Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

White Love Fanzine Returns… Online

+3
Norpig
Sluffy
Smiley
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:So Dick should be banned then and posts in reference to this removed!

No, I'm not saying that at all.

I'm sure White Love is intended as a bit of fun and no doubt if it takes off that Dick Smiley may want to monetise it to pay him for his time and effort.

What I am saying is for me personally that this is tainted with his association with someone I crossed paths with many moons ago, who by his actions at the time I would rather have nothing at all to do with again.

This bloke is shown as a sponsor of White Love.

I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine for everyone concerned and also for those of the readers of the fanzine - it's just that for me personally I am out.

It is clearly up to everybody else what they would want to do, I'm not trying to influence anyone.

I've no issue with 'Dick' and can understand him seeking funding (which I assume is for publishing the book??) but personally I rather have nothing to do with White Love whilst they are being sponsored by that particular company, which is owned by that particular person.

Just my own personal opinion and I mean no disrespect or harm to anyone.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
karlypants wrote:So Dick should be banned then and posts in reference to this removed!

No, I'm not saying that at all.

I'm sure White Love is intended as a bit of fun and no doubt if it takes off that Dick Smiley may want to monetise it to pay him for his time and effort.

What I am saying is for me personally that this is tainted with his association with someone I crossed paths with many moons ago, who by his actions at the time I would rather have nothing at all to do with again.

This bloke is shown as a sponsor of White Love.

I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine for everyone concerned and also for those of the readers of the fanzine - it's just that for me personally I am out.

It is clearly up to everybody else what they would want to do, I'm not trying to influence anyone.

I've no issue with 'Dick' and can understand him seeking funding (which I assume is for publishing the book??) but personally I rather have nothing to do with White Love whilst they are being sponsored by that particular company, which is owned by that particular person.

Just my own personal opinion and I mean no disrespect or harm to anyone.
I’ve no issue with forums/websites asking for donations as somewhere along the line it costs money to maintain.

I first read your post as if the ST bloke was part of white love.

I think I need to get myself down to specsavers.

Smiley

David Ngog
David Ngog

I can see where you are coming from Sluffy. But having sponsors on the site is the only way it can meet some of the associated costs in the interim. Its been a huge slog the past few months (working on the book) and then weeks on the site (way past midnight every night for the last 10 days). Many, many man hours of unpaid work.

To be judgemental of a site based on one of its sponsors is a bit unfair.

And to think, I was hoping to get you on-board writing some nitty gritty articles for the site - an invitation that is open.... as it is to all Wanderers fans.

Smiley

David Ngog
David Ngog

Norpig wrote:I did used to like the fanzines and still have some of the very early Normid Nomad in the wardrobe. I also used to buy Tripe N Trotters, White Love and Come on feel the Wanderers as well.

Boncey would my Normid Nomads be worth anything now?

Just seen the bit at the end about a subscription, sorry i'm out!
There's a guy on Wanderersways trying to collect every single issues of every single Wanderers fanzine including:
Wanderers Worldwide
Now We Want Pele
Normid Nomad
Here We Go Again!
Come On Feel The Wanderers
Tripe 'n' Trotters
White Love

I've said he can have some of mine, others, unfortunately I'm trying to cash-in after storing for 20+ years.

Re: subscription - that's just a thought. This is not a forum, its an online "magazine" as such. Hopefully the donation button gets pressed and it doesn't have to get to that.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Smiley wrote:I can see where you are coming from Sluffy. But having sponsors on the site is the only way it can meet some of the associated costs in the interim. Its been a huge slog the past few months (working on the book) and then weeks on the site (way past midnight every night for the last 10 days). Many, many man hours of unpaid work.

To be judgemental of a site based on one of its sponsors is a bit unfair.

And to think, I was hoping to get you on-board writing some nitty gritty articles for the site - an invitation that is open.... as it is to all Wanderers fans.

I've no problem with you having sponsors, I've no problem with the company sponsoring you, I just have previous with the owner of that particular company who tried to fuck Nuts (and all the time and effort me and at least three others had put into getting it to the stage we could go live) because he WRONGLY thought I'd banned him from another forum I used to mod.

It was the first time I'd ever known someone take the internet so seriously that it crossed over from it being something and nothing on a website to become something real and personal enough to go out of his way and even spend money in real life just to get what he saw was some kind of revenge against me personally - irrespective how it would also piss on others who had put their time and effort in setting up Nuts and had absolutely nothing to do with them.

And I'll repeat yet again I wasn't the one to ban him (for attempting to poach people from the forum I was on to jump ship to the forum he had just set up behind everyone's back).

I'm grown up enough to let it end at that point but even for many months afterwards I received dogs abuse posted on his forums website (including claiming I was a paedophile) which he joined in with and never bothered to moderate or remove such comments.

Sticks and stones and all that but I simply don't wish to have anything further to do with him from that time on.

As I say I spotted straight away who your sponsors were but kept my personal views out of the way and still promoted White Love on here - as you, your fanzine and all of your sponsors companies are absolutely fine with me - and wish you and them (including Bernsteins) all the best.

It's just the individual who behaved at the time in the way he did, that taints things for me - and just me - and that's why I've I'll keep my nose out of things and let you all get on.

I'm not in anyway being judgemental about you, the book or White Love - just wanted to make that clear.

As for me writing articles for you, thank you but most people are bored to death of what I write on here so probably better for White Love's chances of success that I don't!

Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just to show that I have no hard wishes to anyone I've tweeted these and if one or both of Iles and the club retweets as I've requested them to, you should have loads of traffic coming your way!

(I've deliberately not linked the tweets via this thread because I don't wish my own personal view to put anybody off in any way).

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Think it is only fair to note that Marc Iles HAS retweeted.

If you are reading this Marc, thank you.

Smiley

David Ngog
David Ngog

As for me writing articles for you, thank you but most people are bored to death of what I write on here so probably better for White Love's chances of success that I don't!

Very Happy
Each to their own, but one man’s ramblings are another man’s Macbeth… actually, you’d better not! But in all seriousness, you are welcome, under whatever guise you wish.
We all support the same club. Let’s not forget that. We all have a variety of opinions and views. It’s what makes great debate and can lead to well-written articles.

As for the Tweets - much appreciated Mr. Iles has been contacted last week and is hopefully ploughing his way through a digital version of the book (for review only). Can only hope that he’s complimentary.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Smiley wrote:
There's a guy on Wanderersways trying to collect every single issues of every single Wanderers fanzine including:
Wanderers Worldwide
Now We Want Pele
Normid Nomad
Here We Go Again!
Come On Feel The Wanderers
Tripe 'n' Trotters
White Love

I've said he can have some of mine, others, unfortunately I'm trying to cash-in after storing for 20+ years.

Re: subscription - that's just a thought. This is not a forum, its an online "magazine" as such. Hopefully the donation button gets pressed and it doesn't have to get to that.
He can have my Normid Nomads but it's going to cost him  Very Happy

Times are hard Smiley i've had to lay off the butler and the chef due to the cost of living increases. I'll have a look at your site when i'm at home so you never know, if i like, i may end up donating.

Smiley

David Ngog
David Ngog

Norpig wrote:
He can have my Normid Nomads but it's going to cost him  Very Happy

Times are hard Smiley i've had to lay off the butler and the chef due to the cost of living increases. I'll have a look at your site when i'm at home so you never know, if i like, i may end up donating.

I know your pain pal.

Yep, we are back down to Freeview, on our TV days, every other day. Waitrose now being swerved in favour of Lidl. Living by candlelight. Gardener fired off. Butler fire off. Housemaid fired off. 1 kidney sold. Wife up for sale on Ebay.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum