Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Voting for a Police Commisioner.

+7
Lyric Todkill
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
bwfc71
Reebok_Rebel
Numpty 28723
Reebok Trotter
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Thu Nov 15 2012, 19:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did anyone bother voting today ? I did my civic duty but it looks like the turnout was woeful.

22Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:10

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I didn't vote and I'm usually a stickler for voting in any vote.

Unfortunately I hadn't really a clue who was what and what they would be doing, apart from wasting more money.

23Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:

Unfortunately I hadn't really a clue who was what and what they would be doing, apart from wasting more money.

Very true. The coverage has been woeful.

24Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Thu Nov 15 2012, 22:00

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

It will be interesting to see the turnout.

I didn't vote for the first time in my life.

25Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Fri Nov 16 2012, 08:41

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The government couldn't be too concerned about the whole thing or everyone would have got something in the post, as it was I hardly know anyone who got a thing through their letter box to vote.

Apparantly in some areas only 10% people voted.

26Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Fri Nov 16 2012, 11:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I stole my ballot paper.

27Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Fri Nov 16 2012, 12:17

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:The government couldn't be too concerned about the whole thing or everyone would have got something in the post, as it was I hardly know anyone who got a thing through their letter box to vote.

Apparantly in some areas only 10% people voted.

There is one area of Wales were the voting box had ZERO votes!!!!

Now if the voting would have been in the Mayor of London's jurisidiction as well, do you think there would have been more of an effort by the Government to selling the idea to voters?

28Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Fri Nov 16 2012, 13:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good to see the sensible folk of Humberside put two fingers up at Johny Two Jabs.

29Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Mon Dec 17 2012, 18:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The newly elected Lancashire police commissioner is now under investigation for expenses fraud when he was a local councillor. Twenty five counts apparently! I would have thought he would have been thoroughly vetted before being allowed to apply for the job in the first place ?

30Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Mon Dec 17 2012, 19:31

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How can any government body do a thorough vetting nowadays when so many have been laid off in the public sector to try to save money (when all it has done is increase the number of unemployed and actually increased the national debt, although they are happy that the national borrowing is down!!!!)

31Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Mon Dec 17 2012, 22:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It costs me £45 every three years to apply for an enhanced CRB even though I have no convictions. I was self employed and I changed jobs when my current CRB still had twelve months to run. Guess what ? I still had to apply for another CRB because I was doing a different job even though my previous CRB had not yet expired.

It's a bloody government rip-off. It's the same with passports. Babies and young children could be included on their parents passports but now they have to have their own. It's financial exploitation, nothing more.

I still have the old paper driving licence and as I have no plans to move address they can fcuk right off with their suggestion that every driver should have an ID driving licence with your photo on it. ( Renewable every ten years ).

All forms of stealth tax disguised as progress.

32Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Tue Dec 18 2012, 05:21

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

With regards to driving licence - I had to reapply this year (10 years renewal) and now ended up with one that says NL within the EU stars, instead of UK (but still has my UK number on the back of it - as well as my Dutch number on the front!) - going to be fun when I renew it again in just over 9 years!!!

€60 to renew

Whats even worse, for the Dutchies, they have to renew their passport every 5 years and costs €120 at a time! Plus its €120/year to take books out of the library and their ID cards have to be renewed every 5 years at a cost of €50 each time!!!

33Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Tue Dec 18 2012, 09:20

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:It costs me £45 every three years to apply for an enhanced CRB even though I have no convictions. I was self employed and I changed jobs when my current CRB still had twelve months to run. Guess what ? I still had to apply for another CRB because I was doing a different job even though my previous CRB had not yet expired.

It's a bloody government rip-off. It's the same with passports. Babies and young children could be included on their parents passports but now they have to have their own. It's financial exploitation, nothing more.

I still have the old paper driving licence and as I have no plans to move address they can fcuk right off with their suggestion that every driver should have an ID driving licence with your photo on it. ( Renewable every ten years ).

All forms of stealth tax disguised as progress.

Totally agree with this, our government take the piss out of us left right and centre, and we just sit there and let the cunts get on with it...

Guy Fawkes had the right idea...

34Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Tue Dec 18 2012, 09:30

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

what really get my goat about passports is the fact they SHOULD be free!

I mean, ok if it was JUST so you could get on a plane that would be ok - You could simply chose not to go abroad and not have one and all is well.

now though... you need a passport as a form of ID, you cant get a bank account, a loan/mortgage, a hire car, rent a house or vote without showing ID.

I know you can use your driving licence too, but this again costs a bomb.

I now understand why the government threw out the EU ID card idea - people wouldn't have needed to buy/renew a passport as you could have flown anywhere in the EU on it. Our government must have thought "fuck this lads, we stand to lose a lot of money here"

35Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Tue Dec 18 2012, 09:57

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I now understand why the government threw out the EU ID card idea - people wouldn't have needed to buy/renew a passport as you could have flown anywhere in the EU on it. Our government must have thought "fuck this lads, we stand to lose a lot of money here"

No that's not the reason. They were going to charge so much (£80 or more I think) for the ID card that they realised there might be widespread resistance to paying for it. They would have screwed even more money out of us if they could get away with it.

36Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Tue Dec 18 2012, 10:04

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

No that's not the reason. They were going to charge so much (£80 or more I think) for the ID card that they realised there might be widespread resistance to paying for it. They would have screwed even more money out of us if they could get away with it.

so they were going to make us pay for that as well...

funny as they would have still whinged about 'how much it cost the taxpayer' ... lying lying tools, lot of them.

37Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Tue Dec 18 2012, 11:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The EU ID card can be used to travel everywhere in the EU without the need for a passport so why should we be conned into paying for both?

38Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Tue Dec 18 2012, 11:44

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:The EU ID card can be used to travel everywhere in the EU without the need for a passport so why should we be conned into paying for both?

you cant get one now, loads of people paid for them... then the government pulled the plug and ran with all the money - ive had a look on the website, it basically tells you its useless but you can fuck off if you think your having a refund...

sounds like theft to me that...

39Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Tue Dec 18 2012, 12:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A friend of mine still has one. Are they still valid ?

40Voting for a Police Commisioner. - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting for a Police Commisioner. Tue Dec 18 2012, 12:14

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum