 2012, 10:48; edited 1 time in total

2What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 10:32

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

rammywhite wrote:Given that we seem to have improved from the disastrous start and I think its a fair bet that we'll establish ourselves in a more respectable position, what worries you most about the rest of the season. Is it that we'll spiral down into a mediocre outfit? Is it that we'll fail to get promoted.? Is it that the young players won't get a chance? Is it a poor managerial appointment?Is it that if we did get promoted our squad is far too poor for the premiership now?

For me,and this may sound really daft, its that Eagles is playing so well and scoring- that come January some of the struggling premiership outfits may have a go at acquiring him, and we'll lose the only efficient goal scorer that we've currently got.

Eagles ain't a Prem player, don't worry

As my father said to me;

If you worry, you die

If you don't worry, you die

Don't worry

3What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 11:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Lack of a play maker in midfield.

Indeed lack of anybody in centre midfield!

Coyle left us with just four - Mavis and Pratley, to which he added Andrews and Spearing to replace Reo Coker and Muamba.

Concidering anybody with half a brain knows that we've not had the services of Holden for the last EIGHTEEN months, you would have thought the manager would have got at least one more midfielder in to supplement this glaring weakness.

Not Coyle though - the clueless wassock.

4What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 11:37

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

What worries me?.........That dougie freedman is another Glaswegian Shocked

5What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 11:57

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Steady there Aaron. Thats xenophobic,or chauvinist or something. If Alex Ferguson or David Moyes was our manager I wouldn't care where he came from.

Besides although I've lived in Bolton for 50 years I was actually born just outside Glasgow. !!

So you must hate me as well

6What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 12:14

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

rammywhite wrote:Steady there Aaron. Thats xenophobic,or chauvinist or something. If Alex Ferguson or David Moyes was our manager I wouldn't care where he came from.

Besides although I've lived in Bolton for 50 years I was actually born just outside Glasgow. !!

So you must hate me as well

If you were to vote in the crass waste of money vote for independence, which way would it be?

7What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 12:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a few concerns at the moment but think we'll be OK over the season. I thought there were some good signs yesterday: the way players worked for each other, the freedom they were given which made it less predictable for City's defence, patience in possession - all good stuff. BUT, defence still panicky, prospect of a new manager stifling the "green shoots of recovery" before we've seen how far we can get with it, and all the issues that invariably arise when the wind of change blows through a club are all concerns, albeit short-term concerns.

We're apparently talking to Dougie Freedman. He's an OK manager although a bit complacent IMO and if he dumped Palace for us I would question his commitment - it gives out a clear message that he is fickle, especially as he is a Palace legend and supposedly committed to their rebuilding programme.

Dreamteam on the other hand seem to be totally committed to the cause, but there are questions over their ability which have yet to be answered and I'm not sure that they can be answered by having 8 days to prepare for 3 games in 7 days - especially as two of them are difficult away ties at Wolves and Boro.

Frankly speaking, if we come out of the next 2 games with 2 points they'll have done well IMO although it's the performances that are the real indicator as to their potential. I'm concerned that they'll be replaced if they don't pull a rabbit out of the hat and we'll be back to the drawing board again which will stifle any impetus they've managed to get going over the last week or so.

Very tough call for the club, but it's going to be interesting whatever happens.

8What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 18:26

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lyric,

Like the vast majority will when the time comes- I'd vote no. It's all a farce so that Alex Salmond (aka Shrek) can boost his ego;

9What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 18:29

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

rammywhite wrote:Lyric,

Like the vast majority will when the time comes- I'd vote no. It's all a farce so that Alex Salmond (aka Shrek) can boost his ego;

At a cost of £40m

Only one word

Cunt

10What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 18:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be voting yes.

11What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 18:37

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lyric,

I always thought that a cunt was something useful.

When it comes to Salmond I think you've missed out the word 'useless' in front of your description.

I live in England- I don't get a vote.

12What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 18:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'll be voting yes.

You live in Coventry.

13What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 18:45

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I always thought that a cunt was something useful.

When it comes to Salmond I think you've missed out the word 'useless' in front of your description.

Indeed

I know

It's all very strange, but well played Cameron (of Scottish descent)

This gets murdered by 4-1 and Salmond is finished.

14What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 18:53

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Forget all of this Glaswegian/independence shite.

Lets get back to the original question.

What worries you most about this season?

15What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 19:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

Getting back on topic it has to be the state of our economy.

16What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 19:11

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

That what I gripe about. Salmond and his cronies are wanting to break up the United Kingdom by separating from it but only give the vote to the Scottish. Yet us English have no say in it whatsoever - so we are second fiddle to the Scots????

Lets put it this way, if I had the vote I would vote to get rid of Scotland and make sure they cannot use the Pound-sterling, plus make sure they repay every penny from what the British Parliament had to fork out to help rescue both RBS and HBOS!

17What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 19:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Perhaps we should create a separate thread on Wandering Minds. Rammy was asking about our concerns for the future of our team and we end up debating the Scottish debate. Rolling Eyes

18What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 19:24

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Perhaps we should create a separate thread on Wandering Minds. Rammy was asking about our concerns for the future of our team and we end up debating the Scottish debate. Rolling Eyes

Was just messing around.

And to get back on track, at thsi moment in time, the worry has been lifted - that was Owen Coyle and his 1 track management. I am keeping faith until a more new permanent fix is in place then i will review how my concerns are!

19What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 19:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know you were! So was I ! Very Happy

20What worries you most? Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 19:39

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

My main concern ..... SKD still playing every single minute of every game with no end in sight ..... coupled with a loanee from the gunners .....neither one scores much .... now there's a plan for the future.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum