Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton's Finances / Accounts for year ending 30th June 2021 and everything else since.

+11
finlaymcdanger
Ten Bobsworth
Sluffy
Whitesince63
BarrygoestoBolton
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
terenceanne
karlypants
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 40]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
If that card was a 3 (£m losses in 2023), I'd go higher too.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:If that card was a 3 (£m losses in 2023), I'd go higher too.

I seem to remember (without checking back) that the £3m (£3.5m?) was somehow offset from it's true amount of a couple of million more.

If so I reckon the next reported loss will be more likely to be around the £6-7m mark.

(Hope the Swiss lads get a good end of year financial bonus - FV might be needing it soon!).

Terry Poole

David Ngog
David Ngog

Sluffy wrote:

I seem to remember (without checking back) that the £3m (£3.5m?) was somehow offset from it's true amount of a couple of million more.

If so I reckon the next reported loss will be more likely to be around the £6-7m mark.

(Hope the Swiss lads get a good end of year financial bonus - FV might be needing it soon!).
I think that interest was written off taking it down from £5.77million. 

Excellent thread and clear understanding of the financial and governance issues which seems lost on so many least of amongst the local media.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Terry Poole wrote:

Excellent thread and clear understanding of the financial and governance issues which seems lost on so many least of amongst the local media.

Nice to see you,Terry. To see you, nice.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Terry Poole wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Hello and welcome Terry and thank you for your kind words.

Yes, you are right, it was the accrued interest from the long outstanding PBP loan, that was waived, thank you for your reminder.

And yes again, unfortunately the vast amount of supporters (and Marc Iles) have little to no interest in the financial matters that ultimately determine what actually happens on the pitch, and even if we have a club if the bills stop being paid.

You would think the penny might drop with some of them when the clubs own Chief Executive admits that he was wrong believing the club could ever reach financial sustainability and that we are facing a substantial loss on the soon to be published profit and loss account for the latest audited accounts.

But no, they continue to choose to live in ignorance, or like the occasional loon who believe we are nothing more than doom mongers.

Hope you decide to stick around and share your views on all things BWFC and anything else you have an interest or opinion on.

Terry Poole

David Ngog
David Ngog

Sluffy wrote:

Hello and welcome Terry and thank you for your kind words.

Yes, you are right, it was the accrued interest from the long outstanding PBP loan, that was waived, thank you for your reminder.

And yes again, unfortunately the vast amount of supporters (and Marc Iles) have little to no interest in the financial matters that ultimately determine what actually happens on the pitch, and even if we have a club if the bills stop being paid.

You would think the penny might drop with some of them when the clubs own Chief Executive admits that he was wrong believing the club could ever reach financial sustainability and that we are facing a substantial loss on the soon to be published profit and loss account for the latest audited accounts.

But no, they continue to choose to live in ignorance, or like the occasional loon who believe we are nothing more than doom mongers.

Hope you decide to stick around and share your views on all things BWFC and anything else you have an interest or opinion on.

Evening 

I am quite shocked that an ex PL CEO (if only for a few months) does not understand how the monies are distributed.

There is an increasing number of fans who are becoming concerned now. The paper is very interesting as those who question the narrative via social media are often muted whilst on the comment section there a dwlinding group of pro FV posters who attack anybody who offers any sort of critical analysis. With the team struggling fans are slowly realising things are not as healthy as they may seem. 

Suspect the high end bond investors may become slightly nervous at the recent comments.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The bee I have always had in my bonnet is why are FV here?

Apart from Michael James, Sharon and Luckock have no personal attachment to BWFC and I'm yet to be convinced there wasn't better value clubs to buy, more locally to them and without the painful process that ensued during the Administration.

It also seems to me that their business plan has changed at least three times in their 5 years in charge.

First with Kenyon and Phoenix it seemed to be a 3 year journey to get us into the Championship and then sell us on (there was something too about a large intangible asset value (digitising the business or some such?) which never came to much as far as I could tell(?), then as that plan failed it seemed development of the land around the ground became the focus - but that seem to stall and presumably wither on the vine?

Now we have the rich kid Swiss boys and girls chucking their money in for fun strategy - but how long will that last?

Maybe as some have told me FV are simply here to throw their money away simply to be football club owners - but that doesn't stack up to me because there was clearly a plan to become financially self sustainable and Sharon, Luckock and James haven't put any of their money into the club in terms of equity or secured loans for the last two years (which coincidentally is the time they originally expected the club to become financially sustainable as per their original plan on purchase!).

There's also the mystery to me as to why Mason and Morris (the car insurance one, not the PBP (with James) one) are underpinning Sharon financially - if indeed they are?

(I suppose they can't take it with them as my daughter points out to me when she wants an advance on her inheritance!).

I guess as long as they do (if they are indeed doing so) then there isn't much to worry about but if it stops being fun for the Swiss then there might become a problem as I don't think it really is that easy or simply to sell a football club as and when you might want/need to.

From Hart's statement the other day it seems the money is there for next season anyway and no doubt anything can happen from now until this time next season.

Never boring following Bolton is it!

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Welcome Terry Poole.
Lets see what the audited accounts say, when we get to see them.
P.S. Did you know that Phil Gartside and Gordon Shorrock couldn't abide each other or why?

Terry Poole

David Ngog
David Ngog

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Welcome Terry Poole.
Lets see what the audited accounts say, when we get to see them.
P.S. Did you know that Phil Gartside and Gordon Shorrock couldn't abide each other or why?
Afternoon, 
I had heard that but Gordon was well respected by the board led by Mr Hargreaves.

Always found it odd that the FV chair has barely spoken to the Bolton News since 2019? Not sure the current lead football writer is held in high esteem either days. The comments on the paper forum make interesting reading these days given the CEO’s interviews with the paper !!

The accounts will make interesting reading that is for sure.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Unfortunately (or fortunately) depending how you look at things, with living down south, I can't view the Bolton News for free - well I can read 20 articles a month, or frig about setting up a proxy ip address to get round it - but I begrudge paying for something that others get for free simply based on a postcode lottery and as I have lived outside of Bolton by considerably more years that I lived there, so most of the news stories now aren't relevant to me other than BWFC news and even at a quid a week or whatever the charge is, I still consider that overpriced just to read Iles paper fillers.

Karly does sterling work of posting most of them up on here to stimulate discussions but the bottom line to all that I'm saying is that it isn't often I get to see the comments section of the paper.

Please feel free to use any comments and opinions I may say on here, if you feel they may add to the discussions you have over at the paper, although the vast majority of people on here and other forums consider me to be a crank, or worse!

::mad::

Maybe I am, but most of what I say is generally reasoned, lucid and pertinent I'd like to think!

Terry Poole

David Ngog
David Ngog

Sluffy wrote:Unfortunately (or fortunately) depending how you look at things, with living down south, I can't view the Bolton News for free - well I can read 20 articles a month, or frig about setting up a proxy ip address to get round it - but I begrudge paying for something that others get for free simply based on a postcode lottery and as I have lived outside of Bolton by considerably more years that I lived there, so most of the news stories now aren't relevant to me other than BWFC news and even at a quid a week or whatever the charge is, I still consider that overpriced just to read Iles paper fillers.

Karly does sterling work of posting most of them up on here to stimulate discussions but the bottom line to all that I'm saying is that it isn't often I get to see the comments section of the paper.

Please feel free to use any comments and opinions I may say on here, if you feel they may add to the discussions you have over at the paper, although the vast majority of people on here and other forums consider me to be a crank, or worse!

::mad::

Maybe I am, but most of what I say is generally reasoned, lucid and pertinent I'd like to think!
I can read the articles and comments. The comments are beginning to question the narrative and some contributors do not like it.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Terry Poole wrote:I can read the articles and comments. The comments are beginning to question the narrative and some contributors do not like it.

Nothing at all unusual it that.

It happens every day on here to me!

It's not hard really to understand finances -

“Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds, nineteen shillings and six pence, result happiness.

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pound and six pence, result misery.”

Charles Dickens’s character Wilkins Micawber warning eloquently of debt’s downside.

And Neil Hart has just told us this -

“Maybe naively when I came to this club three years ago, I thought we could get it to a sustainable position, but I realise now that it is near-on impossible, financially, it really is,” he told The Bolton News.

So if the business can't financially support itself, and the principal owners seem to have stopped putting their own money in, then somethings got to give sooner or later one would think - so why be in denial about the fact?

Why would people want to get shirty over being told the obvious?

But they do.

I just find it easier to laugh at them.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Terry Poole wrote:
Afternoon, 
I had heard that but Gordon was well respected by the board led by Mr Hargreaves.

Always found it odd that the FV chair has barely spoken to the Bolton News since 2019? Not sure the current lead football writer is held in high esteem either days. The comments on the paper forum make interesting reading these days given the CEO’s interviews with the paper !!

The accounts will make interesting reading that is for sure.
Thanks. I note what you say but Phil Gartside was a member of Gordon Hargreaves board and Gordon Shorrock definitely wasn't respected by PG or vice versa after GH had left the scene. I don't know where the animosity sprang from but its plain that it was PG that was largely responsible for recruiting Eddie Davies who was a died-in-the wool fan.

PG had first tried to recruit Eddie when Eddie was a guest of the Man U chairman at an FA Cup Tie at Old Trafford in 1991 but it was not until 1999 that Eddie agreed.

The accounts for quite a number of League 1 clubs have now been filed but nowt from FV yet.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bob, I'm not trying to be pedantic or anything but it is Gordon Sharrock and not Shorrock as you have mentioned twice.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Bob, I'm not trying to be pedantic or anything but it is Gordon Sharrock and not Shorrock as you have mentioned twice.

Quite right, thanks.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Quite right, thanks.
Yes, well said PK. I hate that sort of thing. You should be ashamed of yourself Rob.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Yes, well said PK. I hate that sort of thing. You should be ashamed of yourself Rob.
I am, Boncey. I'm absolutely mortified. Lady B is threatening to call for the doctor, the vicar and the solicitor.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum