Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

England v Italy

+6
Ten Bobsworth
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Hip Priest
Norpig
gloswhite
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1England v Italy Empty England v Italy Sat Jun 11 2022, 19:45

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not our first 11 but hope we win!

2England v Italy Empty Re: England v Italy Sun Jun 12 2022, 01:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Decent game of evenly matched teams but despite England throwing on Kane we really didn't look like scoring bar a sitter that Sterling missed and hitting the bar early doors. The young Italians had a few decent chances TBF.
Entertaining but we look a long way from being worldbeaters.

3England v Italy Empty Re: England v Italy Sun Jun 12 2022, 11:53

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Very technical, very boring.

4England v Italy Empty Re: England v Italy Thu Sep 22 2022, 23:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Round 2 tomorrow and I was depressed to see that Southgate will stick with Harry Maguire for the World Cup in Qatar "because the other defenders aren't good enough"

We are hardly blessed with world class CBs but there has to be somebody better than Maguire surely?

Mings blows hot and cold, but Connor Coady has been very solid and I've always rated his partner at Everton Tarkowski. Stones will surely play.

Stones and Tarkowski would make a great partnership IMO.

Any thoughts?

5England v Italy Empty Re: England v Italy Fri Sep 23 2022, 07:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Southgate is sticking with a back 3 then i would play Stones, Dier and one other (Coady?) No way should Maguire be even in the squad nevermind starting games or getting in the World Cup squad if he's not playing for United.

6England v Italy Empty Re: England v Italy Sat Sep 24 2022, 01:04

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Another awful performance. Ironically Harry Maquire was one of the better performers out there tonight.
Southgate roundly booed at the end by the travelling England fans. We could be so much better with a more attacking set up. We've got so much flair available and Southgate's tactics just nullify it. The World Cup is going to be an absolute shit show for England. As always you know just what's coming before the tournament even starts. We will be on our way home early doors and the country will be calling for Southgate's head. We know what's coming but as usual it's too late to do anything about it.

7England v Italy Empty Re: England v Italy Sat Sep 24 2022, 02:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:Another awful performance. Ironically Harry Maquire was one of the better performers out there tonight.
Southgate roundly booed at the end by the travelling England fans. We could be so much better with a more attacking set up. We've got so much flair available and Southgate's tactics just nullify it. The World Cup is going to be an absolute shit show for England. As always you know just what's coming before the tournament even starts. We will be on our way home early doors and the country will be calling for Southgate's head. We know what's coming but as usual it's too late to do anything about it.
He seems pretty dogmatic about his selections but the reality was that there wasn't anything "special" to unlock an excellent Italian defence whereas Italy had that bit of magic when they scored that outstanding goal.
As England struggled to get back into it I was thinking they needed something a bit different - like Zaha for example - but I'm finding Southgate's approach a bit jaded and predictable. New blood required to shake up the current lot.

8England v Italy Empty Re: England v Italy Sat Sep 24 2022, 09:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:Another awful performance. Ironically Harry Maquire was one of the better performers out there tonight.

Agree 100%. They should sack Southgate today, and give someone a contract just for the World Cup. But they won't, they'll leave it until after the tournament when it's too late.

We have some very good attacking players but ultra cautious Southgate hasn't got a clue how to use them. What sort of bellend uses Saka in a position he's never played before?

I can't remember which pundit said it, but he said Southgate overthinks things and that is so true. Too many managers want to show they are more intelligent than your average fan, when in reality they are not.

Southgate & Evans out.

9England v Italy Empty Re: England v Italy Sat Sep 24 2022, 12:45

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Southgate has been conservative at every club he managed....no different now. I said for years England will never win anything with him in charge - of course I had a near miss in the Euros but back to form now. Sir Reggie Ponce III and the others at the FA gave him a multi-year contract.....so I don't see much change coming.    
And this is why I have no footie to watch ---- everybody out.

10England v Italy Empty Re: England v Italy Sat Sep 24 2022, 13:05

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I gave up watching after 30 minutes. It seemed like I was in detention but I escaped to Chateau DIY for summat not quite as tedious.

This team doesn’t look like it would score in a month of Sundays, I thought.

Sometimes things can take a surprising turn so I switched it back on again about ten minutes from time to see if it had. It hadn’t

11England v Italy Empty Re: England v Italy Sat Sep 24 2022, 13:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Frustrating lack of creativity - the Italian defence never looked troubled - which with Trent AA stuck on the bench, Maddison and a bunch of other creative players overlooked made it all the more painful to watch.

12England v Italy Empty Re: England v Italy Sat Sep 24 2022, 14:19

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

According to Southgate, relegation is "a step in the right direction"!

Ever since his inexcusable decision-making before the penalty shoot-out in the Euros, his credibility as a worthwhile manager has disintegrated.

13England v Italy Empty Re: England v Italy Sat Sep 24 2022, 14:40

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Another woefully inadequate performance. Better off watching the lionesses.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

14England v Italy Empty Re: England v Italy Sat Sep 24 2022, 15:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I fell asleep 😴

15England v Italy Empty Re: England v Italy Sat Sep 24 2022, 22:02

Bolton Nuts

Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I fell asleep 😴

I don't blame you.