Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

George Thomason says 'complacency' cost result at Carlisle

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

George Thomason says 'complacency' cost result at Carlisle 14109141

George Thomason knows there will be a price to pay for Wanderers after Saturday’s friendly fail at Carlisle United.

The midfielder forecasts a difficult week ahead on the training ground after a poor show at Brunton Park in the club’s penultimate warm-up game.

With just one more outing to prepare before the League One opener at Ipswich Town, Thomason is only glad that there were no points at stake in Cumbria.

“There have been a lot of positives so far in pre-season but I think there some complacency snuck into the squad, and that isn’t really like us,” he said.

“I think we started well enough and created some chances, used the ball well, but after that I think we learned a harsh lesson to be honest with you because although it feels sore right now, the result and the performance should be able to teach us a few things in the next couple of weeks.

“I am thankful it has happened now in pre-season because come the start of the season we can’t be playing like that.”

Wanderers were roundly praised for their performance in victory against Watford but failed to get anywhere near the same levels a few days later against League Two opposition. As such, a few question marks may now have appeared alongside some of the names which looked certain starters at Ipswich.

Thomason feels the incentive of a place in the side next weekend should snap players quickly back into focus.

“We know it will be a tough week because the performance wasn’t good enough and we will sit down to assess what has to be better. There will be a lot, I am sure,” he said.

“The manager will pick the best team against Huddersfield, which will be a test, and perhaps that will be an indication of how things will be on the opening weekend.

“I think the lads have put in some good yards this pre-season and even though the Carlisle result is a bit of a negative I think we have to take it in our stride and prepare for what is ahead now.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wow, player thinks we were shit when getting dicked by a League 2 team. Amazing, my life has changed after reading this.

Just stop.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum