Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley

+7
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
Whitesince63
Natasha Whittam
Bolton Nuts
Cajunboy
wanderlust
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Empty Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Sun Apr 17 2022, 01:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blimey! Monday night it's another game and this time it's at home against Stanley who sit 9 points and 3 places below us. Like us, they won't get relegated and they won't make the playoffs - but unlike us are not likely to have players facing a potentially huge squad shake up in the summer. Well at least that seems to be the subtext of Evatt's most recent musings.
We looked a long way off being promotion contenders on Friday albeit without a few players, so hopefully whoever starts on Monday will give us something to feel confident about.
Difficult to know what to think about Accrington - results have been very mixed. They lost to Donny and Gillingham, but beat Wycombe and Oxford so I guess it depends on which Stanley turns up on the day.
I expect us to win, but mainly I hope that we have a good performance. 
I'm going for 2 - 1.

2Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Sun Apr 17 2022, 15:01

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Don't care, I'm on the beach.

3Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Sun Apr 17 2022, 23:39

Bolton Nuts

Admin

It's all about the attitude and performance of the system and the players.

I would line up as follows

Trafford 
Jones Aimson Johnstone John
Sadlier Morley MJ Gordon
Baka Dadi

Dapo, Dion, etc are out of form and might make an impact as subs. Dapo didn't even look useful against Donny.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

4Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Mon Apr 18 2022, 09:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I tried to give my ticket away. No takers. I even offered to pay my nephew to go. He refused.

Something needs to be done about these meaningless games.

5Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Mon Apr 18 2022, 10:27

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I decided not to bother making the journey but have succumbed to using iFollow again, I’m obviously a glutton for punishment. I think we have two players with a point to prove here in Dion and Traff. Dion to break his scoring duck and Traff to keep a clean sheet. Other than that the games pretty pointless to both sides with just bragging rights to play for. We do owe them a stuffing though, so that means we’ll probably lose!! I think despite Evatt’s attempts at firing them up, the majority seem to already be on the beach, especially Dapo, but let’s just hope enough stay in tune to see Accy off.

6Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Mon Apr 18 2022, 11:33

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cajunboy wrote:Don't care, I'm on the beach.

Knott End or Fleetwood?

7Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Mon Apr 18 2022, 12:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When they beat us in December we had a different team with Dixon in goal, Adam Senior at RB next to Alex Baptiste, Thomason in the middle and Doyler up front. It was our 6th successive away defeat in a row and we were plummeting down the table.
It was a hectic end to end game but they had the better of the chances and we rode our luck.
Completely different circumstances today....and hopefully a completely different result Smile

8Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Mon Apr 18 2022, 14:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

9Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Mon Apr 18 2022, 14:08

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

Knott End or Fleetwood?
ARIDE

10Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Mon Apr 18 2022, 14:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

11Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Mon Apr 18 2022, 15:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still waiting for my lift. He's in traffic. Be half bloody time when we get there.

12Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Mon Apr 18 2022, 17:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

NOTE - if you look closely just behind the goals when the last goal went in you will see Bonce just arriving at the ground!

13Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Mon Apr 18 2022, 17:45

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Not a bad game today, spoiled a bit by Trafford and the ref. But at least they both got an assist.

Dad bod was better than I ever thought he would turn out to be.

I think we confirmed today that we don't need Chunga or Amaechi.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

14Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Mon Apr 18 2022, 17:49

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went to the game and it was enjoyable!  Bodvarsson was class when he came on, and was good to see Icelandic clap twice Smile 

Trafford had a bad game distribution wise.  Thought Charles was good apart from not getting on the score sheet, came close a couple of times

15Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Mon Apr 18 2022, 18:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Arrived at 4.15. At least we won.

16Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Mon Apr 18 2022, 19:20

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good win in the end.
Our defense today was like Swiss cheese....seemed like every long throw caused panic in our box and our fullbacks were caught out of position way too often for my liking. We cannot rely on super subs saving our bacon every game. Our chronic poor starts to games is somat that needs to be fixed for next season.  Anyhow, two games left and a top ten finish to shoot for.
COYWM

17Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Accrington Stanley Mon Apr 18 2022, 20:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

First half was poor. I was cursing my nephew for not taking the ticket.

A change of formation seemed to improve us after the break. Bod looks excellent at this level, and even Bako seems to have improved from earlier in the season.

Charles still not at the races, I read today we paid £320k for him. Dear me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum