Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jimmy Savile Part 2 - Gary Glitter Arrested - and now Freddie Starr too!

+2
bwfc71
Sluffy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The first of many?

Former pop star Gary Glitter has been arrested on suspicion of sex offences by police investigating Jimmy Savile abuse claims.

He has been taken from his home into custody at a London police station.

Glitter, 68, whose real name is Paul Gadd, was jailed in Vietnam in 2006 for child sex offences.

Police are investigating allegations the late TV presenter Savile sexually abused some 300 young people over a 40-year period.

Met Police confirmed officers from Operation Yewtree had "arrested a man in his 60s in connection with the investigation".

"The man, from London, was arrested at approximately 0715 on suspicion of sexual offences. The individual falls under the strand of the investigation we have termed 'Savile and others'."

Scotland Yard has said it is following about 400 lines of inquiry as part of the operation - which is looking into claims Savile, who died last year aged 84, abused hundreds of young girls and some boys.

Police described former BBC DJ Savile as a "predatory sex offender".

Karin Ward - a former pupil at Duncroft approved school for girls in Surrey - told the BBC she had once seen singer Glitter having sex with a schoolgirl in Savile's dressing room at the BBC. Glitter has denied the allegations.

Glitter is the first person to be arrested in connection with the Met's Savile abuse inquiry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20114378

Last edited by Sluffy on Thu Nov 01 2012, 22:19; edited 1 time in total

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not surprised at that arresst - saw that one coming as soon as this story emerged over 3 weeks ago.

One of my friends last night said he wouldn't be surprised if Rolf Harris was also caught up in all this. That I cannot see as Rolf does seem the very much genuine person and I don't find weird, which I always did of Jimmy!

But there will be more arrests, no doubt!

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Rolf Harris is this a fucking joke!!! the mans got a diggery doo for fucks sake.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Jimmy Savile and his DJ cronies were only on the outer fringes of the pop world.

Gary Glitter has already been picked up by the fuzz but you're not telling me that he's the only one out of thousands of rock and pop stars since the sixties that's been doing naughty stuff with the teenyboppers in their dressing rooms.

I bet loads of big names will be shitting themselves from now on hoping they don't get collared.

(I wouldn't worry about Rolf being involved in any dodgy stuff, though - that's just ignorant cnuts hearing that he once did Two Little Boys and jumping to the wrong conclusions).

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

DLT, John Peel, Alan Freeman, Brian Epstein, Ted Heath. Just a few names I thought I'd mention. I'm obviously not accusing them of anything.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freddie Star now arrested...

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Again, no surprise, considering how much noise he has been making since the start of this scandal.

"Freddie Starr ate my pussy!"

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

He's not fucked a hamster has he?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Entertainer Freddie Starr has been arrested in the police inquiry into sex abuse claims against Jimmy Savile.

Mr Starr was arrested in Warwickshire by Operation Yewtree officers on suspicion of sexual offences and has been taken into police custody locally.

He has denied claims he groped a girl of 14 while in a room with Savile.

Meanwhile, an independent review into BBC Newsnight's dropping of a programme about the allegations against Savile will report later this month.

Operation Yewtree is a Scotland Yard criminal inquiry into sexual abuse claims.

The Metropolitan Police said officers arrested a man in his 60s, from Warwickshire, at 17:45 GMT in connection with the investigation.

Police said the individual fell under the strand of the investigation termed "Savile and others".

On Sunday, ex-pop star Gary Glitter was arrested and bailed after being questioned as part of the inquiry.

Glitter, 68, whose real name is Paul Gadd, was arrested at home and questioned at a London police station before being released on bail until mid-December.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20174081

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum