Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burton boss Dino Maamria's referee claim after Bolton defeat

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Burton boss Dino Maamria's referee claim after Bolton defeat 16086349

Burton boss Dino Maamria has claimed the officials needed to be "stronger" after his side’s late 2-1 defeat against Wanderers at the UniBol.

Maamria’s side went ahead during the second half when Sam Hughes headed home at the far post from Terry Taylor’s corner.

But Amadou Bakayoko pulled one back three minutes from time and Jon Dadi Bodvarsson completed the comeback in the eighth minute of stoppage time.

“The fourth official puts up seventh minutes. I’m not sure where the seven minutes came from, and what hurts most is scored in the eighth minute of added time,” said Maamria.

“To come to these places you have to be organised, you have to be confident and brave with the ball. You have to manage the environment, and we have done all that.

“Also, you need strong officials and I didn’t feel that tonight. I don’t know where the seven minutes came from and to play eight minutes, I thought the crowd got into him a bit and he gave into that.”

Maamria was delighted with his side’s display for most of the game but was frustrated with the manner of the goals they conceded.

The Burton chief explained: “I have just said to the players, we have got to look at 87 minutes. We have produced fantastic football, we have executed a gameplan, we have totally limited them.

“We scored a fantastic goal and could easily have got a second with Jonny Smith on the counter. Probably the biggest disappointment is that first goal because when you come to places like this, momentum can easily shift.

“You see the fans behind them and the squad they have got, they put five subs on. But actually we dealt with that.”

He added: “But we look at the goals we conceded – really poor goals. The first one is really poor. The second one from a corner, we should have easily dealt with it, one or two players in the wrong position.

“They had a free man and that should never happen last kick of the game.”

Maamria was visibly frustrated after the full-time whistle. When asked about the post-match scenes, he said: "Since you've mentioned that - when they come to our place, we'll give them a good game."

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Those grapes are very sour aren't they? Serves them right for all the persistent time wasting.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I really don't understand these teams coming here and parking the bus. Do they not send scouts to watch us beforehand?

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

They got exactly what they deserved for all the cynical time wasting tactics they employed from minute 1. If we scored in the 8th minute of added time when there was only 7 added on then it's absolute poetic justice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum