Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Usyk vs Joshua 2

+2
Sluffy
Norpig
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Usyk vs Joshua 2 Empty Usyk vs Joshua 2 Tue Aug 16 2022, 09:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone watching this on Saturday?

I do like AJ but he was completely outboxed last time so i think his game plan this time will be to try and bomb him out early as he is big puncher and has the power to do it.

The longer it goes the more chance of Usyk winning for me. Usyk looks to have bulked up quite a bit this time which is even more of a worry for AJ.

2Usyk vs Joshua 2 Empty Re: Usyk vs Joshua 2 Tue Aug 16 2022, 10:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The old saying in boxing is that' a good big one will always beat the good little one' - but that didn't go to plan the last time out.

I'm beginning to wonder though how good a big one AJ is though?

There is no doubt Usyk is a class 'boxer' and he's not going into the ring carry all those extra pounds for no reason.

I agree with your thinking in that AJ won't want the fight to go on long and will try to take him out and I reckon Usyk's camp know this and has put the weight on to hit AJ with when he leaves himself open trying to do just that very thing and he ends up on the floor instead.

I reckon an Usyk win by KO!

3Usyk vs Joshua 2 Empty Re: Usyk vs Joshua 2 Tue Aug 16 2022, 10:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:The old saying in boxing is that' a good big one will always beat the good little one' - but that didn't go to plan the last time out.

I'm beginning to wonder though how good a big one AJ is though?

There is no doubt Usyk is a class 'boxer' and he's not going into the ring carry all those extra pounds for no reason.

I agree with your thinking in that AJ won't want the fight to go on long and will try to take him out and I reckon Usyk's camp know this and has put the weight on to hit AJ with when he leaves himself open trying to do just that very thing and he ends up on the floor instead.

I reckon an Usyk win by KO!

I think you might be right Sluffy but hoping not.

4Usyk vs Joshua 2 Empty Re: Usyk vs Joshua 2 Tue Aug 16 2022, 15:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Joshua has been saying that he will approach the fight differently - but he referenced his early fights in which he's was often outboxed but won through punching power so he probably will come out swinging.

Thing is Usyk knows it and is too good a boxer to get caught out with that - unless AJ tags him good early doors. In the first fight, AJ couldn't land anything much on him as he was up against a top defence. Longer it goes on, the less chance AJ has IMO.

5Usyk vs Joshua 2 Empty Re: Usyk vs Joshua 2 Wed Aug 17 2022, 02:55

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

AJ easily outboxed last time and I can't see anything changing this time. Fair play to AJ if he can turn things around but I can't see it myself.

6Usyk vs Joshua 2 Empty Re: Usyk vs Joshua 2 Wed Aug 17 2022, 06:58

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he’s more offensive, then he has a great chance.

7Usyk vs Joshua 2 Empty Re: Usyk vs Joshua 2 Sat Aug 20 2022, 09:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems Usyk has been misleading us a bit and that in fact he's weighed in at more or less the same weight as the first bout with AJ.

That seems to be saying to me that he's very confident in himself and his approach that won him the fight the first time around.

Someone like AJ who is something like two stone heavier going into the fight should always win (everything else being equal - age, fitness, injury free, etc) so really it should be a no brainer but AJ lost badly the first time they met, lost badly to Ruiz previously and you've got to wonder if there's something missing within him - something animalistic, something that is natural and can't be taught that the best boxers have which they dredge up from within - something like Fury had when he got up off the floor when Wilder (and me!) had thought he'd KO'd him in their first fight.

AJ should not have lost to Ruiz nor Usyk but did so - I can't imagine Fury would have lost to either of them.

I don't know what it is with AJ by rights he should be beating Usyk easily with his weight and reach advantages but I just have no confidence in him.

There is a rumour going around that Usyk has been troubled with body shots during his training for this fight - I take such rumours with a pinch of salt but if it is true maybe it gives AJ some hope because he certainly won't outbox Usyk and if he goes for the early KO and fails then what other hope has he?

I'll stick with a Usyk win although by rights the good big boxer should always beat the good little boxer.

8Usyk vs Joshua 2 Empty Re: Usyk vs Joshua 2 Sat Aug 20 2022, 11:52

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

AJ wasn’t aggressive enough for the first fight.  This needs to change.  I’m going for AJ in the hope he learned this and will change his strategy.

9Usyk vs Joshua 2 Empty Re: Usyk vs Joshua 2 Sat Aug 20 2022, 16:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

10Usyk vs Joshua 2 Empty Re: Usyk vs Joshua 2 Sun Aug 21 2022, 00:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sluffy wrote:I'll stick with a Usyk win although by rights the good big boxer should always beat the good little boxer.

Cool

11Usyk vs Joshua 2 Empty Re: Usyk vs Joshua 2 Sun Aug 21 2022, 00:18

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Masterclass from Usyk.  A better performance from AJ but wasn’t good enough. Fury v Usyk next please

12Usyk vs Joshua 2 Empty Re: Usyk vs Joshua 2 Sun Aug 21 2022, 10:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fight went exactly as predicted.
I'd like to see Fury and Usyk and it may yet happen despite Fury's hype about retirement.

13Usyk vs Joshua 2 Empty Re: Usyk vs Joshua 2 Sun Aug 21 2022, 10:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

14Usyk vs Joshua 2 Empty Re: Usyk vs Joshua 2 Sun Aug 21 2022, 12:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boxing is dead.

When did boxers stop hitting each other?

It's become so tactical that the art of hitting someone seems to be frowned upon.

If Frank Bruno had been born 30 years later he'd have been world champion for 10 years by now.

That's the last fight I pay for, unless Sky put on sluffy v wanderlust.

15Usyk vs Joshua 2 Empty Re: Usyk vs Joshua 2 Mon Aug 22 2022, 08:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

AJ let himself down after the fight with his petulance and stealing Usk's limelight. He's gone down in my estimations after that. Can't see a way back for him now other than a few domestic fights against the likes of Joyce.

Usyk acted like a real champion and showed real dignity, just like a proper champion would.

16Usyk vs Joshua 2 Empty Re: Usyk vs Joshua 2 Mon Aug 22 2022, 10:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:AJ let himself down after the fight with his petulance and stealing Usk's limelight. He's gone down in my estimations after that. Can't see a way back for him now other than a few domestic fights against the likes of Joyce.

Usyk acted like a real champion and showed real dignity, just like a proper champion would.
Embarrassing display of petulance from AJ. In mitigation he'd been punched in the head for the last half hour or so.

17Usyk vs Joshua 2 Empty Re: Usyk vs Joshua 2 Tue Aug 23 2022, 16:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Usyk vs Joshua 2 299612058_607213354347536_3181218214432439141_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=L1v0feKubTMAX-r090k&tn=mexA8EfJmqJisRMY&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum