Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt pleased to see new recruits silencing their doubters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt pleased to see new recruits silencing their doubters 13695866

Ian Evatt is delighted Wanderers’ January recruits have proved their doubters wrong – and hopes to again spend wisely during the summer.

The likes of Jon Dadi Bodvarsson and James Trafford have made a big impact in recent weeks, and Evatt insists new additions shouldn’t be judged on their records at other clubs.

The Bolton boss admits they won’t always get it right but is pleased with the business they have done this season.

“I think what we’ve got is a clear philosophy, brand and identity and that makes it a lot easier to recruit to,” he told The Bolton News.

“I think some players that we sign, it’s difficult because they might have been playing for football clubs that play a completely different way to how we play and then you’re just looking for glimpses of them doing the things that we want them to do.

“But we have position specifics of what we require from each individual and we’ll make the best and most informed decision we can.

“We’re not going to get everything right, but what I will say to all supporters is you have to give all these lads a chance in our team before you start judging them.

“We’re in a game full of opinions and naturally everybody has one, but what we have to do is give them the opportunity to show what they can do.

“I think James was written off as a young 'keeper before he came and I think he’s shown what a fantastic player he’s going to be and then Jon and Baka (Amadou Bakayoko) have both provided goals and everything else as well.

“We’ve got some wrong as well, we must admit that but we’re not going to get everybody right. But I think fundamentally over the period of the transfers windows I’ve had, last January, the summer and this January, I think we’ve made vast improvement which is very good.”

Wanderers now have real strength in depth when everyone is fit – something Evatt hopes will pay off next season.

The Bolton chief feels they are now well prepared to adapt their approach based on the opposition and “find the right solutions”.

He added: “We’re looking for players with adaptability, versatility and that can do the things we require them to do.

“It’s technical, what we do, but we have to find the right recipe and that means putting in all the ingredients all together and baking the best cake possible and that’s what we’re trying to do.

“But each game and opportunity provides something completely different and the most important thing for me is that we’ve got the options now to change in and out of systems, formations, playing through the press, playing over the press.

“Supporters at times get a bit frustrated when we’re playing short, but they have to understand why we’re trying to do and what we’re trying to do. Eventually, we’ll find the right solutions, and (against Accrington) I think we showed that we didn’t get it right the first half an hour or so.

“But once we’d figured it out and we’d got the message onto the players, we then found the right solutions, went over the press and caused them a lot more problems so a good victory and looking forward to the final two games.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum