Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'You need everybody' - Ian Evatt hopes Wanderers' squad depth will pay off

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'You need everybody' - Ian Evatt hopes Wanderers' squad depth will pay off 13474188

Ian Evatt is hopeful Wanderers’ squad depth will pay off in the coming weeks and months.

The Whites brought in seven fresh faces in the January transfer window and Evatt has several selection headaches ahead of Tuesday night’s trip to Burton.

The Bolton boss admits it can be difficult to leave players out of the side but insists modern football is “a squad game”.

“It is challenging but what I will say so far is they’ve all bought in to what we’re trying to do. They understand that there’s good players surrounding them now and it’s horses for courses,” he said.

“It makes it easier to keep them happy when you’re consistently winning because their argument is little to none.

“It’s when the results don’t start going our way and they’re not in the team, that’s when it can become more challenging.

“But as I keep saying, this is a squad game now. It’s not about an individual, it’s not about 11 players. To get through this division, you need everybody and we have to utilise that squad.

“We’ve built a really strong one now, we feel, so we’re looking forward to the games coming up.”

The Whites’ current situation seems a long way away from earlier this season when an injury crisis coincided with a poor run of results.

Things can change very quickly in football and Evatt insists it is important to remain level-headed throughout the ups and downs.

He added: “The bad spells shape who and what you are. In adversity, it’s the mark of every human really how they come out of it and how they learn from it and how they progress and I think that’s what we’ve tried to do.

“Believe me, since I’ve been a manager I’ve faced adversity. In my whole life in general, I’ve come through lots of adversity and it really does shape who you are and it’s part of the journey.

“When you come out the other side, you have to enjoy the good moments as well but it’s equally important that you don’t get too high or too low in the good or bad spells.

“You have to keep some equilibrium, keep yourself on the right path, keep doing the right things, trust the process and eventually you’ll get the right results and I think that’s what we’ve all done.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum