Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What worries you most?

+9
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
Lyric Todkill
rammywhite
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21What worries you most? - Page 2 Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 19:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:My main concern ..... SKD still playing every single minute of every game with no end in sight ..... coupled with a loanee from the gunners .....neither one scores much .... now there's a plan for the future.

Terence, KD has worked his nuts off this season. For a 35 year old his commitment is beyond question. Afobe grafted hard against Bristol City and it was probably his best game in a Wanderers shirt.

22What worries you most? - Page 2 Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 19:47

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Kevin Davies has been our second most important player behind Eagles this season. He shouldn't be dropped. The pass through for Spearing was excellent.

But if your talking about taking him off in games so hes not playing the full 90 every time then yeh I agree with that.

Biggest worry: Holden will get injured immediately

23What worries you most? - Page 2 Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 19:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the club will take things slowly with Holden. No point rushing things and putting him back in too soon. I expect him to be fit for January. it's a bloody good job we got Spearing on loan because since we lost Muamba and NRC he has filled the gap nicely.

24What worries you most? - Page 2 Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 20:17

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Agree with that, Spearing is fantastic

25What worries you most? - Page 2 Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 20:51

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:My main concern ..... SKD still playing every single minute of every game with no end in sight

I don't fault his commitment in recent weeks. What I do question is the lack of sting in our attacking demeanour. Nobody will have it that somebody who has scored four goals and assisted others is largely responsible for this, but he is. Klasnic was statistically our best striker last season but we in the bigger picture played more fluently over 90 minutes and got further long-term without him in the side. Like Klasnic, Davies doesn't (can't) run with the ball and isn't mobile. He also kills our attacking momentum with his poor control of the ball and opting for simple and often inappropriate passes. In short, there is an alarming lack of tempo to our play, and the key interestingly lies in dropping statistically our second best player.

26What worries you most? - Page 2 Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 20:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

I don't fault his commitment in recent weeks. What I do question is the lack of sting in our attacking demeanour. Nobody will have it that somebody who has scored four goals and assisted others is largely responsible for this, but he is. Klasnic was statistically our best striker last season but we in the bigger picture played more fluently over 90 minutes and got further long-term without him in the side. Like Klasnic, Davies doesn't (can't) run with the ball and isn't mobile. He also kills our attacking momentum with his poor control of the ball and opting for simple and often inappropriate passes. In short, there is an alarming lack of tempo to our play, and the key interestingly lies in dropping statistically our second best player.

I'd play Kevin Davies in central midfield before I'd play Mark Davies.

If we had a midfielder who could actually get on the end of things it would help the strikers out no end. 11 games into the season and Mavies is yet to play well. Add that to the 38 games of crapness last season and you begin to wonder if he's related to Eddie.

27What worries you most? - Page 2 Empty Re: What worries you most? Sun Oct 21 2012, 21:01

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

I'd play Kevin Davies in central midfield before I'd play Mark Davies.

If we had a midfielder who could actually get on the end of things it would help the strikers out no end. 11 games into the season and Mavies is yet to play well. Add that to the 38 games of crapness last season and you begin to wonder if he's related to Eddie.

You aren't suggesting that Eddie fiddled with him?

28What worries you most? - Page 2 Empty Re: What worries you most? Mon Oct 22 2012, 13:25

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nothing against SKD or Adobe .....but is that a good plan moving forward for our club?

Loanee will return to Arsenal and SKD will have a zimmer next season .... we have Ngog and Sordell that are young and we paid money for ..... add in Eaves. When is a good time to give these players are run in the side? Man Utd away maybe next season? or Barnsley on a tuesday night? Are they no good? ....then we better do somat in the January window. All I'm saying is let's plan ahead a little instead of slapping ourselfves on the back for fanlly beating a pub team.

29What worries you most? - Page 2 Empty Re: What worries you most? Mon Oct 22 2012, 14:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could play against Wolves or Boro. We've no idea whether or not JP et al are into squad rotation or not - whereas we could pretty much pick the OC team a week in advance.

30What worries you most? - Page 2 Empty Re: What worries you most? Mon Oct 22 2012, 19:29

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

My concern is similar to terenceanne's. In the unlikely event that a 36 year old Kevin Davies retires at the end of the season, we will be starting next season with two strikers who are unaccustomed to playing with each other. I am not seeing evidence of a plan for how we will handle that.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

31What worries you most? - Page 2 Empty Re: What worries you most? Mon Oct 22 2012, 19:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My concern is that "Insulting" will become overused before it's funny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum