Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will Smith punch at awards ceremony? Deserved or...

+4
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
Bolton Nuts
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I'm guessing we have all seen Will Smith smacking the shit out of Chris Rock Live on stage after e found a joke insulting.

What was your take on the events?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt you (or the Mrs).

Smith should be made an example of.

We all know he won't though.

Fair play to Rock for how he dealt with it at the time and his bearing since.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you're that mad, you don't slap them, you punch their lights out. Smells a bit funny to me.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:If you're that mad, you don't slap them, you punch their lights out. Smells a bit funny to me.
i thought the same Boncey, lots of people saying it looked staged as well.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

No chance it was staged. 

I don't believe it's ever right to assault someone because they said some words. No matter what the words were.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fwiw my initial thoughts were that it was staged also.

It was only when I read that Smith went on to use the f word to Rock on live American TV which apparently is a massive no - no, that I thought that perhaps it was real after all?

I'm not a big fan of Alan Davis but he does make a valid point about security both before and after the slap.

Wouldn't you have thought something would have been done other than just to let him attack someone on live TV then let him sit back down and everything carry on as normal?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:No chance it was staged. 

I don't believe it's ever right to assault someone because they said some words. No matter what the words were.
You must be very laid back then as not sure i could say the same if someone had insulted my wife.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't believe it was staged, what was the upside for Smith if it was? He's already a mega star, not sure he needs more attention.

He's always come across as a good guy, I think this is just a simple case of a bloke losing his rag after another bloke slagged off his wife. I suspect he got up with the intention of punching the guy, but during the few seconds it took to get to the stage he was having doubts, so ended up slapping him.

It's happened to me. One day I saw a chav pulling up flowers in the Whittam Towers garden. I shouted at him and he legged it. I gave chase with the full intention of of giving him a punch in the chops, but when I caught up to him I realised he was about 14 so ended up sort of jabbing my finger into his chest. Pretty embarrassing really.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chris Rock and Will Smith have an on going feud before this incident happened apparently.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Chris Rock and Will Smith have an on going feud before this incident happened apparently.
Why didn't someone go to the aid of poor Chris. Spiderman was in the room! Was he too pissed?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chris Rock needs a slap. He's irritating, racist and about as funny as leprosy and if the only material he has is to take the piss out of a woman suffering from alopecia, I reckon Smith just happened to be the first in a long line of people who wish they'd had the chance to do it themselves.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More offensive than the slap was Regina Hall and her creepy antics.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Norpig wrote:
Biggie wrote:No chance it was staged. 

You must be very laid back then as not sure i could say the same if someone had insulted my wife.

That's bullshit. 
Or scary if that's how people think its OK to react. 

That means, it's ok to attack someone, as long as the attacker felt like he was annoyed enough for the attack to be justified. 

Does that line of thinking also apply to men who hit their v wives?
Why did you hit your wife? 
She said words that I didn't like. 
Oh, well thats OK then.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sluffy wrote:Wouldn't you have thought something would have been done other than just to let him attack someone on live TV then let him sit back down and everything carry on as normal?

Seems they did try to do something after all!

Will Smith refused to leave Oscars after slap, Academy says

Will Smith was asked to leave the Oscars ceremony after hitting Chris Rock but refused, the Academy says.

The body also says it has initiated "disciplinary proceedings" against Smith.

Smith slapped Rock after the comic made a joke about his wife Jada Pinkett Smith's shaved head, a result of the hair-loss condition alopecia.

The actor - who won the first Oscar of his career at the ceremony - has since apologised.

In its statement, the Academy said: "Mr Smith was asked to leave the ceremony and refused, [but] we also recognize we could have handled the situation differently."

It also announced it had "initiated disciplinary proceedings against Mr Smith for violations of the Academy's Standards of Conduct".

These include inappropriate physical contact, abusive or threatening behaviour, and compromising the integrity of the Academy, it said.

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60935900

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Asked to leave?'
And refused?
Then get security. 
Job done.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:'Asked to leave?'
And refused?
Then get security. 
Job done.

It's just PR bullshit because he's a "high profile" star.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This video clip is doing the rounds.

Does this make Will Smith a hypocrite?

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Speaking of Chris Rock, this is brilliant.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still want to slap him Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum